• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

End Affirmative Action?

End Affirmative Action?

• No

Votes: 17 34.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 33 66.0%

• Total voters
I don't disagree with you comment. It does take time.

When people start using race and the type of jobs to try and say blacks or other minorities are under represented for that job. I generally ask is that based on local, State or National population data. I also ask how much interest is there for the minority person for that type of job. Example: back in the 70's there were very few female wildland firefighters who worked on the fire line. There was no real interest. Today there is and numbers have gone up.

My other devils advocate statement is take a look at some of the professional sports and the team makeup. Seems "whites" are under represented. :mrgreen:

Don't take my post wrong. Discrimination is wrong. It has occurred in the past and still today in some areas. One should be hired based on what they have to offer the company and not based on skin tone, gender or sexual orientation.

If a University feels that we need more professionals that reflect the diversity of America....should they only take the most qualified white candidates?

When people start using race and the type of jobs to try and say blacks or other minorities are under represented for that job. I generally ask is that based on local, State or National population data. I also ask how much interest is there for the minority person for that type of job. Example: back in the 70's there were very few female wildland firefighters who worked on the fire line. There was no real interest. Today there is and numbers have gone up.

My other devils advocate statement is take a look at some of the professional sports and the team makeup. Seems "whites" are under represented. :mrgreen:

Don't take my post wrong. Discrimination is wrong. It has occurred in the past and still today in some areas. One should be hired based on what they have to offer the company and not based on skin tone, gender or sexual orientation.

let's create an example. there is a job opening and minorities are under-represented among the staff
there are minority and non-minority applicants and all meet the fully qualified criteria to fill the position
should the minority applicant get the job if there is a non-minority applicant whose qualifications exceed the fully qualified level?

I thought it was against the rules here to make hate posts against an entire group. How do you get away with it on a daily basis?

What did I say that is not true?

I don't disagree with anything you said. Once the people who hire see things that way without having to be forced by the government, that is how it will be.

NO!

What I'm saying is what I uploaded in an unedited quote.

YOU distort what the quote says with
"What you are saying . . . . " replies.

Go Play In The Children's Sandbox.
Let the adults have a conservation.
Loose paraphrasing, habitually, IS NOT ADULT!

Moi

You used a nature analogy. I responded with another nature analogy. There is no inequity in nature.

let's create an example. there is a job opening and minorities are under-represented among the staff
there are minority and non-minority applicants and all meet the fully qualified criteria to fill the position
should the minority applicant get the job if there is a non-minority applicant whose qualifications exceed the fully qualified level?

Let's create an example for you. There is a job opening where white males are under-represented among the staff. There are minorities and white males who all meet the qualification standards. Should the white male get hired?

My take if all applicants are equally qualified in terms of skill, work experience and education. It would come down to who is the best fit for the company. Did the person come across as an asshole or a good team player?

What did I say that is not true?

Painting all blacks, as a group, with the same broad brush in order to denigrate them is pure racism. It's destructive and divisive and it negatively impacts every black individual who is out there just trying to live their lives like the rest of us. Attitudes like yours are exactly why Affirmative Action is still necessary.

Painting all blacks, as a group, with the same broad brush in order to denigrate them is pure racism. It's destructive and divisive and it negatively impacts every black individual who is out there just trying to live their lives like the rest of us. Attitudes like yours are exactly why Affirmative Action is still necessary.

I did not say that all blacks are stupid, criminal, and sexually irresponsible. I said that they are more likely to be that way than whites, and I can document my assertions. Affirmative action reinforces negative attitudes toward blacks. If blacks want to be thought of as equals of whites it will be necessary for most of them to behave and perform as well as most whites.

I did not say that all blacks are stupid, criminal, and sexually irresponsible. I said that they are more likely to be that way than whites, and I can document my assertions. Affirmative action reinforces negative attitudes toward blacks. If blacks want to be thought of as equals of whites it will be necessary for most of them to behave and perform as well as most whites.

Who says they don't? Affirmative Action gets their foot in the door, but it is up to them to do the job, or graduate. I've got nothing else to say to you on this.

I have pointed out that Jews and Orientals faced persecution and discrimination. The Jews faced it for two thousand years, culminating in the Holocaust. There used to be quotas in Harvard to keep Jews out. Now they tend to be better educated and more prosperous than white Gentiles. They did it through hard work, perseverance, and industrial strength IQ power.

By every objective, measurable criteria, blacks tend to be significantly less intelligent than whites and Orientals. There is the problem right there. It is why efforts to help them never achieve very much.

Here's what you wrote about Jews in your first comment that I responded to:
Jews and Orientals were out of the old boy network.
That isn't even close to what you now claim you said. And that last sentence gives us your racism in full flower. That lie about intellectual inferiority of blacks has been shot down time after time. Studies comparing IQ within equivalent similar socio-economic groups show no racial differences in IQ. Wealth is a positive factor for IQ while poverty is a negative one.

End Affirmative Action?

Time to end AA and support
quality over "diversity".

AA was good decades ago. Not in the 21st Century
Why not diversify professional basketball.
Not enough short guys. Nor Jews. Nor Asians.

Oh I know!
Diversity good ;)
More "straights" in the entertainment industry.

Moi

No :2canadian​​

No wonder you want to abolish AA. You obviously have not the least ****ing idea how it works.

Who says they don't? Affirmative Action gets their foot in the door, but it is up to them to do the job, or graduate. I've got nothing else to say to you on this.

Since these people are on a steady racist diet of lies about AA, and will never change, it's no wonder they've always been against it.

By every objective, measurable criteria blacks tend to be considerably less intelligent than whites. This becomes particularly obvious when affirmative action policies elevate them to positions where their inferiority is obvious to everyone, even themselves. In addition, blacks have an illegitimacy rate that is over twice the white rate, and a murder rate that is nearly eight times the white rate.

No one should be surprised that these average black characteristics arouse durable feelings of hostility toward blacks. White racism is not responsible for black social pathology. Black social pathology is responsible for white racism. It reinforces white racism generation after generation.

Ten Facts About the Media Depiction of Crime and Justice | Police Studies Online
Umm no. It doesnt. White racists have been inventing narratives since they lost the civil war which is why they had to use minstrel shows to gin up violence against black people. Again your tendency to blame everything that happens to someone on the person it happens to is very transparent. Must be that rather privileged life that the greatest generation gave you that your ilk robbed my generation from.

White people back in the 10s and 20s had to create fictional narratiVes in order to keep racial power In the form of minstrel shows and the completely ahistorical propaganda film birth of a nation. When black people built independent wealth, white people got jealous and this is the result. The only way racist white people could justify their narratives was by painting their faces black. Why do you think that is?
Tulsa race massacre - Wikipedia

Of course starting with the confederacy planters (slave owners) nearly destroyed this country because they wanted to preserve their power. Americans are sick and tired of crusty old racists like you and whether or not you like trump is irrelevant, your kind gave us trump.

Blockbusting - Wikipedia
Real estate companies admitted to creating racial fear to screw over poorer white homeowners.
This is your legacy, nothing but a legacy of race hatred and greed.

Last edited:

Those who get their jobs through affirmative action are frequently fireproof.

Here's what you wrote about Jews in your first comment that I responded to:

That isn't even close to what you now claim you said. And that last sentence gives us your racism in full flower. That lie about intellectual inferiority of blacks has been shot down time after time. Studies comparing IQ within equivalent similar socio-economic groups show no racial differences in IQ. Wealth is a positive factor for IQ while poverty is a negative one.

The following data, compiled by the College Board, demonstrates that black students from affluent families tend to perform less well than whites from poor families on the SAT. This is due to a well understood phenomenon called "reversion to the average." Exceptional characteristics are due to the coming together of rare and recessive genes that rarely match in the children of exceptional parents.

SAT 3.jpg

Ten Facts About the Media Depiction of Crime and Justice | Police Studies Online
Umm no. It doesnt. White racists have been inventing narratives since they lost the civil war which is why they had to use minstrel shows to gin up violence against black people. Again your tendency to blame everything that happens to someone on the person it happens to is very transparent. Must be that rather privileged life that the greatest generation gave you that your ilk robbed my generation from.

White people back in the 10s and 20s had to create fictional narratiVes in order to keep racial power In the form of minstrel shows and the completely ahistorical propaganda film birth of a nation. When black people built independent wealth, white people got jealous and this is the result. The only way racist white people could justify their narratives was by painting their faces black. Why do you think that is?
Tulsa race massacre - Wikipedia

Of course starting with the confederacy planters (slave owners) nearly destroyed this country because they wanted to preserve their power. Americans are sick and tired of crusty old racists like you and whether or not you like trump is irrelevant, your kind gave us trump.

Blockbusting - Wikipedia
Real estate companies admitted to creating racial fear to screw over poorer white homeowners.
This is your legacy, nothing but a legacy of race hatred and greed.

U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, Bureau of Justice Statistics November 2011,

Based on available data from 1980 to 2008—

 Blacks were disproportionately represented as both homicide victims and offenders. The victimization rate for blacks (27.8 per 100,000) was 6 times higher than the rate for whites (4.5 per 100,000). The offending rate for blacks (34.4 per 100,000) was almost 8 times higher than the rate for whites (4.5 per 100,000).
https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf

jesse-jackson-625630.jpg

I mean with the amount of ignorance of basic psychology you are trying to peddle as proof, why should i ever take you seriously smurt cat? Someone who uses stereotypes and societal expectations as “proof” shows me you have never done a significant study that has actually passed peer review. With the staggering amount of evidence of the cognitive biases that mislead us all the time you would know “everyone believes this for a reason” is not an argument that should be taken seriously.

U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, Bureau of Justice Statistics November 2011,

Based on available data from 1980 to 2008—

 Blacks were disproportionately represented as both homicide victims and offenders. The victimization rate for blacks (27.8 per 100,000) was 6 times higher than the rate for whites (4.5 per 100,000). The offending rate for blacks (34.4 per 100,000) was almost 8 times higher than the rate for whites (4.5 per 100,000).
https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf

View attachment 67295409
Which has dropped significantly so something has been done. You lost so you resort to quote mining 8 years 21 point drop. The timeline does not follow your explanation and does nothing to disprove the incidents i alluded to. You have a script, try going off it for once.

Last edited:
The following data, compiled by the College Board, demonstrates that black students from affluent families tend to perform less well than whites from poor families on the SAT. This is due to a well understood phenomenon called "reversion to the average." Exceptional characteristics are due to the coming together of rare and recessive genes that rarely match in the children of exceptional parents.

View attachment 67295407

Source the college board? Whut? Thats pretty damn vague for a copypasta XD. Learn to link boomer.

Last edited:
Which has dropped significantly so something has been done. You lost so you resort to quote mining 8 years 21 point drop. The timeline does not follow your explanation and does nothing to disprove the incidents i alluded to. You have a script, try going off it for once.

With the recent black ghetto riots, and the rise in black crime in general, I am not sure what you say is accurate.

50 People Shot, 15 Fatally, In Baltimore In A Week
50 People Shot, 15 Fatally, In Baltimore In A Week – CBS Baltimore

54 shot, 12 fatally, over Chicago weekend
Chicago Weekend Shootings: 54 shot, 12 killed by gun violence - Chicago Sun-Times

Black Lives Matter Led to Record Number of Mass Shootings
Black Lives Matter Led to Record Number of Mass Shootings | Frontpagemag

You used a nature analogy. I responded with another nature analogy. There is no inequity in nature.

Ask a fat, ugly "chick"

if she agrees!
:mrgreen:

If a police dept in a black community wants to have a police force that reflects the community.....should they be required to hire all the most qualified candidates if they are white?

Shouldn't the goal be to unify the community instead of attaching a flavor of race to it? I'm in a white neighborhood, and the race of my local law enforcement officers is irrelevant to me.

Shouldn't the goal be to unify the community instead of attaching a flavor of race to it? I'm in a white neighborhood, and the race of my local law enforcement officers is irrelevant to me.

Shouldn't the department reflect the community it serves?

If your police department was all black your neighbors would be complaining

No wonder you want to abolish AA. You obviously have not the least ****ing idea how it works.

YOU KNOW NOTHING @digitusmedius ! apologies to GoT & Jon Snow

1968. Got a grant from the Rockefeller Foundation
to offer a once a week program run by University science majors undergrads
at ghetto High Schools. All Were Welcome.
We offered interesting experiences in science and sold the message
if you want to be a science major, it starts in choice of 9th grade classes.
Science major as preparing for medical school, etc.

The Latino kids & parents were most remarkably "thankful".

1970 - '74. Medical School. UCSF
25% Educational Opportunity Admissions
Some (Black) were honestly illiterate and got remedial reading classes
at medical school.
Some (Black) got caught cheating on exams so we all got punished because
after all they don't bust the NOT Black cheaters.

I supported A.A.
And witnessed abuse of the ideal of no lowering of "quality".

Remember all those grants to help young Black kids with academics.
GWTW to Black Organizers selling Black Nationalism.
Who needs reading if you are Black & Proud.
Those programs should hire Asian & Jewish Tiger Moms.
Not Jesse Jackson followers.

Now, tell us your "experiences" @digitusmedius.

ttfn & :peace

Back
Top Bottom