• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Economy added 431,000 jobs in March despite worries over slowing economy

Your post here is dead wrong simply put. To suggest the US had more people working pre pandemic vs what it is today is utter nonsense...and you knowi it. Or at least you should kpw it.

Trump's economic policies before 2020 were nothing to write home about. Look it up chief.
Then call or write BLS and tell them they are wrong

Employment Level - LNS12000000

You are right though about Trump economic policies in 2020 so tell me how people benefit from economic policies when laid off and not allowed to work because of the pandemic

That is clearly not true. Many of them left the labor force altogether.
Ok, how do you know that? A company closes down, lays off the employees, reopens and where do those employees come from? Are those laid off employees unemployed and counted as such?
What difference does it make? What practical difference to the economy are you claiming there is between a company reopening and hiring people and a new company opening and hiring people?
Makes all the difference in the world as those workers are taxpayers
We don’t have more taxpayers than we did at that point, but we do have more taxpayers than in between. So which point do you want to measure from and why?
We had a returning job market when Biden took office, 17 million returned from April 2020 to January 2021 and that is what Biden inherited so what did he do? throw gasoline on the economy creating 7% inflation
By your logic, there have been no new manufacturing jobs since 1979. Just people returning to their old jobs. Do you see the absurdity of that?
Again answer the question, how many manufacturing jobs were lost in 2020 due to the shutdown and how many reopened later in the year or early 2021? You are nothing more than a typical liberal trying to put lipstick on a pig

Your post here is dead wrong simply put. To suggest the US had more people working pre pandemic vs what it is today is utter nonsense...and you knowi it. Or at least you should kpw it.

Trump's economic policies before 2020 were nothing to write home about. Look it up chief.
Employment levels in November and December 2019 were indeed higher than March 2022, seasonally adjusted. Now those were the ONLY 2 months pre-pandemic that were higher than current, so while technically correct, his claim is misleading

Can you explain why Biden has a 37% approval rating on the economy and 40% job approval rating as of March 2022? I guess inflation doesn't affect liberals living at home or on the gov't dole.
Well that's easy. Because generally. people are happier when in the economy is in recession. Particularly old retired people like you.

Employment levels in November and December 2019 were indeed higher than March 2022, seasonally adjusted. Now those were the ONLY 2 months pre-pandemic that were higher than current, so while technically correct, his claim is misleading
Yes, March 15 is when the pandemic was declared, why did you look at March instead of February?

Well that's easy. Because generally. people are happier when in the economy is in recession. Particularly old retired people like you.
Retired people like me created the economy that people like you are destroying with your liberal economic policies

No ..its great news.
Right, the entitlement whores of today benefit from liberal economics, you tell me how Biden policies make America better?

Because the topic requires explanation as context is in every topic, you cannot talk about job growth without injecting context and comparison to history. As has been point out millions Americans joined the work force these past two years and still we are below February 2020 and instead of job growth too many are calling it job creation, there is no proof that is the case as a returning job isn't job creation. Until we reach the high that we had in 2020 there is only job growth no proof of NEW job creation
Since you cannot quantify this, it's a meaningless statement. As for the rest of your statement, you're actually not bringing any context but just steering topics into the topics you want to rant about. For someone who claims to post "verifiable data", you present none for this one other than some grade school math that has no sound methodology to arrive at the conclusion you claim.

What I expect to happen when the labor participation rate reaches and surpasses pre-pandemic numbers, I'm sure you'll be touting some excuse as to why those numbers don't matter or aren't valid. Given that we're not that far from that, and are already seeing some industries surpassing pre-pandemic employment levels.

I know you don't think this is political but the left makes everything political as the defense mechanism kicks in or some reason so without mentioning Trump what is it about Biden that creates this kind of loyalty other than the fact that he is a D?
:ROFLMAO:

Since you cannot quantify this, it's a meaningless statement. As for the rest of your statement, you're actually not bringing any context but just steering topics into the topics you want to rant about. For someone who claims to post "verifiable data", you present none for this one other than some grade school math that has no sound methodology to arrive at the conclusion you claim.

:ROFLMAO:
I can quantify total employment which doesn't seem to resonate with you. Are there more or less employed today than January/February 2020 pre pandemic and what is the working population growth during those last two years?

Right, the entitlement whores of today benefit from liberal economics, you tell me how Biden policies make America better?

If you are not smart enough to understand lower deficits and the advantage of infrastructure to private industry..well that's on you.

Retired people like me created the economy that people like you are destroying with your liberal economic policies
Naw..retired people like you want a bad economy so prices for your Depends and Boost are lower and the people you hire to do your yard are cheaper and easier to find.

I can quantify total employment which doesn't seem to resonate with you.
Except that wasn't what I was talking about. Your deflection from the "returning jobs" nonsense is noted. As I stated before, I'm sure you'll be whinging about something else when employment surpasses pre-pandemic levels.
🤭

Are there more or less employed today than January/February 2020 pre pandemic and what is the working population growth during those last two years?
You would be best served making an actual point instead of asking questions because as you said:

Give me a fricken break, I am not your research assistant

Why did you amputate a shred of a thought and present it as if it was a whole thought?
For the same reason you refused to address the post you chose to quote?

If you are not smart enough to understand lower deficits and the advantage of infrastructure to private industry..well that's on you.
As usual you have no idea what taxes you pay their purpose and who is responsible for infrastructure, how liberal of you! Biden's deficit was 2.8 trillion in 2021 and 7% inflation, Trump with the pandemic and no vaccine 3.1 trillion and 2% inflation, liberalism to you is all rhetoric and results you ignore

Except that wasn't what I was talking about. Your deflection from the "returning jobs" nonsense is noted. As I stated before, I'm sure you'll be whinging about something else when employment surpasses pre-pandemic levels.
🤭

You would be best served making an actual point instead of asking questions because as you said:
Right, I could focus on total jobs but still that doesn't resonate with you as word smithing is what is important to you. Are there more people employed today than February 2020 pre pandemic?

Naw..retired people like you want a bad economy so prices for your Depends and Boost are lower and the people you hire to do your yard are cheaper and easier to find.
Retirees like me want low inflation and people like you not to screw it up which is way too much to ask. Tell us exactly what in the liberal economics is conservative?

What's a matter. post 135 too difficult for you to understand and the liberal in you prevents you from admitting being wrong? Got it, DNA of a liberal refuses to acknowledge being wrong even when proven wrong

Biden economics thread that you want no part of

You’ve been retired for what, 8 years, maybe 10? So Obama’s economy helped you in the decision to retire and not continue to work.

Trumps economy lost millions of jobs. I’d be embarrassed to claim to have voted for someone who lost jobs and had an abysmal GDP for 4 years

We are still short of the level of jobs that were filled in December 2019.

Hopefully, we'll get back there soon.

There are also about 5 or 6 million more Americans to be employed than there were in 2019.

The foolish and poorly conceived, politically motivated and hurtful shutdowns are what caused the employment issues.

It's nice that we are emerging from those self inflicted problems. Now all we need to do is recover from the damages the "help" caused.
So you literally did not read the post you’re responding too. Or couldn’t understand it. Or doing so would cause you to doubt yourself.

Whatever, something makes y’all apparently unable to even read anything that doesn’t conform to your fantasy reality.

You’ve been retired for what, 8 years, maybe 10? So Obama’s economy helped you in the decision to retire and not continue to work.

Trumps economy lost millions of jobs. I’d be embarrassed to claim to have voted for someone who lost jobs and had an abysmal GDP for 4 years
No President ever decided when I would retire. 35 years was enough for me and I wanted to spend time with my family, thankfully I had 5 good years before my wife came down with Cancer dying 4 years later

Trump's economy didn't lose one job, the pandemic caused businesses to shutdown with the support of the Bipartisan Congress causing layoffs. 17 million of those laid off came back to work from April 2020 to January 2021. Cannot believe the intellectual dishonesty coming from the left ignoring that Trump policies could not benefit anyone who didn't have a job and that the shutdown was created to stop the spread of the virus generating the pandemic stimulus, payroll protection program. Partisan liberalism in everyone of your posts all defying the pandemic results ignoring that we got a vaccine thanks to Project Warp Speed, a vaccine "your" President had the entire year of 2021 to combat a virus he said he would stop, another Biden failure.

So you literally did not read the post you’re responding too. Or couldn’t understand it. Or doing so would cause you to doubt yourself.

Whatever, something makes y’all apparently unable to even read anything that doesn’t conform to your fantasy reality.
Fantasy reality? Are there more Americans employed today than pre pandemic, February 2020?

That is clearly not true. Many of them left the labor force altogether.

What difference does it make? What practical difference to the economy are you claiming there is between a company reopening and hiring people and a new company opening and hiring people?

We don’t have more taxpayers than we did at that point, but we do have more taxpayers than in between. So which point do you want to measure from and why?

By your logic, there have been no new manufacturing jobs since 1979. Just people returning to their old jobs. Do you see the absurdity of that?
There’s lots of folks paying taxes now that we’re employed but now are contract workers, gig workers or new business owners. The only set of “new course” people no longer paying taxes are the former two earner households. And only half of them.

Back
Top Bottom