• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Editorial: What critical race theory is — and isn't — and why it belongs in schools

Lol, like identity politics and race hasn’t been the bread and butter of US politics since the founding. I guess it’s changed because blacks are no longer only demonized and used to scare whites it’s an issue?

No, it changed shortly after Obama took office when the democrats decided to label anyone who objected to his policies, or questioned his actions as a "racist" in order to silence their opposition. It didn't take long before the left was labeling anyone who voiced any disagreement to the progressive agenda as being a racist and it's resulted in this polarized political mess we are all living with today.

No, it changed shortly after Obama took office when the democrats decided to label anyone who objected to his policies, or questioned his actions as a "racist" in order to silence their opposition. It didn't take long before the left was labeling anyone who voiced any disagreement to the progressive agenda as being a racist and it's resulted in this polarized political mess we are all living with today.

Seems like it started with the propaganda that Trayvon Martin was killed because he was black and the founding of BLM. Amplified 10 fold by the media

9c9c2bbd09e025a564eea667f44f991f9bb5a83f-2054x1174.png

Seems like it started with the propaganda that Trayvon Martin was killed because he was black and the founding of BLM. Amplified 10 fold by the media

9c9c2bbd09e025a564eea667f44f991f9bb5a83f-2054x1174.png

It's difficult to nail it down, but I will say that the Trayvon Martin incident definitely ramped things up.

I remember it starting with democrats and liberal pundits appearing on MSNBC and CNN saying that the people who were voicing opposition (to what would later become Obamacare) at both town halls and Tea party gatherings, were actually just racists who couldn't stand that a black man was president. At the time there were only a handful saying this publicly, but more and more of them picked up the ball and ran with it and by the time campaign season started for the 2012 election, playing the race card to silence opposing views became the left's #1 political strategy.

So you wouldn't call the politics over slavery and segregation race based? How about anti-asian based politics on the West Coast during the railroads? Black migration from the south and whites fleeing to the suburbs post Civil War had a lot of race based politics involved. I know it's not a different race, but American politics is so racist that there were plenty of policies passed and actions taken against Italians/Irish/Poles etc.

Im just wondering what history book you are reading where race based politics hasn't been one of the most consistent issues in US political history.

So you wouldn't call the politics over slavery and segregation race based? How about anti-asian based politics on the West Coast during the railroads? Black migration from the south and whites fleeing to the suburbs post Civil War had a lot of race based politics involved. I know it's not a different race, but American politics is so racist that there were plenty of policies passed and actions taken against Italians/Irish/Poles etc.

Im just wondering what history book you are reading where race based politics hasn't been one of the most consistent issues in US political history.

Look, prior to 2009 the democrats and their leftist supporters rarely had the opportunity to play the race card and falsely label those who objected to their policies as racists. That all changed with the election of America's first black president and by the time his 8 years in office was done, the left was so entrenched in race-based identity politics there was no going back. In fact, since Obama left office it's only gotten progressively worse and the democrats support for BLM and ANTIFA looting and burning down cities for more than a year proves it.

Democrats and their leftist supporters have pushed their race-card/identity politics strategy to such an extreme that it's literally ripping our society apart and they couldn't care less.

Look, prior to 2009 the democrats and their leftist supporters rarely had the opportunity to play the race card and falsely label those who objected to their policies as racists. That all changed with the election of America's first black president and by the time his 8 years in office was done, the left was so entrenched in race-based identity politics there was no going back. In fact, since Obama left office it's only gotten progressively worse and the democrats support for BLM and ANTIFA looting and burning down cities for more than a year proves it.

Democrats and their leftist supporters have pushed their race-card/identity politics strategy to such an extreme that it's literally ripping our society apart and they couldn't care less.

There are plenty of times the Democrats could of rightly claimed the policies of the right were racist. Transcripts of Lee Atwater could illuminate you as to Republican strategy when it comes to race for the past 4 or 5 decades.

Your initial post claimed that race based politics appeared in 2008 which is just...completely wrong. Race based politics isn't a bug, it's a feature of US politics.

OMG... That was ACTUAL racism and bigotry, not a manufactured political strategy to silence opponents by falsely accusing their opposition as being "racist".

Apples and oranges... In the past racist politicians pushed racist policy proposals... There are no racist politicians in DC pushing a racist agenda today.... The entire race-card strategy democrats embrace today is nothing but a lie.

What you and the self described Capitalist Pig are asking for is the equivalent of listing Trump's lies. I've listed them ad nauseum, I'm not interested to spend any more time on it again. I've given you the link that lists these easy to understand roadblocks, if you find one you disagree with I'll debate it. Unless you believe the huge gulf between whites and blacks in all facets of life are due to black "culture", because they're “unintelligent,” “lazy”, “violent", etc...

So...I was right, you can't name the roadbocks? Just make sure....

Back
Top Bottom