• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Employers cannot leave California fast enough

It says their rate of pay can’t be decreased.
Yes, it’s not clear in the wording, but I sincerely doubt California would actually pass a law that would require people to make less per week than before.

Yes, it’s not clear in the wording, but I sincerely doubt California would actually pass a law that would require people to make less per week than before.
They’re not passing this.

You do mow that your posts could have been seen when the forty hour week was enacted.

It was gonna be the end of America, no one would be able to make a profit., etc etc etc.

Pretty much the same screed as we see in this thread.

Didn’t happen though. In fact those labor changes led to the most prosperous middle class the world has ever seen.
I haven't the slightest idea what you're trying to say here.

It says their rate of pay can’t be decreased.
They’re right. But it’s the same squealing we heard back when the 40 hour week was codified. That was supposed to be the end of profits, the arrival of communism, and so on.

'........Specific companies have also started to test the shortened workweek, including Microsoft (MSFT), which reported seeing a 40% increase in productivity.'

'According to data from the International Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), U.S employees work more hours every year compared to other industrial nations. On average, an American worker puts in nearly 1,800 hours a year.'

Worth to see how well it might work in the US.

T
I haven't the slightest idea what you're trying to say here.
That this is the same “end of all things as we know it” stuff we saw from business back in the twenties when the 40 hour week was introduced.

But that didn’t happen. The opposite, in fact.

T

That this is the same “end of all things as we know it” stuff we saw from business back in the twenties when the 40 hour week was introduced.

But that didn’t happen. The opposite, in fact.
Sorry, I didn’t recognize your hyperbole for what it was.

I'm fine with making 32 or 36 hours full time. The 4 10 hour day thing wouldn't work for me, though. If my job did that, I would be in another job as quickly as possible. I already don't have enough hours outside of work during the wotk week, and cutting sleep even more would suck hard.

I'm fine with making 32 or 36 hours full time. The 4 10 hour day thing wouldn't work for me, though. If my job did that, I would be in another job as quickly as possible. I already don't have enough hours outside of work during the wotk week, and cutting sleep even more would suck hard.
Are you fine when next visiting your favorite local restaurant if they serve you only two-thirds of the meal and charge you the same price as before?

Seattle has been experiencing the same problems...piece of shit prog leftists who know nothing about starting and running businesses dictating to businesses how they should operate.

No, the ones micromanaging employer/employee relations.

So you prefer a return to the robber barron.

Well, that worked out well for a few, just not the masses.

All I know is that here in Ohio, our legislature has a laser focus on the issues that matter and are driving thru a bill before the midterms that will finally put a halt to teachers indoctrinating our kids with the gay agenda, turning them gay and making them hate their whitness via CRT. Thank god.

On an even brighter note, it appears our republican governor has lured Intel to build the largest chip Manufactuing facility in the world just east of Columbus. But I'm certain those dastardly, America hating democrats will try to torpedo that.

They'd be better off letting employers and employees manage themselves.
Employers can only really do the 5 40 right now. If California eases up on the overtime rules they can get the 4 40's or what have you. I prefer a 7 on 7 off or 14 on 14 off schedule myself. But 4 day work weeks are not bad either.

Employers can only really do the 5 40 right now. If California eases up on the overtime rules they can get the 4 40's or what have you. I prefer a 7 on 7 off or 14 on 14 off schedule myself. But 4 day work weeks are not bad either.
That's all fine, but let the market sort that out.

Back
Top Bottom