• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Europe

galenrox said:
Well I wouldn't say killing it neccisarily, but definately bringing it down. Since America and Europe are connected in the global market, and they are both major traders, since the European economy's is in bad shape, investors can't become comfortable in the Bullish nature of the US economy, which thus turns the US economy bearish, despite the fact that all other indicators would imply that it should be bullish for a little bit longer than it will be.

So in other words, the sad shape of the European economy is dragging on the US...

Quertol said:
I believe that her husband should do what he vowed to do, and that would be take care of her... This would include health care... She might not never work, but her husband does...

And her husband will pay less tax than an unmarried person on the same salary. So he gets discounted health care, and his wife gets absolutely free health care. Given that you yourself have previously defined lazy as "someone who doesn't work who otherwise could" we can only conclude that the unworking wife is a lazy bum, by your definition, who is getting a free ride.

Naughty Nurse said:
And her husband will pay less tax than an unmarried person on the same salary. So he gets discounted health care, and his wife gets absolutely free health care. Given that you yourself have previously defined lazy as "someone who doesn't work who otherwise could" we can only conclude that the unworking wife is a lazy bum, by your definition, who is getting a free ride.

that dempends on whether her husband can support her... How many if any kids they have... If the person is already being provided for by privately, where is the need for public support? And by the way, my wife stayed home for years and now works... I supported her... I didn't have her get assistance... She chose to go back to work...

Quertol said:
that dempends on whether her husband can support her... How many if any kids they have... If the person is already being provided for by privately, where is the need for public support? And by the way, my wife stayed home for years and now works... I supported her... I didn't have her get assistance... She chose to go back to work...

Well, say what you like. As a nurse I believe that adequate health care (along with food, housing and education) should be regarded as basic human rights.

As a nurse I consider it my duty to care for anybody who comes my way during the course of my working day. How much money they have in their bank account is irrelevant.

You appear to have a different opinion. Which one of us do you think your frien Mr Christ would agree with?

i agree, disease and health problems are not something we as individuals always have control over. We get sick, and that can harm our life physically, financially, and emotionally. I see no problem in having the government provide us with accessible healthcare (as it is there too look after it's citizen's needs).

My one and only problem with Europe is how hard it is for an American to immigrate there. :mrgreen: Anyone want to adopt a 22 year old?

No, seriously.

And as a nod to all the Europeans out there, here is a list from the 2004 UN Human Development Index.

1. Norway
2. Sweden
3. Australia
4. Canada
5. Netherlands
6. Belgium
7. Iceland
8. United States
9. Japan
10. Ireland
11. Switzerland
12. United Kingdom
13. Finland
14. Austria
15. Luxembourg

I'm sorry i'm dragging the convo back a bit but the NHS is the best thing ever for Britain. Without it we'd....be like America, something like 7% below the poverty line, thats just wrong. How they gonna pay for operations? they may clean toilets and the streets but they deserve the same amount of money spent on their health as me or you.

I used to be a europhile. At present I have a love hate relationship with

them, I love to hate them. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom