• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dying to Come to America

Other then the Christian Right being all in on torturing kids, what more do you need to know about how evil they are?

Twitter Mocks Falwell Jr.’s Bizarre Outrage Over Compassion for Kids at Border Facilities: ‘Did Jesus Ever Meet a Payroll?’

Jerry Falwell is not the "Christin Right." This illogical argument is parallel to the illogical argument of referencing a Marxist in the Democratic Party as evidence the Democratic Party "being all in on" Marxism.

Bravo for resorting to fallacious and illogical reasoning.

Trump? Please show where in my post the word "Trump" appeared.

You are right you did not mention Trump, I made an assumption.

So as to the other question, any ideas on what should be changed? Or what you would like to see as a policy change?

Jerry Falwell is not the "Christin Right." This illogical argument is parallel to the illogical argument of referencing a Marxist in the Democratic Party as evidence the Democratic Party "being all in on" Marxism.

Bravo for resorting to fallacious and illogical reasoning.

He's a big ****ing part of it.

Truth is one does not have to lift a finger to be pro-fetus. They only need to raise their loud voice. We know.

But, to help an actual child, now, that takes work. Work in which most pro-fetus people refuse to participate.

Work in which most pro-fetus people refuse to participate

Yeah? Where is the data to support this claim? Let's start with providing data. No, I will probably be waiting in perpetuity. Provide the data when you can.

Moving past your lack of data to support your claim, what about being "pro life" requires "pro lifers" to act in a particular way in regards to the tragedy under discussion at the border and more generally in regards to the current immigration laws/policy of the U.S. as they operate at the border?

If you are not too busy, I know it can be burdensome to substantiate one's claims and expound upon their arguments, tell me how the U.S. immigration laws and policy "CAUSED" this man to take his toddler and make a long, precarious trip to the U.S.-Mexico border, and then engage in the hazardous conduct of swimming across the river with his toddler and then make the risky decision to leave her on one side of the river alone.

He's a big ****ing part of it.

I do not know how much of the "Christian Right" Jerry Falwell Jr. constitutes. I am not even convinced your assertion can be logically quantified. Nor am I convinced you can even logically substantiate your claim. Heck, I could make the counterclaim of Jerry Falwell constituting as .0000001 percent of the "Christian Right" and such a statement carries as much weight as your claim above.

Regardless, what I can logically and rationally say is Falwell Jr. is not the "Christian Right" and your retort above does not ameliorate or rescue Calamity's argument from the illogical hell his argument presently calls home.

Yeah? Where is the data to support this claim? Let's start with providing data. No, I will probably be waiting in perpetuity. Provide the data when you can.

Moving past your lack of data to support your claim, what about being "pro life" requires "pro lifers" to act in a particular way in regards to the tragedy under discussion at the border and more generally in regards to the current immigration laws/policy of the U.S. as they operate at the border?

If you are not too busy, I know it can be burdensome to substantiate one's claims and expound upon their arguments, tell me how the U.S. immigration laws and policy "CAUSED" this man to take his toddler and make a long, precarious trip to the U.S.-Mexico border, and then engage in the hazardous conduct of swimming across the river with his toddler and then make the risky decision to leave her on one side of the river alone.

I see you've learned the definition of 'straw man'.

The empirical data I have seen so far Leeds me to conclude I am correct here.
I'm sorry that your gut reaction to this was lack of empathy for the victims here. You should think long and hard about that.

If the "empirical data" are the posts in this thread, then you are most mistaken when making the conclusion you have about the "Christian Right." I have a background in science, statistics, deductive and inductive reasoning with data and stats, Popper Falsification, etcetera, and in order for the posts in this thread to logically allow the conclusion you have drawn about the "Christian Right" to be made, requires a demonstration the posts in this thread constitute as a rational "representation" of the group, and that has not been done.

So, no, logically and rationally speaking, there presently does not exist any supporting evidence that you are "correct here."

Same applies to your "news sources."

Last edited:

Tell me then what pro-fetus activists do to help actual children. In this thread they mock the death of one. You have a high hurdle to jump overcoming that.

Crickets are loud this time of year.

Hmm...looks like we have crisis at the border. Its good that liberals finally realize that.

You can always tell the political bent of the news source depending on how they refer to illegals. Illegals have morphed from "undocumented" to "migrants" to "asylum seekers". Its another example of doublespeak from the left.

Tell me then what pro-fetus activists do to help actual children. In this thread they mock the death of one. You have a high hurdle to jump overcoming that.

Crickets are loud this time of year.

Indeed, and the noise from the "crickets" rings loudest in one's own ear when that noise is from thine own hand, specifically your repeated failure to substantiate your claims in post after post. It is ironic you insist I substantiate what "pro fetus activists have do to help actual children" when I have never asserted one way or the other on such a point, when you very apparently cannot substantiate your own claims!

Of course, what they do for children is irrelevant and unlike you, I choose not to make irrelevant claims, which explains why I have not and will not claim what they have or have not done for "actual children."

Your arguments, no wait, you have not made an argument, your claims are at this moment vacuous. Your diatribes are entertaining but nothing else.

Hmm...looks like we have crisis at the border. Its good that liberals finally realize that.

You can always tell the political bent of the news source depending on how they refer to illegals. Illegals have morphed from "undocumented" to "migrants" to "asylum seekers". Its another example of doublespeak from the left.

Those that come to ask for asylum should be Calle what?

Indeed, and the noise from the "crickets" rings loudest in one's own ear when that noise is from thine own hand, specifically your repeated failure to substantiate your claims in post after post. It is ironic you insist I substantiate what "pro fetus activists have do to help actual children" when I have never asserted one way or the other on such a point, when you very apparently cannot substantiate your own claims!

Of course, what they do for children is irrelevant and unlike you, I choose not to make irrelevant claims, which explains why I have not and will not claim what they have or have not done for "actual children."

Your arguments, no wait, you have not made an argument, your claims are at this moment vacuous. Your diatribes are entertaining but nothing else.

Facts back up my assertion. Just look at the immoral president the Evangelical Christians support by over 80% for proof of that.

BTW, whining about how bad your religion is being perceived while children are dying is not a good look. And, pointing to fetuses while a toddler lies face down in a dirty river looks even worse.

Be interesting to see the reactions if they were say of Scandinavian descent.

Good point there, officials would bend over backwards to get them into our country quickly and make any changes necessary to ensure success regardless of the numbers, where there's a will there's a way. Some people have a great fear of America changing and whites becoming the minority, America has been changing for many years, having different people, races, cultures is what makes us great. It would be best if everyone accepted the fact that these are just people (like us) who are trying to escape violent and deplorable conditions in their country, conditions that none of us can really imagine unless we lived there and saw first-hand what they go through every day of their lives.

It's a shame to know that so many who come here for safety and a better life die in the process. Seeing that little girl and her father was very sad, but deaths like that should be made known to the public and not hidden from our news. May they both rest in peace. I recently was listening to a radio show about immigrants who die out in the desert trying to start a new life here, only to end up dying and being devoured by vultures and other animals. I don't have the answers, but our immigration system is broken and some changes need to be made to accommodate all individuals seeking asylum in our great country. Maybe more staff, judges, resources, etc. are necessary, if so, just do it already! Americans are not stupid, not that it can't be done, but seems to me that it just won't be done.

That's exactly why I'm here. To debate their ideas and talk about issues that need to be addressed by them.

And yet you have no interest in putting forth an idea when asked? okay

Here is my thought on the subject, The Democrats are the current obstacle in working towards fixing what is becoming a huge issue at the border. I think they need to work with the Republicans and Trump to hash out a deal that will put more trained staff to work at the border dealing with the poor housing and living conditions that exist, more lawyers and judges to expedite the cases that need to move through, and more medical staff to deal with the malnutrition and dehydration that has been a problem with most of the Refugees.

What are your thoughts?

Facts back up my assertion. Just look at the immoral president the Evangelical Christians support by over 80% for proof of that.

BTW, whining about how bad your religion is being perceived while children are dying is not a good look. And, pointing to fetuses while a toddler lies face down in a dirty river looks even worse.

Just look at the immoral president the Evangelical Christians support by over 80% for proof of that.

This fact provides no information of how "Evangelical Christians" view the immigration laws/policy of the U.S., the immigration scenario at the border, or this recent tragedy of the father and daughter. And, what study are you citing and referring to in support of your "80%" claim?

Facts back up my assertion

If only typing it made it so. You have cited to no facts supporting much of what you have said in this thread. No, wait, my bad, mea culpa, the word "much" implies you have said something having factual support and I cannot find anything you have said in this thread to have factual support. Strike that factually inaccurate comment I made, as it lacks factual support by your posts. You have cited to no facts supporting anything you have said in this thread (Yes, I am employing an element of sarcasm, hyperbole, here).

The presumed data point of "80%" comment, that informs no one of anything about the beliefs regarding the recent tragedy at the border, immigration law/policy, and/or the immigration scenario at the border, is but one more example of non-existent facts to "back up" your "assertion."

There was a saying in law school. When you have the law, and no facts, argue the law. When you have the facts, but not the law, argue the facts. When you lack both, scream like hell. Your posts are nothing more than diatribes of you screaming like hell.

And yet you have no interest in putting forth an idea when asked? okay

Here is my thought on the subject, The Democrats are the current obstacle in working towards fixing what is becoming a huge issue at the border. I think they need to work with the Republicans and Trump to hash out a deal that will put more trained staff to work at the border dealing with the poor housing and living conditions that exist, more lawyers and judges to expedite the cases that need to move through, and more medical staff to deal with the malnutrition and dehydration that has been a problem with most of the Refugees.

What are your thoughts?

You didn't put forth an idea. You made a partisan comment blaming this on the Democrats. "They need to work with the Republicans" isn't a solution.

The Democrats have funding bills on the table.

And your "solution" didn't address the issue of people still wanting, after 4 centuries, to migrate to the United States. And people like Trump saying we don't have room for them - after he found room for his wife and her parents.

Tell Trump to hire more judges. He's in charge of the DOJ - not the Democrats. Tell Trump to expedite cases - he's in charge of the DOJ, not the Democrats.

Be interesting to see the reactions if they were say of Scandinavian descent.

Yes, and not brown people from ****hole countries on this side of the Earth. Those Norway blondes that Trump is so fond of.

Be interesting to see the reactions if they were neighbors of his wife in Slovenia, or employees of her parents before they benefitted from chain migration.

This fact provides no information of how "Evangelical Christians" view the immigration laws/policy of the U.S., the immigration scenario at the border, or this recent tragedy of the father and daughter. And, what study are you citing and referring to in support of your "80%" claim?

If only typing it made it so. You have cited to no facts supporting much of what you have said in this thread. No, wait, my bad, mea culpa, the word "much" implies you have said something having factual support and I cannot find anything you have said in this thread to have factual support. Strike that factually inaccurate comment I made, as it lacks factual support by your posts. You have cited to no facts supporting anything you have said in this thread (Yes, I am employing an element of sarcasm, hyperbole, here).

The presumed data point of "80%" comment, that informs no one of anything about the beliefs regarding the recent tragedy at the border, immigration law/policy, and/or the immigration scenario at the border, is but one more example of non-existent facts to "back up" your "assertion."

There was a saying in law school. When you have the law, and no facts, argue the law. When you have the facts, but not the law, argue the facts. When you lack both, scream like hell. Your posts are nothing more than diatribes of you screaming like hell.

Doubling down on whining about the perception of your religion while mocking dead children. Not a good look.

Doubling down on whining about the perception of your religion while mocking dead children. Not a good look.

Another vacuous post, "not a good look" for you. It must be blissful to live in an alternate reality, where your misperception constitutes as reality. The "not a good look" is the very conspicuous lack of any attempt by you to verify whether your perception is reality.

I am not sweating your myopic perception of any religion, Christianity or otherwise.

Neither have I addressed any "whining." What I have done, however, is to have addressed your lack of intelligible posts in this thread, and your seemingly cognitive dissonance between the non-existent facts supporting your remarks to me with your belief you have actually cited to facts or have them.

So, yeah, I am "whining," but it is about your posts, specifically the lack of evidence, a lack of facts.

You didn't put forth an idea. You made a partisan comment blaming this on the Democrats. "They need to work with the Republicans" isn't a solution.

The Democrats have funding bills on the table.

And your "solution" didn't address the issue of people still wanting, after 4 centuries, to migrate to the United States. And people like Trump saying we don't have room for them - after he found room for his wife and her parents.

Tell Trump to hire more judges. He's in charge of the DOJ - not the Democrats. Tell Trump to expedite cases - he's in charge of the DOJ, not the Democrats.

Wow interesting that you thought that was a partisan comment. Did not the Democrats shoot down the request for money at the border with out any try at comprise? If instead of just trying to fight against Trump and the Republicans they instead said something like, "you can have 5 billion for the border but 3 billion has to be used to deal with the refugee crises." Or since they control votes currently in the house they could be putting bills forth to work on helping with the problem. Everyone wants to just blame Trump for what is going on here but the Democrats are just as guilty of what is going on.

You would think someone would care that so many are willing to die to get here. But, alas.

We now make it so hard for refugees to get in, they drown trying.

History will not look back kindly at this moment.

You're right: all those countries they hale from are going to look like ****ing assholes. Mexico, too.

Back
Top Bottom