• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

edited reason missing from my posts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
A few times today, I went to edit something simple from my posts and the reason for editing was missing. I usually like to go back to posts to see when the last time I updated it was as I usually do not leave a specific reason but the last edited time-stamp is a cool feature. Does this not show up for anybody else?

A few times today, I went to edit something simple from my posts and the reason for editing was missing. I usually like to go back to posts to see when the last time I updated it was as I usually do not leave a specific reason but the last edited time-stamp is a cool feature. Does this not show up for anybody else?

I dunno, let me check.

Edit: let's see what happens.

Last edited:

If I edit a post within the first couple minutes after I post it, I can edit it and the reason line doesn't show up, unless I add a reason in the box before saving the edit. If you don't put a reason in the box, it may not show that it's been edited. After the first minute or so goes by, then the line shows up even if you don't put a reason in the box.

If I edit a post within the first couple minutes after I post it, I can edit it and the reason line doesn't show up, unless I add a reason in the box before saving the edit. If you don't put a reason in the box, it may not show that it's been edited. After the first minute or so goes by, then the line shows up even if you don't put a reason in the box.

That's weird it used to show up right away or upon a page refresh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the post is edited in the first couple of minutes, a reason will bot show up. If edited after that timeframe, it will show up. I'm not sure what the actual timeframe is and it's not easy to look up on my phone, but it's a software setting and it has changed as long as I've been here.

I believe you have 30 seconds to edit a post without the post reflecting that it has been edited, and I've actually found that's useful sometimes and I think it's always been that way. After the initial 30 seconds, I believe you have 25 minutes to edit a post and that will reflect its been edited along with the reason if you add one.

I believe you have 30 seconds to edit a post without the post reflecting that it has been edited, and I've actually found that's useful sometimes and I think it's always been that way. After the initial 30 seconds, I believe you have 25 minutes to edit a post and that will reflect its been edited along with the reason if you add one.

Ah that makes sense. I guess I was editing too quickly for the time stamp to appear. Its weird that I never noticed it before... I guess I was always editing after the minute was up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom