• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Exclusive: Trump-endorsed J.D. Vance takes commanding lead in new OH primary poll

Do you think the Trump party "holds some relevance in Republican Party circles?"
I know you think you avoided answering but your reply said a lot.

I know you think you avoided answering but your reply said a lot.
Endorsing J.D. Vance to be G.O.P. US Senator representing the state of Arizona, or spending millions of a personal fortune on "that project"
says much, much, more.

Endorsing J.D. Vance to be G.O.P. US Senator representing the state of Arizona, or spending millions of a personal fortune on "that project"
says much, much, more.

Vance is running on OH, not AZ.
My original original suspicions about you were correct.
Can't even get the State right.
No wonder you think the Lincoln Project is an NGO for the Republican Party.

says much, much, more.

Vance is running on OH, not AZ.
My original original suspicions about you were correct.
Can't even get the State right.
No wonder you think the Lincoln Project is an NGO for the Republican Party.
There are two Thiel bankrolled, fascist Senate candidates, Masters is the one running in the Arizona G.O.P. primary.
I apologize for not keeping precise track of which fascist is running where, but that does not amount to you shooting
at the messenger instead of addressing the message, as reasonable on your part.

The Awful Advent of Reactionary Chic - The New York Times

https://www.nytimes.com › 2022/04/25 › opinion › reacti...
6 days ago — By Michelle Goldberg ... "One of the movement's leading intellectual lights is Curtis Yarvin, a blogger who sees liberalism as creating a ...
...Last week, Vanity Fair published James Pogue’s fascinating look at the American New Right’s constellation of thinkers, podcasters and politicians, many funded by Peter Thiel, a tech billionaire who once wrote that freedom and democracy are incompatible. It’s hard to summarize the scene’s politics; a milieu that includes both the aggressively anti-cosmopolitan Senate candidate J.D. Vance of Ohio and the louche hipster podcast “Red Scare” doesn’t have a coherent worldview. What it does have is contempt for social liberalism and a desire to épater le bourgeois.

“It is a project to overthrow the thrust of progress, at least such as liberals understand the word,” Pogue wrote. One of the movement’s leading intellectual lights is Curtis Yarvin, a blogger who sees liberalism as creating a Matrix-like totalitarian system and who wants to replace American democracy with a sort of techno-monarchy.

According to Pogue, the movement “has become quietly edgy and cool in new tech outposts like Miami and Austin, and in downtown Manhattan, where New Right-ish politics are in, and signifiers like a demure cross necklace have become markers of a transgressive chic.” This might be an overstatement, but it’s pretty clear that there’s cultural energy in the opposition to the progressive norms and taboos that are derisively called “wokeness.”

Ya beat me to it :p

I saw that yesterday. I think Dolan's going to pull it off.
Well, I would like that, if for no other reason to have Trump's endorsements be the kiss of death.

There are two Thiel bankrolled, fascist Senate candidates, Masters is the one running in the Arizona G.O.P. primary.
I apologize for not keeping precise track of which fascist is running where, but that does not amount to you shooting
at the messenger instead of addressing the message, as reasonable on your part.

6 days ago — By Michelle Goldberg ... "One of the movement's leading intellectual lights is Curtis Yarvin, a blogger who sees liberalism as creating a ...
...Last week, Vanity Fair published James Pogue’s fascinating look at the American New Right’s constellation of thinkers, podcasters and politicians, many funded by Peter Thiel, a tech billionaire who once wrote that freedom and democracy are incompatible. It’s hard to summarize the scene’s politics; a milieu that includes both the aggressively anti-cosmopolitan Senate candidate J.D. Vance of Ohio and the louche hipster podcast “Red Scare” doesn’t have a coherent worldview. What it does have is contempt for social liberalism and a desire to épater le bourgeois.

“It is a project to overthrow the thrust of progress, at least such as liberals understand the word,” Pogue wrote. One of the movement’s leading intellectual lights is Curtis Yarvin, a blogger who sees liberalism as creating a Matrix-like totalitarian system and who wants to replace American democracy with a sort of techno-monarchy.

According to Pogue, the movement “has become quietly edgy and cool in new tech outposts like Miami and Austin, and in downtown Manhattan, where New Right-ish politics are in, and signifiers like a demure cross necklace have become markers of a transgressive chic.” This might be an overstatement, but it’s pretty clear that there’s cultural energy in the opposition to the progressive norms and taboos that are derisively called “wokeness.”
You have a great deal to apologize for.
You don't know what the Lincoln Project is all about.
You can't help the Godwin stuff.
You apparently think Michelle Goldberg is some neutral journalist that you can use as a source.

You have a great deal to apologize for.
You don't know what the Lincoln Project is all about.
You can't help the Godwin stuff.
You apparently think Michelle Goldberg is some neutral journalist that you can use as a source.
...and you're not going to explain or provide supporting links to reasonable sources supporting any of that, are you?

...and you're not going to explain or provide supporting links to reasonable sources supporting any of that, are you?
You need a source to tell you why calling anyone a fascist right off is a Godwin, what the Lincoln Project is, and why Michelle Goldberg is a biased journalist?
If you need that kind of help you shouldn't be saying stuff like that until can wean yourself off the Huffington Post.

You need a source to tell you why calling anyone a fascist right off is a Godwin, what the Lincoln Project is, and why Michelle Goldberg is a biased journalist?
If you need that kind of help you shouldn't be saying stuff like that until can wean yourself off the Huffington Post.
Lemme get this straight, instead of replying to the facts, directly related to the fitness and competence of the Trump endorsed, G.O.P. candidate running for office who is the subject in this thread's title and its OP, the diverting BS in your reply above, after I requested that you rebut those facts (not sidetrack to your diversions) with supporting links to reasonable sources, you again post empty diversion.

Nothing you post about Lincoln Project, Goodwin's Law, or your opinion
of Michele Goldberg, changes the facts about G.O.P. US Senate candidates Vance or Masters.

Peter Thiel posting his authoritarian preference, directly,

The Education of a Libertarian​

Peter Thiel • April 13, 2009 •
"..Most importantly, I no longer believe that freedom and democracy are compatible."

“It is a project to overthrow the thrust of progress, at least such as liberals understand the word,” Pogue wrote. One of the movement’s leading intellectual lights is Curtis Yarvin, a blogger who sees liberalism as creating a Matrix-like totalitarian system and who wants to replace American democracy with a sort of techno-monarchy.."

-snip- Thiel has given more than $10 million to super PACs supporting the men’s candidacies, and both are personally close to him. Vance is a former employee of Thiel’s Mithril Capital, and Masters, until recently the COO of Thiel’s so-called “family office,” also ran the Thiel Foundation, which has become increasingly intertwined with this New Right ecosystem. These three—Thiel, Vance, Masters—are all friends with Curtis Yarvin, a 48-year-old ex-programmer and blogger who has done more than anyone to articulate the world historical critique and popularize the key terms of the New Right. ...Political reporters, at least the ones -snip-
Archived link to Yarvin's (posting as Mencius Moldbug) "slave discourse" where he uses the word "slave" 84X...
https://archive.ph/HVtQP
"...Some races are suited to be closer to Power, others to be slaves, and slave-master relationships will follow along those lines. Again, because this is natural, it's best for all parties."

Why would anyone vote for Vance, Masters, or any Trump endorsed, G.O.P. candidate?

Last edited:
Lemme get this straight, instead of replying to the facts, directly related to the fitness and competence of the Trump endorsed, G.O.P. candidate running for office who is the subject in this thread's title and its OP, the diverting BS in your reply above, after I requested that you rebut those facts (not sidetrack to your diversions) with supporting links to reasonable sources, you again post empty diversion.

Nothing you post about Lincoln Project, Goodwin's Law, or your opinion
of Michele Goldberg, changes the facts about G.O.P. US Senate candidates Vance or Masters.

Peter Thiel posting his authoritarian preference, directly,

"..Most importantly, I no longer believe that freedom and democracy are compatible."

“It is a project to overthrow the thrust of progress, at least such as liberals understand the word,” Pogue wrote. One of the movement’s leading intellectual lights is Curtis Yarvin, a blogger who sees liberalism as creating a Matrix-like totalitarian system and who wants to replace American democracy with a sort of techno-monarchy.."

Archived link to Yarvin's (posting as Mencius Moldbug) "slave discourse" where he uses the word "slave" 84X...
"...Some races are suited to be closer to Power, others to be slaves, and slave-master relationships will follow along those lines. Again, because this is natural, it's best for all parties."

Why would anyone vote for Vance, Masters, or any Trump endorsed, G.O.P. candidate?

Is that what is upsetting you so?
Okay, here ... https://jdvance.com/issues/

bullshit. the entire concept of individualism is anathema to the collectivist left.
You have your head right in the Ayn Rand bucket today, don't you?

He strikes me as a guy that's good for politics. I hope he wins.
I agree, if by good for politics you mean a guy who trashed trump, then belatedly realized he needed trump's support to get elected, then decides to kiss trumps ring, or whatever other body parts he needed to kiss to get trump's endorsement. I can see how that would be good for politics as opposed to
someone who has a clear set of ideas and a good moral compass.

bullshit. the entire concept of individualism is anathema to the collectivist left.
Project, much?

Elites Are Getting Nationalism All Wrong​

Russia, the United States, and the European Union are each suffering from resulting disasters.​

Stephen M. Walt
By Stephen M. Walt, a columnist at Foreign Policy and the Robert and Renée Belfer professor of international relations at Harvard University.
".. Liberalism’s emphasis on the individual and his/her/their individual rights is another blind spot, insofar as it directs our gaze away from the social bonds and commitments to group survival that many groups view as more important than individual freedom.."

Sums up Trump's party in service to Trump, to a tee!

Talks like a cult-of-personality, walks like a cult-of personality...

Link to cached page of this article,

https://coloradosun.com/2022/04/30/tina-peters-colorado-secretary-of-state-races-us/

Colorado’s Tina Peters and other GOP election-deniers elevate races for secretary of state​

The Associated Press
6:00 PM MDT on Apr 30, 2022
"...
That includes John Adams, a former state lawmaker challenging Ohio’s incumbent secretary of state, Frank LaRose, in Tuesday’s GOP primary. Adams has said “there’s no way that Trump lost” and said LaRose wasn’t any different than Stacey Abrams, a Democrat and national voting rights advocate who is running for governor in Georgia.

LaRose hasn’t talked much about the 2020 election in the campaign other than to say it was secure in Ohio and to tout his office’s pursuit of voter fraud cases. This marked a departure following the 2020 vote in which he praised the work of bipartisan election officials in running a smooth election, promoted voter access and presented statistics showing how rare voter fraud is.

Earlier this year, LaRose brushed aside questions about his shifting rhetoric.

“Unfortunately, some people want to make a political issue out of this,” he said. “Of course, it’s right to be concerned about election integrity.”

The pivot was enough to earn him an endorsement from Trump, who is considering another run for president in 2024 and said LaRose was “dedicated to Secure Elections.” LaRose has been touting the endorsement.."

Last edited:
I agree, if by good for politics you mean a guy who trashed trump, then belatedly realized he needed trump's support to get elected, then decides to kiss trumps ring, or whatever other body parts he needed to kiss to get trump's endorsement. I can see how that would be good for politics as opposed to
someone who has a clear set of ideas and a good moral compass.
It's bizarre to me how progressives look at everything lately through the prism of how it affects Trump. I really do not care what his opinion is of Trump or Trump's opinion of him. I think he is a decent human being running for office at a time when there is a shortage of them running our government.

It's bizarre to me how progressives look at everything lately through the prism of how it affects Trump. I really do not care what his opinion is of Trump or Trump's opinion of him. I think he is a decent human being running for office at a time when there is a shortage of them running our government.
A decent human being whose politics shifted 180 degrees in a couple years? I will change my mind when presented with a valid reason, but Vance seems to have changed his views just to get an endorsement. Of course you can back whomever you like in the race, I don't care. If you have ever seen any of my posts, it would be obvious I'm not a progressive, but I do expect a candidate to have a consistent message and beliefs, not one chosen to get a pat
on the back from trump and his cult.

What I found the least convincing was the reasons for him suddenly reversing course. From what I remember, he had pretty harsh critiques of Trump which extended beyond just policy disagreements. It's one thing if the issues Vance had with Trump changed when he became president, but his schtick was the same from campaign through his presidency. It's pretty clear he sees Trump's support as a means to an end.
If you look under the hood, this is a proxy battle between the fascists and everyone else.
Vance is in the "ya gotta give a little to get a little." His friends are fascist, so who votes for that?

November 13, 2016
"As Geoff Lewis notes in what is a pretty remarkable post on Medium this afternoon, titled “#TurnOnReality,” he might be in big trouble for what he wrote today about his opposition to Donald Trump and what he thinks we all should do about it.

“If some of the most frightening rumors are true, than I will face retaliation just for writing these words today,” wrote Lewis, referring to remarks by Trump followers promising retribution for those who did not and will not not fall into line.

And what words they are, especially when you know they’re coming from a partner of high-profile Trump support Peter Thiel at his Founders Fund. Unlike Thiel, Lewis is not a fan of our new president. “Only this isn’t just another Twitter war. This is the most powerful nation in the one world we’ve got, folks,” wrote Lewis. “And while I hope to be proven wrong in years to come, from what I’ve seen thus far, a world in which President Trump makes any sense at all is not a world I want my grandchildren to inherit.”

Uhh... could it be because all G.O.P. primary candidate must lie about the 2020 election as a condition of
the ring kissing requirement? Where you been?

All his friends, including his mentor, Thiel, are fascists, and Vance has demonstrated himself to have no principles, humiliating
himself from his "Trump is an American Hitler," 2016 persona, into the present one.

That to me is not, "a decent human being". Are Thiel, Yarvin, and Tucker, "decent human beings"? If you post, "yes," then why
aren't Biden or Harris decent?

The Education of a Libertarian

www.cato-unbound.org

-snip- Thiel has given more than $10 million to super PACs supporting the men’s candidacies, and both are personally close to him. Vance is a former employee of Thiel’s Mithril Capital, and Masters, until recently the COO of Thiel’s so-called “family office,” also ran the Thiel Foundation, which has become increasingly intertwined with this New Right ecosystem. These three—Thiel, Vance, Masters—are all friends with Curtis Yarvin, a 48-year-old ex-programmer and blogger who has done more than anyone to articulate the world historical critique and popularize the key terms of the New Right. ...Political reporters, at least the ones -snip-
Archived link to Yarvin's "slave discourse" where he uses the word "slave" 84X...

You think a guy who says the fentanyl crisis is Biden's attempt to kill Trump supporters is a decent human being?

Project, much?

Elites Are Getting Nationalism All Wrong​

Russia, the United States, and the European Union are each suffering from resulting disasters.​

Stephen M. Walt
By Stephen M. Walt, a columnist at Foreign Policy and the Robert and Renée Belfer professor of international relations at Harvard University.
".. Liberalism’s emphasis on the individual and his/her/their individual rights is another blind spot, insofar as it directs our gaze away from the social bonds and commitments to group survival that many groups view as more important than individual freedom.."

Sums up Trump's party in service to Trump, to a tee!

Talks like a cult-of-personality, walks like a cult-of personality...

Link to cached page of this article,

https://coloradosun.com/2022/04/30/tina-peters-colorado-secretary-of-state-races-us/

Colorado’s Tina Peters and other GOP election-deniers elevate races for secretary of state​

The Associated Press
6:00 PM MDT on Apr 30, 2022
"...
That includes John Adams, a former state lawmaker challenging Ohio’s incumbent secretary of state, Frank LaRose, in Tuesday’s GOP primary. Adams has said “there’s no way that Trump lost” and said LaRose wasn’t any different than Stacey Abrams, a Democrat and national voting rights advocate who is running for governor in Georgia.

LaRose hasn’t talked much about the 2020 election in the campaign other than to say it was secure in Ohio and to tout his office’s pursuit of voter fraud cases. This marked a departure following the 2020 vote in which he praised the work of bipartisan election officials in running a smooth election, promoted voter access and presented statistics showing how rare voter fraud is.

Earlier this year, LaRose brushed aside questions about his shifting rhetoric.

“Unfortunately, some people want to make a political issue out of this,” he said. “Of course, it’s right to be concerned about election integrity.”

The pivot was enough to earn him an endorsement from Trump, who is considering another run for president in 2024 and said LaRose was “dedicated to Secure Elections.” LaRose has been touting the endorsement.."
wall of spam: the American left is now a reactionary, parasitic statist movement.

You have your head right in the Ayn Rand bucket today, don't you?
Nope: I don't find much of Rand to be all that useful. One can oppose faux charity in the form of government redistribution of wealth for buying votes, while supporting private charity and rejecting selfishness.

Uhh... could it be because all G.O.P. primary candidate must lie about the 2020 election as a condition of
the ring kissing requirement? Where you been?

All his friends, including his mentor, Thiel, are fascists, and Vance has demonstrated himself to have no principles, humiliating
himself from his "Trump is an American Hitler," 2016 persona, into the present one.

That to me is not, "a decent human being". Are Thiel, Yarvin, and Tucker, "decent human beings"? If you post, "yes," then why
aren't Biden or Harris decent?

The Education of a Libertarian

www.cato-unbound.org

Archived link to Yarvin's "slave discourse" where he uses the word "slave" 84X...

I think some of you are terrified of him and you calculate everything with him in mind.

Trump gets mixed up. Endorses the wrong guy.

Back
Top Bottom