• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Everybody should stand for the National Anthem

Of course you do. You’re Sweden!
Nothing personal...

I have a question: why is it that the stupidest and the most vile idiots we see on TV, screaming, pushing, and breaking things are young white females from well-to-do families?

Do they try to get orgasms from all that excitement or what? Kind of like riding horses. There must be some hormonal explanation for acting like morons.

Let all those that don't want to stand...not stand. Let those that want to stand -- stand.

Isn't life much easier when you can easily identify those that vehemently disagree with you about pretty much everything?

You do realize that people like Billy Graham HAVE ALWAYS revered the country, right? What denomination are you? I’m an Evangelical Christian. I read all 16 Left Behind novels over the last couple years! I happen to know that even Tim Lahaye even respected the flag! What spiritual leaders do you listen to anyways? You sound like a Jehovah’s Witness!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am Christian, my leader is Jesus Christ..."Neither be called leaders, for your Leader is one, the Christ." Matthew 23:10

Though some form of government is necessary for the existence of society and they are allowed to stand in their relative positions by God..."Let every person be in subjection to the superior authorities, for there is no authority except by God; the existing authorities stand placed in their relative positions by God." Romans 13:1

My loyalty is to God's government alone..."In answer Peter and the other apostles said: “We must obey God as ruler rather than men." Acts 5:29

"Because of this I always strive to maintain a clear conscience before God and men." Acts 24:16

Wrong. In a free country people may refuse to make any pledge of allegiance. By the same token they must be free to do so IF THAT IS THEIR CHOICE. Sorry about the caps but you are clearly very confused about the meaning of freedom.

The meaning of freedom is the prtotected right to make the choice and say that you refuse to go along with the majority, even if it is one person who feels that way, so not standing for the anthem is most certainly an issue of personal freedom and public protest.

Forget it!

Standing for the National Anthem is so 1950ish.

This is 2020.

People will stand only for a special anthem that honors a certain group.

And eventually, many people will refuse to stand even for that song.

Every day, our youth are becoming more and more defiant. (Just ask any cop or teacher or business manager.)

It's back to the 1960s and just do your thing, dude! Want to play loud music? Go for it! Want to let dangerous dogs roam the street? Okey doke! Want to use your cellphone in class? Tell the teacher to mind his/her own business!

Many teachers have given up trying to get their students to pledge allegiance to the flag. It's time to realize that getting people to stand for the National Anthem is a lost cause, too.

You skipped the BLM thugs. Or are they included in "communist"? Or maybe "fascist"? Yeah, fascist is better.

Just trying to be helpful...

No I did not; they like nazis, for example, are included in 'any other totalitarian tyranny'.

The meaning of freedom is the prtotected right to make the choice and say that you refuse to go along with the majority, even if it is one person who feels that way, so not standing for the anthem is most certainly an issue of personal freedom and public protest.

Agreed. But people are also free to go along with the majority if they want to and NOT to protest, publicly or privately, if they don't want to.

Agreed. But people are also free to go along with the majority if they want to and NOT to protest, publicly or privately, if they don't want to.

JFCoaPS!

Why would you even ask this question when you admit that those choosing not to protest are part of the majority? Do I need to explain that most rights exist to protect those in the minority from the tyranny of the majority, or do I also need to explain what tyranny of the majority is?

Nothing personal...

I have a question: why is it that the stupidest and the most vile idiots we see on TV, screaming, pushing, and breaking things are young white females from well-to-do families?

Do they try to get orgasms from all that excitement or what? Kind of like riding horses. There must be some hormonal explanation for acting like morons.

Sounds like more research is needed. I'm going to need some grant money.

Her first words out of her mouth is,

"The national Anthem stands for freedom ... "

Then she spends the rest of the video arguing against freedom?

Did anyone else catch this?

Yeah, it's called doublespeak and doublethink. Trump cult members are fine with that after their daily 2 minutes of Rage against Hillary.

Nothing personal...

If you **** straight men long enough, you’ll do anything for an orgasm.

No I did not; they like nazis, for example, are included in 'any other totalitarian tyranny'.
Leftists are too dense to figure it out. They think that BLM is like boy scouts except black.

Get a vibrator, not a Molotov cocktail and a baseball bat.

Has anyone noticed many new posters lately, just as the election is approaching? That they all seem to be on one side of the debate? Or is it just my paranoia?

Back
Top Bottom