• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Everybody should stand for the National Anthem

Stay on topic, grasshopper...my post was in reference to your post...

You do realize that people like Billy Graham HAVE ALWAYS revered the country, right? What denomination are you? I’m an Evangelical Christian. I read all 16 Left Behind novels over the last couple years! I happen to know that even Tim Lahaye even respected the flag! What spiritual leaders do you listen to anyways? You sound like a Jehovah’s Witness!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 things

1 I am not left

2 Your link is not what you think it is. A course in logic would have benefited you greatly.

Being open minded is not to suspend logic to accept another's fallacy.

You likely have no clue what I am even talking about. You have much to learn. Hopefully you are young.

I’ve read your posts on all sorts of topics to know you’re on the left, but you’re still better than Elvira, I can say that.

I’ve read your posts on all sorts of topics to know you’re on the left, but you’re still better than Elvira, I can say that.

I am a republican who is an anti Turumper.

If it requires my allegiance/loyalty, yes it is...my loyalty is to God's kingdom...John 18:36...

Peter denying Jesus has nothing to do with revering your country. Another verse that proved that you’re reading stuff that’s not there. Where in the world do you see what you see?

I am a republican who is an anti Turumper.

Yeah yeah yeah. Geraldo Rivera claims to be Republican as well. Doesn’t mean ****!

And some religious people think the internet is Satanic. Why are you on the internet then? If you can’t revere anybody other than God, than you can’t revere your family either.

What a stupid post.

Are you allowed to talk politics at work? I never was. They should do it on their own time. Sitting for the anthem while they should be standing says more ABOUT YOU than the country. She explains this in the video.

Good thing those players and informed people don't care what you think!

I fully support their cause and protests. I take great pleasure seeing all the other sports taking part in the protests, knowing it pisses off that traitorous disrespectful clown in the WH. Protesting by taking a knee for the good of the country, is quite a contrast from ignoring Putin's threning our service/women...

The video doesn’t say that at all. Watch it and you’ll understand!

Ah the RobertinFreemont style of debating. He found that it’s not very effective. Make a point if you have one, don’t waste people’s time with no context video links.

Incidentally, forced displays of patriotism are pretty fascist.

The video seems to be conflating two separate questions. Whether the players engaged in this protest are raising legitimate grievances and whether not standing for the national anthem at the start of a professional sporting event is a legitimate form of protest. The descending in to fuzziness when it seems to quietly accept that America isn't perfect yet suggesting that everyone should blindly worship the nation and the flag regardless.

The whole reason this is such an effective form of protest, the reason we're still talking about it years down the line, is because of that expectation and what it implies of the people who choose to stand as well as those who choose not to. I personally don't buy the simplistic attacks that the protesters are disrespecting the flag or the nation. They kind of are because their entire point is that the nation has imperfections which should be addressed (whether we agree with them on that is irrelevant here).

Now this being America, you were incapable of moving on from the attention grabbing protest on to any kind of constructive discussion of the issues behind it, both because the protesters failed to effectively follow-up and their partisan political opponents refuse to engage. In a normal civilised society though, this would be a perfectly legitimate form of protest.

What if I stand but with my back towards the flag?

Anyone who lives in a free country may do as they please. And visitors too. If I am in the US and the national anthem is played I choose to stand out of plain good manners but feel no obligation to do so.

I will not stand for the anthem, ever. It is nationalist and/or fascist to pledge allegiance to a government or a country. The government cannot compel person to stand for the anthem.

Wrong. In a free country people may refuse to make any pledge of allegiance. By the same token they must be free to do so IF THAT IS THEIR CHOICE. Sorry about the caps but you are clearly very confused about the meaning of freedom.

Ah the RobertinFreemont style of debating. He found that it’s not very effective. Make a point if you have one, don’t waste people’s time with no context video links.

Incidentally, forced displays of patriotism are pretty fascist.

Forced displays may be fascist, communist, Islamic or typical of any other totalitarian tyranny.

Forced displays may be fascist, communist, Islamic or typical of any other totalitarian tyranny.

Sure but hyper nationalism is one of the defining traits of fascism.

Anyone who lives in a free country may do as they please. And visitors too. If I am in the US and the national anthem is played I choose to stand out of plain good manners but feel no obligation to do so.

Of course you do. You’re Sweden!

Yeah yeah yeah. Geraldo Rivera claims to be Republican as well. Doesn’t mean ****!

It means that it is your party affiliation and that you vote in their primaries.

So it's only fair to ask .... who are you voting for in November?

Man you are impatient... LOL, I don't live on this site

As I said in my PM I will vote for any mentally healthy and emotionally mature adult other than Trump.

Are you allowed to talk politics at work? I never was. They should do it on their own time. Sitting for the anthem while they should be standing says more ABOUT YOU than the country. She explains this in the video.

If you don't want politics in Football and other sporting events, stop playing the anthem, end the military flyovers and other spectacles, and actually remove politics from sports.

You skipped the BLM thugs. Or are they included in "communist"? Or maybe "fascist"? Yeah, fascist is better.

Just trying to be helpful...

Back
Top Bottom