• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Election Discussion - US State Governors

Let's observe the Dem failure in Florida. Race-baiting and being a crooked mayor just doesn't get the job done apparently.

Race-baiting was all republican. Now that he won... let's see if he "monkey's it up."

Karl Rove noted that the liberal bastions votes have already come in while the more conservative areas are still to fully report. he noted that Walker has been battled tested and his campaign machine is really well oiled.

Interesting. Thanks!

I am enjoying all this if you can't tell already!
All the kings men and all the kings horses couldnt put humpty dumpty's blue wall back together again.

Evers vs Walker pretty much dead even. Walker has Brown county to rely on and Milwaukee just announced they are about to submit 45,000 absentee ballots they are counting.

The radical nutcase in Georgia apparently losing to Kemp in Ga/ Several commentators noting Kemp ran a nasty campaign but when Abrams started saying she was going to confiscate guns, that killed her chances in Ga.

Poor Oprah. She worked so hard to convince the people of GA. that she was an Independent just trying to do the right thing.

;)

Poor Oprah. She worked so hard to convince the people of GA. that she was an Independent just trying to do the right thing.

;)

Abrams was one of the most objectionable POS's IMHO running/ So glad she lost.

Do you see have any objections to Brian Kemps voter suppression efforts?

Do you see have any objections to Brian Kemps voter suppression efforts?

I honestly only heard about Abrams calling for gun confiscations yesterday. I heard Kemp ran a really nasty campaign that some claimed had racist tinges. other than that-no

Looks like the fine people of GA. share the same sentiments!

I honestly only heard about Abrams calling for gun confiscations yesterday. I heard Kemp ran a really nasty campaign that some claimed had racist tinges. other than that-no

He stripped hundreds of thousands off of the voter polls leading up to the election, some of which were guilty of nothing worse than being lax in voting. I'll never vote for another Republican so long as that son of a bitch is Governor.

Last edited:
Your article is an hour old.

With 96% now reporting, she's behind by a considerable amount.
https://www.google.com/search?q=abr...7j69i60j0l4.6729j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

We'll see what happens when the provisional ballots get counted. Kemp has fought tooth and nail to count his own votes this election for a reason, and that reason is the million and a half voters he purged from the polls in the last few years without sending them any kind of notification. https://www.brennancenter.org/blog/voting-problems-2018

I'm one of at least 53,000 new voter applications that are still frozen by Kemp, and a lot of us are going to be counted in provisional ballots.

Looks like Scott Walker is about to get his walking papers.

Looks like Scott Walker is about to get his walking papers.

Oh man, that would almost make up for DeSantis winning Florida. Almost.

I am so relieved. It was a serious bummer when Walker pulled ahead of Evers ... was still ahead when 97% or so had reported. And then finally Evers took a sufficiently commanding lead.

Oh, please don't let anything get messed up in absentee vote counting or a recount. I so very much need Walker to be gone.

(And the Democratic attorney general candidate also leapt ahead by 20,000 votes when Evers bounded ahead by 30,000. This could make a BIG difference in Wisconsin even though the GOP kept the state legislature.)

Oh man, that would almost make up for DeSantis winning Florida. Almost.

Evers declared winner over Walker for Wisconsin Governor.

Buh bye Scottie boy. That's 6 governor seats dems have picked up and repubs have lost.

I am so relieved. It was a serious bummer when Walker pulled ahead of Evers ... was still ahead when 97% or so had reported. And then finally Evers took a sufficiently commanding lead.

Oh, please don't let anything get messed up in absentee vote counting or a recount. I so very much need Walker to be gone.

(And the Democratic attorney general candidate also leapt ahead by 20,000 votes when Evers bounded ahead by 30,000. This could make a BIG difference in Wisconsin even though the GOP kept the state legislature.)

It is declared. Evers won. Walker lost.

Nevada governorship looks like it will flip from R to D as well making it at least 7 governorships that flipped to Dems tonight.

Karl Rove noted that the liberal bastions votes have already come in while the more conservative areas are still to fully report. he noted that Walker has been battled tested and his campaign machine is really well oiled.

Karl may have been really well-oiled when he made that prognostication.
Walker loses.
Hopefully, Rove handles his miscalculation better than he did here....

Nevada governorship looks like it will flip from R to D as well making it at least 7 governorships that flipped to Dems tonight.

Interesting that the narrative being pushed in GOP circles right now is that the Republicans are flipping all these Governorships, yet it's the Dems who have flipped 7. I guess it must be more of those alternative facts again.

Desantis won over Gillium, Cruz won over Beto ( Yea ! ) , Rick Scott won over Nelson ( that's HUGE ) Kemp won over Abrams

There are now seven more Democratic governors that will be around to preside over district changes after the 2020 census.

Back
Top Bottom