• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Elizabeth Warren: proving progressive ideals are for the weak minded.

Renae

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
"We believe that Wall Street needs stronger rules and tougher enforcement, and we're willing to fight for it."- "We believe in science, and that means that we have a responsibility to protect this Earth."
- "We believe that the Internet shouldn't be rigged to benefit big corporations, and that means real net neutrality."
- "We believe that no one should work full-time and still live in poverty, and that means raising the minimum wage."
- "We believe that fast-food workers deserve a livable wage, and that means that when they take to the picket line, we are proud to fight alongside them."
- "We believe that students are entitled to get an education without being crushed by debt."
- "We believe that after a lifetime of work, people are entitled to retire with dignity, and that means protecting Social Security, Medicare, and pensions."
- "We believe—I can't believe I have to say this in 2014—we believe in equal pay for equal work."
- "We believe that equal means equal, and that's true in marriage, it's true in the workplace, it's true in all of America."
- "We believe that immigration has made this country strong and vibrant, and that means reform."
- "And we believe that corporations are not people, that women have a right to their bodies. We will overturn Hobby Lobby and we will fight for it. We will fight for it!"
And the main tenet of conservatives' philosophy, according to Warren? "I got mine. The rest of you are on your own."
Elizabeth Warren's 11 Commandments of Progressivism - NationalJournal.com

How does anyone fall for her absolute clap trap bull****? "I got min, the rest of you are on your own." REALLY? Let's turn it around: "What you worked for, belongs to who I say it belongs too" - Progressive Philosophy.

Seriously, the more I hear of this idiot, the more I shudder in horror at the fools that cheer her on. The world really IS upside down.

Seriously, the more I hear of this idiot, the more I shudder in horror at the fools that cheer her on.

Then you had better brace yourself because there's a very good chance that she will be the next President. She will appeal to everybody with a grudge, regardless if those grudges are reasonable, and she will do it in such a way that is unchallengeable if her opponent is a man.

Then you had better brace yourself because there's a very good chance that she will be the next President. She will appeal to everybody with a grudge, regardless if those grudges are reasonable, and she will do it in such a way that is unchallengeable if her opponent is a man.
The sad part is you may be right, but one can hope sanity after 8 years of progressive fail Americans wouldn't be so ****ing stupid as to double down again on fail.

The sad part is you may be right, but one can hope sanity after 8 years of progressive fail Americans wouldn't be so ****ing stupid as to double down again on fail.

I have no such faith in the electorate. This isn't our culture anymore. Our culture is gone and it's not coming back. The only thing left is for the people of my generation to die, and then there will be none left who have experienced true freedom and liberty. We may win a few battles here and there, but we're not going to win the war.

"What you worked for, belongs to who I say it belongs too" - Progressive Philosophy.

That isn't our philosophy at all. It is not to take what people have earned from them. It is, in fact, to prevent that from happening. Almost all of us earn a lot more than we actually get. Our efforts are not the paltry toiling that our capitalist market ideas cause them to be. The act of building and maintaining this great society means that a person deserves full participation in it. It is not built by a few extraordinary people. It is built by the labor of everyone. And giving the vast majority of the rewards that everyone earns to a small group of powerful people, which is what we're doing, is insane and stupid. We need to stop letting them take it from us. It is progressivism that is, in contrast to the majority of the last ten thousand years of human history, trying to get everyone the rewards that they actually earn.

"We believe that Wall Street needs stronger rules and tougher enforcement, and we're willing to fight for it."- "We believe in science, and that means that we have a responsibility to protect this Earth."
- "We believe that the Internet shouldn't be rigged to benefit big corporations, and that means real net neutrality."
- "We believe that no one should work full-time and still live in poverty, and that means raising the minimum wage."
- "We believe that fast-food workers deserve a livable wage, and that means that when they take to the picket line, we are proud to fight alongside them."
- "We believe that students are entitled to get an education without being crushed by debt."
- "We believe that after a lifetime of work, people are entitled to retire with dignity, and that means protecting Social Security, Medicare, and pensions."
- "We believe—I can't believe I have to say this in 2014—we believe in equal pay for equal work."
- "We believe that equal means equal, and that's true in marriage, it's true in the workplace, it's true in all of America."
- "We believe that immigration has made this country strong and vibrant, and that means reform."
- "And we believe that corporations are not people, that women have a right to their bodies. We will overturn Hobby Lobby and we will fight for it. We will fight for it!"
And the main tenet of conservatives' philosophy, according to Warren? "I got mine. The rest of you are on your own."

How does anyone fall for her absolute clap trap bull****? "I got min, the rest of you are on your own." REALLY? Let's turn it around: "What you worked for, belongs to who I say it belongs too" - Progressive Philosophy.

Seriously, the more I hear of this idiot, the more I shudder in horror at the fools that cheer her on. The world really IS upside down.

While I do agree that some of these things are not as I would like to see them I believe her and I would have a very different approach on how to correct them. I believe she would wish to control these things with further government intervention while I feel government intervention is what has enabled them to happen.

That isn't our philosophy at all. It is not to take what people have earned from them. It is, in fact, to prevent that from happening. Almost all of us earn a lot more than we actually get. Our efforts are not the paltry toiling that our capitalist market ideas cause them to be. The act of building and maintaining this great society means that a person deserves full participation in it. It is not built by a few extraordinary people. It is built by the labor of everyone. And giving the vast majority of the rewards that everyone earns to a small group of powerful people, which is what we're doing, is insane and stupid. We need to stop letting them take it from us. It is progressivism that is, in contrast to the majority of the last ten thousand years of human history, trying to get everyone the rewards that they actually earn.

Every paycheck I have ever earned, government has taken some of it in taxes. The same is true of everyone else I know who has ever had a job. It has always been Republicans/Conservatives who were for policies that would result in less being taken out of my paycheck in taxes, and it has always been Democrats/liberals/“progressives” who have advocated policies that would result in more being taken out of my paycheck in taxes.

I call solid digestive waste from a male bovine on your claim that “progressives” are, have ever been, or will ever be, in favor of allowing honest workers to keep more of their rightful earnings. Your side has consistently supported policies that are very obviously intended to have the opposite effect.

Every paycheck I have ever earned, government has taken some of it in taxes. The same is true of everyone else I know who has ever had a job. It has always been Republicans/Conservatives who were for policies that would result in less being taken out of my paycheck in taxes, and it has always been Democrats/liberals/“progressives” who have advocated policies that would result in more being taken out of my paycheck in taxes.

I call solid digestive waste from a male bovine on your claim that “progressives” are, have ever been, or will ever be, in favor of allowing honest workers to keep more of their rightful earnings. Your side has consistently supported policies that are very obviously intended to have the opposite effect.

He isn't talking about that. He's saying that people should be paid more and that the government must force that to happen since he explains pretty clearly that he has disdain for the capitalist market place.

Dinesh D'Souza presents Elizabeth Warren's position fairly and addresses it point-by-point in his new film - America.

He isn't talking about that. He's saying that people should be paid more and that the government must force that to happen since he explains pretty clearly that he has disdain for the capitalist market place.

And how is government going to force anyone to be paid more, without some combination of forcing others to be paid less, or to pay higher prices for goods and services; and without causing the opportunities to have a job at all to become more scarce?

Not quite. The government shouldn't be helping the rich elite class pay people so poorly and should represent the interests of the majority of people who aren't obscenely wealthy, rather than those who are. You only use the word "force" to discredit the position, but the reality is that it's much more complicated than that. The small owner class in this country forces the government to help them continue their stranglehold on our economy. Regulation as "forcing" is paltry by comparison.

The issue is not about who will raise or lower taxes. It is about who will double or triple your paycheck. It is about who will make education and healthcare affordable to you and everyone else. It is about who will make sure that wages keep up with inflation. Your taxes will go up a little bit. But the benefits you will reap in exchange will be substantial.

But you're spot on that people need to be paid more, a lot more, and reap many more of the rewards that their labor creates, and that government should work towards that end, which is a much truer expression of what people earn and deserve than the top-down capitalist market nonsense that we use now, rather than continue to help the rich get richer all the time. The notion that government should be a non-entity in the equation is impossible. Some form of centralized power is always part of it. The notion that without that centralized power we would find some kind of just equilibrium is also nonsense. Without a centralized power to represent the interests of the people over those of the elite class is how we got feudalism and the dark ages. Government as a non-entity would make things worse. Government working for the interests of the majority of the people instead of just the interests of those wealthy enough to buy our government's allegiance is a lot better. That's what will help us, not an ineffectual government who can't stop the abuses that working people suffer in this country. Government is a tool, not an enemy. It is in the hands of your enemies, and mine. But if we brought it back into our hands, the hands of working class Americans, it would be a tool for us, not for them.

Feel good claptrap. All of it.

And that lie she tried to use for political gain a few years ago that she has 'indian blood' should be used against her accordingly in her next bid to run for high political office. It is too good to pass up.

Dinesh D'Souza presents Elizabeth Warren's position fairly

No, he doesn't. Dinesh D'Souza is a shamelessly dishonest hack and anyone who takes him seriously is hopelessly deluded.

No, he doesn't. Dinesh D'Souza is a shamelessly dishonest hack and anyone who takes him seriously is hopelessly deluded.

Another brilliant, "yes he did," "no he didn't" argument from Leftghanistan.

Here's a longer version of recent debate, where D'Souza crushes a whole room full of "saintly" liberals at Amherst:

Another brilliant, "yes he did," "no he didn't" argument from Leftghanistan.

Here's a longer version of recent debate, where D'Souza crushes a whole room full of "saintly" liberals at Amherst:

Yeah, he's a real genius.

And how is government going to force anyone to be paid more, without some combination of forcing others to be paid less, or to pay higher prices for goods and services; and without causing the opportunities to have a job at all to become more scarce?

Don't get me wrong. I'm in no way saying that it even begins to make sense, or that it's something that we should even treat as a reasonable or sane proposition. I was just telling you what he meant, because it's not the first time I've heard it from him or a few others on here that share his view.

Not quite. The government shouldn't be helping the rich elite class pay people so poorly and should represent the interests of the majority of people who aren't obscenely wealthy, rather than those who are. You only use the word "force" to discredit the position, but the reality is that it's much more complicated than that. The small owner class in this country forces the government to help them continue their stranglehold on our economy. Regulation as "forcing" is paltry by comparison.

The issue is not about who will raise or lower taxes. It is about who will double or triple your paycheck. It is about who will make education and healthcare affordable to you and everyone else. It is about who will make sure that wages keep up with inflation. Your taxes will go up a little bit. But the benefits you will reap in exchange will be substantial.

But you're spot on that people need to be paid more, a lot more, and reap many more of the rewards that their labor creates, and that government should work towards that end, which is a much truer expression of what people earn and deserve than the top-down capitalist market nonsense that we use now, rather than continue to help the rich get richer all the time. The notion that government should be a non-entity in the equation is impossible. Some form of centralized power is always part of it. The notion that without that centralized power we would find some kind of just equilibrium is also nonsense. Without a centralized power to represent the interests of the people over those of the elite class is how we got feudalism and the dark ages. Government as a non-entity would make things worse. Government working for the interests of the majority of the people instead of just the interests of those wealthy enough to buy our government's allegiance is a lot better. That's what will help us, not an ineffectual government who can't stop the abuses that working people suffer in this country. Government is a tool, not an enemy. It is in the hands of your enemies, and mine. But if we brought it back into our hands, the hands of working class Americans, it would be a tool for us, not for them.

You could have reduced that all to three words - "you are correct." Because what you are saying above, and have said to me and others numerous times, comes down to exactly what I said, which includes government "force."

I saw her in a few videos. Interview, speeches. I was anything but positively impressed.

Warrens comments prove why people that have never owned or run a small businesses and arent currently running a successful business should be forced to go sit in a corner someplace and not be allowed to participate in our nations electoral or economic functions.

It is so completely beyond stupid for people like Warren to propose imposing these 'livable wages' on businesses. Those moronic ideas would bankrupt most small businesses, would at the very least force small businesses to fire large numbers of people. It would force businesses to hire more undocumented and illegal workers just to stay alive. And if the government were to intentionally inflate marketplace and salaries, that extra income would be completely irrelevant as every other cost would increase as well. Very small businesses that are viable today would be either forced to shut down or be taken over by larger businesses that could sustain the added debt burdens idiots like Warren would seek to impose.

I would challenge Warren and anyone stupid enough to think like her to stop banging their populist drums and start RIGHT NOW building business across this country and putting their moronic ideas into practice.

I saw her in a few videos. Interview, speeches. I was anything but positively impressed.
All it takes is a teleprompter, some speech writers, and a few minutes of one liners full of populist tripe and you can become president. Twice.

It is so completely beyond stupid for people like Warren to propose imposing these 'livable wages' on businesses. Those moronic ideas would bankrupt most small businesses, would at the very least force small businesses to fire large numbers of people.

I've run a small business, so I call bull****.

I was able to pay a very good wage to my workers without going under. If someone is too ****ing incompetent to do that, that's on them.

You know what harmed my business? The greedy assholes who could undercut my bids by paying their people **** wages while still getting more in profits than I did.

There are valid arguments against raising the minimum wage, but protecting small businesses is not really one of them. Generally speaking, smaller businesses already pay BETTER than mega corporations do because the boss actually knows his/her employees. It's a lot harder to **** people over when you know their kids.

I've run a small business, so I call bull****.

I was able to pay a very good wage to my workers without going under. If someone is too ****ing incompetent to do that, that's on them.

You know what harmed my business? The greedy assholes who could undercut my bids by paying their people **** wages while still getting more in profits than I did.

There are valid arguments against raising the minimum wage, but protecting small businesses is not really one of them. Generally speaking, smaller businesses already pay BETTER than mega corporations do because the boss actually knows his/her employees. It's a lot harder to **** people over when you know their kids.

The downward trend in creation of small businesses has been documented. It's not conclusive at all, but the trend is alarming. I'm happy to wait for Brookings to further their study because I have no burning need to confirm what I think I know or to have my suppositions proved wrong. Here it is, as provided by a new member in another thread here. My apologies for not referencing that thread. I'm just that lazy.

U.S. businesses are being destroyed faster than they’re being created - The Washington Post

I was able to pay a very good wage

You know what harmed my business? ...who could undercut my bids by paying their people **** wages

Talk about defeating your own argument? Of course the competition undercut you. That's the whole point of competition - to provide the best product or service at the lowest cost.

The goal of business is not to "pay wages." The goal of the system is not to "pay wages." No wonder your business failed. Sounds like you accomplished your personal goal of paying people money, though? Everyone on this forum is people, why not pay them? Since product or service isn't important to you, why not just write all the forum readers a check? That's your idea of business, after all?

Back
Top Bottom