• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ending 'don't ask, don't tell' would undermine religious liberty

Agreed. The whole idea of religious liberty is asinine. Sure, you can believe whatever you want, but the moment you step outside or open your mouth, you're in the real world and you need to handle yourself appropriately. I don't care if inside, you hate every gay person that ever existed, that doesn't need to be spewed all over the place through your gaping pie hole. Should racists just be able to declare their racism "religious liberty" and expect to be able to practice it openly? How about misogynists? Where do you draw the line? Discrimination is abhorrent no matter why you do it, just sticking a religious label on it doesn't make it any better.

A lot of these people in the military need to grow the hell up and get over it. Reality works just fine guys, enough of your idiotic testosterone-laden immaturity.

In fact, not very long ago at all in the grand scheme of things, racists used to do just that:

Using the Bible to justify slavery. Slavery in the Bible and early Christianity

We broke them of it, though, and Christianity somehow survived, rallied, and even- arguably- thrived.
It'll similarly survive this latest blow, I suspect. More's the pity.

In fact, not very long ago at all in the grand scheme of things, racists used to do just that:

Using the Bible to justify slavery. Slavery in the Bible and early Christianity

We broke them of it, though, and Christianity somehow survived, rallied, and even- arguably- thrived.
It'll similarly survive this latest blow, I suspect. More's the pity.

No, we didn't break them of it, we just don't allow them to act on it. You have to remember that groups like the KKK are specifically Christian groups. They still hate minorities, they'd still have slaves if they could, they haven't learned their lesson and they're fuming that anyone would dare take their slaves away.

Religion doesn't learn from reality, religion wouldn't know reality if it ran up and bonked religion on the head.

Once again, all of this is agenda-fueled ranting by people who have never served in an infantry unit. There is a mountain of a difference between units that actually fight (5%) and those who are support (95%). The military doesn't want DADT to go away, but everyone else who would never serve themselves wants to throw in their two cents. Our men who actually go out and fight are doing a damn good job, leave the units alone.

Once again, all of this is agenda-fueled ranting by people who have never served in an infantry unit. There is a mountain of a difference between units that actually fight (5%) and those who are support (95%). The military doesn't want DADT to go away, but everyone else who would never serve themselves wants to throw in their two cents. Our men who actually go out and fight are doing a damn good job, leave the units alone.

My son is serving.
I have every right to throw in my two cents.
The gays in the military do a "damn good job" too, and need to be "left alone".

yet you yourself don't serve... what job does your son do?

while someone might try to cry on something so bogus and unreality based all this is, is pure :spin::spin::spin:

nothing more because this type of illogical rhetoric could be applied to EVERYTHING in our country that isntt illegal or is legal that goes against <insert religion here> and that is not reality,luckily thats not america

Those people who have never served and throw their 2 cents in do so because they throw their 2 cents in. If the taxes I pay go to support the military, then I am going to have an opinion about how my money is being spent. When the time comes that the government no longer asks me to pay taxes to support the military will be the time that I will keep quiet about the military. But as long as my dime's going into the jukebox, I'm gonna make sure I have a say in what song gets played.

1069- I am greatful for the service of your son and every other person wearing the uniform. I was in the Marines, and was an 0311 (rifleman).

Samsamrt, I am glad that you make enough money to actually pay taxes. The majority of America gets all of their tax money back. You do have a say in which song gets played, but it is up to us to make sure the song can carry a tune. You don't want to be listening to music that doesn't sound right.

Samsamrt, I am glad that you make enough money to actually pay taxes. The majority of America gets all of their tax money back. You do have a say in which song gets played, but it is up to us to make sure the song can carry a tune. You don't want to be listening to music that doesn't sound right.

Exactly how is ending DADT and normalising conditions for gay members of the military going to make the music sound wrong? Every other Western country allows gays in the military without the music sounding differently.

their music doesn't sound anywehere near as good as ours buddy... harsh but true

Maybe you haven't been paying attention but, it was military leaders who requested it was time DADT be changed.

The last thing I was concerned about when I was deployed was where other doods were putting thier junk... All I cared about was if they could put lead down range. :shrug:

That said, all this posturing by the brass, libs, religious doods and what not, have little effect on the boots on the ground type when it comes to this kind of stupidity.

The last thing I was concerned about when I was deployed was where other doods were putting thier junk... All I cared about was if they could put lead down range. :shrug:

That said, all this posturing by the brass, libs, religious doods and what not, have little effect on the boots on the ground type when it comes to this kind of stupidity.

Actually, the longer DADT is continued to go on, the more experienced "boots on the ground" that are removed, leaving their units short handed. The truth of the matter is that it is those libs who you love to hate who want to keep those "boots on the ground". Interesting how you don't mention the right wingers who want to remove those "boots" from the ground.

Actually, the longer DADT is continued to go on, the more experienced "boots on the ground" that are removed, leaving their units short handed. The truth of the matter is that it is those libs who you love to hate who want to keep those "boots on the ground". Interesting how you don't mention the right wingers who want to remove those "boots" from the ground.

I guess in your campaign of nonsense, and mouth foaming, you missed where I addressed the "Right wingers" when I mentioned the "religious doods".... But when your posts are so want for substance, at least you can still bold them. :thumbs:

I guess in your campaign of nonsense, and mouth foaming, you missed where I addressed the "Right wingers" when I mentioned the "religious doods".... But when your posts are so want for substance, at least you can still bold them. :thumbs:

"Religious doods" and "right wingers" are not the same sub set of extremists. :roll:

The main point , that you glossed over, is that the efforts to repeal this uneducated and fear based law is not at all about "posturing". THAT is what your right wing friends are doing. And in the process your pals are removing "boots from the ground". So, your claim that all you are concerned with is keeping "boots on the ground" conflicts with your attack on those "libs" who are actively trying to accomplish what you claim you want, doncha think? If you truly want those "boots" to "stay on the ground" it would seem you should be rooting for those "libs" to succeed. :cool:

The only mouth foaming around here is, as usual, coming from you.
:doh

"Religious doods" and "right wingers" are not the same sub set of extremists. :roll:

The main point , that you glossed over, is that the efforts to repeal this uneducated and fear based law is not at all about "posturing". THAT is what your right wing friends are doing. And in the process your pals are removing "boots from the ground". So, your claim that all you are concerned with is keeping "boots on the ground" conflicts with your attack on those "libs" who are actively trying to accomplish what you claim you want, doncha think? If you truly want those "boots" to "stay on the ground" it would seem you should be rooting for those "libs" to succeed. :cool:

The only mouth foaming around here is, as usual, coming from you.
:doh

If only you could double bold your post, perhaps then you may seem relevant......... :roll:

btw, your guy put this law into place in the first place. /facepalm

edit to add:

Furthermore, Obama believes marriage is between a man and a woman, yet, your mouth foaming seems missing from critisizing him on this. Why?

Last edited:
If only you could double bold your post, perhaps then you may seem relevant.........

btw, your guy put this law into place in the first place. /facepalm

Furthermore, Obama believes marriage is between a man and a woman, yet, your mouth foaming seems missing from critisizing him on this. Why?

Interesting how when your posts are shown to be inconsistent, absent of facts or partisan you always revert to childish personal attacks. Hmmm, I wonder why that is... :cool:

By the by, aside from his personal beliefs, Obama is repealing DADT. That's integrity. That's self-confidence. That's strength. Too bad your boy Bush didn't have some of those qualities, ehh?
:2wave:

Interesting how when your posts are shown to be inconsistent, absent of facts or partisan you always revert to childish personal attacks. Hmmm, I wonder why that is... :cool:

By the by, aside from his personal beliefs, Obama is repealing DADT. That's integrity. That's self-confidence. That's strength. Too bad your boy Bush didn't have some of those qualities, ehh?
:2wave:

So no comments on Obama stating marriage is between a man and a woman?

So he thinks gays are good enough for the military, but not good enough to get married.

Any comment?

:lamo

reverend-what unit/service were you? my view is coming from a Marine infantryman's,so we may view things differently.

ADK- the military doesnt want change. Every single poll taken of the military shows that, and just because we gave up having a real war fighter (Gen. Pace) for a navy figurehead (Adm. Mullen) doesn't mean that his comments are reflected by his men's will. Mullen will say whatever it takes to keep his job, and is also a Navy admiral, the Navy doesn't put boots on the ground like infantry units do (exceptions of course to SEALS and Corpsmen). What to you is exactly "boots on the ground"? The massive majority of people who go to Iraq/Afghanistan will NEVER fire their weapons. Most people suppport the 1-5% (Army-USMC infantry) units that actually are out fighting, the majority has a different job.I believe that gays should be able to serve in the massive majority of the military.

Last edited:
A lot of the misconceptions of what goes on over there is due to ridiculous hollywood sensationalism. Hollywood has produced nothing but 100% fake and sappy movies about the current conflicts, and portray Iraq/Afghanistan as a place where everyone over there is fighting for their lives on a daily basis. Thanks to this, some people come home and exagerate what really happens there.

reverend-what unit/service were you? my view is coming from a Marine infantryman's,so we may view things differently.

I was in the USAF, as a TACP, I was assigned to various Army units as as well as USAF operational units.

I think anyone who can maintain military bearing can serve, what they like to do with thier junk is irrelevant and uninteresting to me. :shrug:

edit to add:

Let me put it this way, If they don't make thier service about thier genetalia, why should I? :shrug:

Last edited:
see and I agree that they should serve in USAF roles... just my humble oppinion.

Back
Top Bottom