• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Endangered Polar Bears

CanadaJohn

Canadian Conservative
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Just to add a little good news and a little break from the arguments, I thought it would be nice to post a beautiful picture of how at least one polar bear is enjoying a bit of climate change. Enjoy!!

dennis-fast-polar-bear.jpg

Poor guy he looks thin and scared. Doubt he will find any seals in that environment.

Looks slightly healthier there but not happy. He's wondering "where are the ****ing seals?"

Edit he's also pondering the edibility of the photogragher

Looks slightly healthier there but not happy. He's wondering "where are the ****ing seals?"

Edit he's also pondering the edibility of the photogragher

How about here, in this one, where he's taking a break from the water, enjoying the day? Perhaps he's already had his "seal meal" for the week, since a polar bear only needs to feed on one seal for about 8 to 10 days worth of food intake. They aren't constantly eating.

Dennis-Fast-Polar-Bear-10.jpg

How about here, in this one, where he's taking a break from the water, enjoying the day? Perhaps he's already had his "seal meal" for the week, since a polar bear only needs to feed on one seal for about 8 to 10 days worth of food intake. They aren't constantly eating.

View attachment 67195194

terribly unhappy there. He's thinking "where is the ****ing ice? I can't out swim these seals! Guess I'm going to have to schlep it down to Churchill and eat garbage for a couple of months. I'll probably be dead by summer."

Depressing.

terribly unhappy there. He's thinking "where is the ****ing ice? I can't out swim these seals! Guess I'm going to have to schlep it down to Churchill and eat garbage for a couple of months. I'll probably be dead by summer."

Depressing.

Polar bears don't swim to capture seals - they capture them when they come up for air in a hole in the winter ice or out run them on land when the seals are basking in the sun, kind of like the polar bear in these pictures is doing.

What's depressing is that you'd rather have this polar bear get no down time just for relaxation and/or adventure.

I am pretty sure that climate change is one of the things that we are not allowed to joke about (society, not DP).

How about this one - does he look happier and healthier here?

View attachment 67195192

I'm guessing he's a little concerned that his lack of camoflage will make it harder to sneak up on those seals. Why do you think those guys are white in the first place?

Edit: Also, I must reiterate once again on these boards that polar bears are ice monsters and I have no concern whatsoever for the well being of ice monsters.

This thread is a blast!

Most entertaining I've seen around here in awhile!

Carry on! :cheers:

Polar bears don't swim to capture seals - they capture them when they come up for air in a hole in the winter ice or out run them on land when the seals are basking in the sun, kind of like the polar bear in these pictures is doing.

What's depressing is that you'd rather have this polar bear get no down time just for relaxation and/or adventure.

Exactly! with no ice flows he's toast. Seals unlike conservatives have exceptional situational awareness. They tend to notice an 800# white bear wandering down a brown beach.....

Those pictures are all fraudulent! They were taken 12 years ago, before the total devastation of the polar bear population. This is that same polar bear just a few short years ago...the very last of his species....

polar-bear-on-ice.jpg

Those pictures are all fraudulent! They were taken 12 years ago, before the total devastation of the polar bear population. This is that same polar bear just a few short years ago...the very last of his species....

View attachment 67195197

Poor guy probably wishes he had been born a brown or black bear. White animals never do well in the wild probably due to poor situational awareness. He never saw global warming coming

Edit Swans do pretty well but that's it

I'm guessing he's a little concerned that his lack of camoflage will make it harder to sneak up on those seals. Why do you think those guys are white in the first place?

Edit: Also, I must reiterate once again on these boards that polar bears are ice monsters and I have no concern whatsoever for the well being of ice monsters.

He gets to enjoy the nice weather like the rest of us - he isn't always eating or on the prowl. It's like the lions in Africa who follow around the safaris checking out the people - they aren't always looking to eat. One meal lasts them for a long time.

I just wanted to provided a lighter side of life in the north - take it for whatever it provides.

I just wanted to provided a lighter side of life in the north - take it for whatever it provides.

Interesting choice given that a lot of experts think you Canucks will take it in the shorts when this thing really hits.

Exactly! with no ice flows he's toast. Seals unlike conservatives have exceptional situational awareness. They tend to notice an 800# white bear wandering down a brown beach.....

You've been wandering around Miami Beach too much - those are Quebecers.

Poor guy probably wishes he had been born a brown or black bear. White animals never do well in the wild probably due to poor situational awareness. He never saw global warming coming

Edit Swans do pretty well but that's it

Yes. He suffered a deep depression.

MR0104.jpg

Sometimes all he could was lay on his back and moan "WHY???"

PolarBearAK_EN-AU1431099187.jpg

Finally...he could bear no more and launched himself one last time into the ocean deep.

polarbear5.jpg

The last thing he saw, before his met his sad finish was Fred, wondering WTF he was doing diving into the ocean deep.

images2.jpg

I love polar bears. They are my favorite animal.

View attachment 67195197

Yes, indeed - that's why the polar bear population has been increasing.

Global population of polar bears has increased by 2,650-5,700 since 2001 | polarbearscience

But I'm not interested in an argument here - there's enough of that to go around elsewhere.

You've been wandering around Miami Beach too much - those are Quebecers.

They aren't allowed there. If they show up they get brutally fat shamed especially by Governor's cut

Back
Top Bottom