• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Elon Musk buys 9.2% stake in Twitter, making him the largest shareholder

This was always true. Twitter lost a lot of conservative users when they began censoring conservative views and blocking new stories that weren't good for liberals. Blocking the Hunter Biden laptop story had nothing to do with advertisers. It was 100% about censoring a story that hurt Democrats.
show your work

While Trump was President he was tweeting all day and night sharing his thoughts on everything going on in government and politics directly. He also made himself available for interviews and public questioning, but typically from friendly journalists. The purpose of the White House Press Secretary is to share the President's thoughts on issues. Trump did that more than any other President, likely in history (for better or worse). However, the function of the WH press pool is to ask questions that they think the public wants to hear, including difficult subjects that the administration may be wary of discussing without a prying journalist. That was something Trump denied the American public for a very long time.
This was not a good thing.

So you think Elon Musk spends $3B without thinking his decision through? This is your argument now? Give me a break. :ROFLMAO:

Nobody with more than a couple of firing neurons believes that Musk spent $3B in a capital expense rather than $3B in a lobbying expense because he's not intelligent enough to know what his goals are, but you have the magical ability to read his mind.
I think he bought the shares to increase his influence in the company and to turn a profit. I don't see why you think this is somehow mutually exclusive with his self-professed "free speech absolutism."

Actually he had real press conferences daily, unlike Biden; who hides in his basement. Biden embarrasses the country daily without having to go on Twitter to do it. His policies are complete failures.
The Trump administration went an entire year without doing a press briefing what weak ass gaslighting garbage is this lol

Oh, boy!

Can he get The Donald back on Twitter?
I mean, it's only 9.2% of the shares, that doesn't give him control, it just gives him influence.

And you're assuming he'd want to do that.

I'm a little confused.
Were those quotes intended to be examples of the "left" being odd about the first amendment? If so, how? Con law was nearly 30 years ago for me and Twitter didn't exist then so I'm a little lost.
How can you be confused about those two statements contradicting each other?

Elaborate on what you think is the hypocrisy here.
It doesn’t need elaboration. That you used the word “hypocrisy” where I didn’t is you acknowledging you’ve seen the hypocrisy in those two statements.

We’ll done, but were I you I’d stay away from high stakes poker tables.

So many Trumpsters here wetting their pants with excitement at the idea that their favorite Traitor-in-Chief might be given tweeting privileges again.

Absolutely pathetic and hilarious! 🤣

He certainly did tweet constantly!

I disagree about friendly journalists. Trump fielded questions from everyone! It was especially impressive listening to the number and variety of questions he very often took prior to boarding the helicopter. He'd take them rapid fire, one after another for a good long time. MANY of them were from unfriendly reporters and Trump did not shy away from or avoid those questions. He deserves enormous credit for his press availability. He was NOT afraid of tackling the press. He was both available to the press and VERY willing to address questions.
In every public venue that Trump spoke, tweeted, etc., all he ever did was idiotically and unabashedly lie about anything and everything under the Sun, childishly attack anyone or any group he felt aggrieved by, and constantly proclaim his insane belief of his own greatness.

That does not deserve any praise.

It doesn’t need elaboration. That you used the word “hypocrisy” where I didn’t is you acknowledging you’ve seen the hypocrisy in those two statements.

We’ll done, but were I you I’d stay away from high stakes poker tables.
So, your interpretation of me asking you to identify hypocrisy is that you think I'm admitting there is hypocrisy.

LOL.

You're folding, my friend. You can't spell it out because you know it's weak.

So, your interpretation of me asking you to identify hypocrisy is that you think I'm admitting there is hypocrisy.

LOL.

You're folding, my friend. You can't spell it out because you know it's weak.
Yes, exactly. You went straight there without me mentioning the word.

Very funny.

Yes, exactly. You went straight there without me mentioning the word.

Very funny.
Ok, so I'm glad you agree with me: there is no hypocrisy. Neither of us can identify any hypocrisy.

Ok, so I'm glad you agree with me: there is no hypocrisy. Neither of us can identify any hypocrisy.
Yes, yes, of course, that's why you brought up the word hypocrisy first .... because you didn't see one.

Awsome.

Yes, yes, of course, that's why you brought up the word hypocrisy first .... because you didn't see one.

Awsome.
Yes, I misinterpreted what you wrote. I'm sorry about that. I thought you were implying that there was hypocrisy, but I see I was wrong. You were not implying hypocrisy. My bad. You and I agree: there is no hypocrisy. Glad we're on the same page now.

Fun fact: "Free speech absolutist" Elon Musk fired an employee for what that employee posted on a personal YouTube channel.

Actually, the Freedom of speech in this issue applies to Facebook, in it not being told what speech it has to print.
Freedom of speech only applies to the government censoring speech. FB can do whatever it wants because it is a private corporation.

Freedom of speech only applies to the government censoring speech. FB can do whatever it wants because it is a private corporation.

Exactly.

And despite some of the claims in this thread, in this instance the 1st applies to protecting FB from those that want to tell it what it must print. Those trying to force FB to carry their content against FB policies, have no enforcement mechanism. And the 1st specifically forbids their enlisting the government to do their bidding.

Reactions: PoS
So I see you're enamored by another con man.

There's a surprise.
You'll be sorry, I already called Elon and told him to delete your account. :p

I thought this was about Twitter.

Oh hell yes!!!!!!! :ROFLMAO:💪

This makes me hopeful about finally being able to rejoin Twitter. Hopefully he is really as free speech as he seems to be and forces twitter to roll back all the harm theyve done. If so then this is a great example of a free market solution to a corporate problem.

Back
Top Bottom