• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Facing Reality: Race Matters (questioning justice in the Travon Martin case)[W:70:96]

Re: Facing Reality: Race Matters (questioning justice in the Travon Martin case)

Some people struggle with subtleties. I think it's an IQ thing.

Or some people just know what is going on in the Zimmerman case. They don't see race baiting as a solution to something that in this case was not a problem or issue.

Re: Facing Reality: Race Matters (questioning justice in the Travon Martin case)

So you got nothing to refute what I said? OK. I will take that as an admission of defeat.

Maybe not if the black person wronged is a Republican but otherwise yes, always.

And it's getting foolish now. The most accurate quote I saw about Zimmerman's defending himself was something along the lines of only in America can a Hispanic man shoot a black man and a white man gets blamed.

That is kinda funny :lol: but some Latinos can be just as prejudiced as some white people...and that is a fact....

That is kinda funny :lol: but some Latinos can be just as prejudiced as some white people...and that is a fact....

And that has what to do with anything I said? So what? Some blacks, whites, Asians etc can be racist. This again has nothing at all to do with anything I said. Nor does it refute anything I said with a single fact or anything else.

No kidding. I certainly didn't think prejudice was limited to people with white skin.

Good black people vs bad black people? That's not racism at all, that is a judgement call normal people make everyday. Has nothing at all to do with "rose colored glasses" or any such nonsense. Those "assholes who always get away" could mean anyone, anyone at all but specifically criminals. Since we know George was well liked in his community, grew up around black siblings and fought for the rights of a homeless black man, we can assume as did the state department, and the prosecuting attorney's, race had nothing at all to do with this.

The rest is well just your opinion. Has no relevance at all, none.

How about "preconceived" bias.. A young black man in a suit is OK, but a young black man in a hoodie is not..... bias equals prejudice.....

Some people struggle with subtleties. I think it's an IQ thing.

I do believe you are correct..:2wave:

How about "preconceived" bias.. A young black man in a suit is OK, but a young black man in a hoodie is not..... bias equals prejudice.....

Again what evidence do you have to show George Zimmerman, did anything racially motivated? You don't because again because there is none. 0, zilch, nada... nothing to show this at all. Unless you have evidence again the State Department or prosecutors missed?

Or some people just know what is going on in the Zimmerman case. They don't see race baiting as a solution to something that in this case was not a problem or issue.

Or some people who just know what was going on in Zimmerman's psyche..... They don't see that a dead teenager is a problem or issue...

Or some people who just know what was going on in Zimmerman's psyche.....

And who would these people be? Because unless they are psychic, that would be an out and out lie. Again evidence shows no racism. I notice you continue to avoid that little factoid?

They don't see that a dead teenager is a problem or issue...

No they see a dead criminal who committed an aggravated assault on an individual who defended himself within the bounds of the law.

And that has what to do with anything I said? So what? Some blacks, whites, Asians etc can be racist. This again has nothing at all to do with anything I said. Nor does it refute anything I said with a single fact or anything else.

Gee you're right--it has absolutely nothing to do with anything you said----because I was responding to Dapper Andy...Get your panties out of a knot....

No kidding. I certainly didn't think prejudice was limited to people with white skin.

Well, I'm just so relieved that you didn't think that....:roll:

Gee you're right--it has absolutely nothing to do with anything you said----because I was responding to Dapper Andy...Get your panties out of a knot....

You have basically implied I am an "Uncle Tom" and done nothing to defend your position. So I am still waiting for you to show how Zimmerman racially profiled Martin or how race had anything at all to do with the case.

Again what evidence do you have to show George Zimmerman, did anything racially motivated? You don't because again because there is none. 0, zilch, nada... nothing to show this at all. Unless you have evidence again the State Department or prosecutors missed?

The jurers looked at the evidence and saw what they wanted to see....I was convinced they were wrong, and became even more convinced when some of them spoke out after the trial... GZ "got away with murder"...simple as that....but we are not here to retry the case, but to discuss racial bias....

I
And who would these people be? Because unless they are psychic, that would be an out and out lie. Again evidence shows no racism. I notice you continue to avoid that little factoid?

No they see a dead criminal who committed an aggravated assault on an individual who defended himself within the bounds of the law.[/QUOTE

Were you there? Are you a psychologist? I am not going to go over this case again....My belief is my belief and your beliefs are yours...The jury was WRONG.....

I was just being funny, Don't take it too seriously.

The jurers looked at the evidence and saw what they wanted to see....I was convinced they were wrong, and became even more convinced when some of them spoke out after the trial... GZ "got away with murder"...simple as that....but we are not here to retry the case, but to discuss racial bias....

So you have no evidence that Zimmerman racially profiled Martin, and no evidence the case had anything to do with race.

Thanks for your honesty.

No they see a dead criminal who committed an aggravated assault on an individual who defended himself within the bounds of the law.

Were you there? Are you a psychologist? I am not going to go over this case again....My belief is my belief and your beliefs are yours...The jury was WRONG.....

I am not asking you what you believe. I am asking you what real world evidence you are basing this opinion on? You stated it as fact, and now you are saying it is just an opinion? Mine is not "opinion" it is based on the facts of the case.

You have basically implied I am an "Uncle Tom" and done nothing to defend your position. So I am still waiting for you to show how Zimmerman racially profiled Martin or how race had anything at all to do with the case.

You really do relish that term' don't you? Do you consider that term as your badge of honor? I, along with half of the world, do not have to defend our position....The Hispanic jurer did it for us-"-GZ got away with murder". What part of that don't you understand?

You really do relish that term' don't you? Do you consider that term as your badge of honor? I, along with half of the world, do not have to defend our position....The Hispanic jurer did it for us-"-GZ got away with murder". What part of that don't you understand?

Relish the term? It is bordering on hate speech and you somehow think I am not offended by it or relish it? I have nothing else to say about that.

Yes you do have to defend your position. You stated it as fact here and that is not what the evidence says. One juror also did not convict him or cause a hung jury, what does this tell you? I understand it completely, of course I don't scream "racism" at the drop of a hat either so maybe my standards are too strict?

Moderator's Warning:
Moderation has occurred. Stay on topic, which is not each other, or there will be more.

It is not just because of race. We make reasoned guesses based on a combination of factors. A black v. a white; young v. older; the way they dress; the expression on their face; the way they carry themselves; are the known or unfamiliar faces. Put enough of those combinations together and I would maintain that blacks will reach "thug" status in most minds a lot sooner than a similarly situated white kid.
Of course it's not just about race. My point applies to all sorts of other characteristics anyway. They're all stereotyping, all based on at best imperfect assumptions and so all flawed.

People will assume that people of a certain age, gender, (apparent) race and appearance will rob, rape or murder them at the first opportunity and most of the time, those assumptions will be wrong. I know because I've made the same assumptions myself. It's a natural instinct but that doesn't mean we should blindly follow it.

Interesting how the people who say they want "an honest conversation about race" usually begin with a dishonest premise. The very act of connecting race or racism to this case in particular is dishonest and soils the entire conversation.

funny, most of the people who start these kinds of threads don't really want an honest conversation about race...they just want people to agree with them.

Yeah, kind of like my bias when I see this comparison. Both young white men, but at first glance, I would hire the one who is well-dressed, over the one with the tats.

Or some people who just know what was going on in Zimmerman's psyche..... They don't see that a dead teenager is a problem or issue...
I think it is a tragic problem and one of Martin's making. He made a grievous bad decision to attack George and sadly paid for that fatal mistake with his life. Life and consequences happens.

Back
Top Bottom