• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dying to Come to America

You would think someone would care that so many are willing to die to get here. But, alas.

We now make it so hard for refugees to get in, they drown trying.

History will not look back kindly at this moment.

Did you have a good idea on how the policies should change to help with this problem?

Or did you just want to attack the right and Trump?

Did you have a good idea on how the policies should change to help with this problem?

I missed Trump's name in his post. Where is it? Where did he mention "the right" too?

Here's what i know. I'm the mother of 3 children. I thank my lucky stars every day that I have never, at any point in my life or in their lives, been in a position of fear, or been in a position of panic, and needed to take my children to a safe location, for any reason. I have a wonderful husband. I have a very large family network. I have a great job and a good amount of savings. I've been blessed to never have to experience what these people experience. I didn't even have to live with what my immigrant ancestors did when they left everything and everybody they had in their home lands because they needed to come to the USA, for the opportunities and the freedoms and the food and so on.

I can't imagine how terrible that man's last few seconds were knowing that not only would he die, but his child would die with him.

I hope they're both in a better place today.

You would think someone would care that so many are willing to die to get here. But, alas.

We now make it so hard for refugees to get in, they drown trying.

History will not look back kindly at this moment.

The U.S. policy caused this man to take his very young daughter, a toddler, and make a rather perilous journey to the U.S.-Mexican border, and then engage in the hazardous conduct of swimming across a river with his toddler? Tell me more.

The U.S. policy caused this man to take his very young daughter, a toddler, and make a rather perilous journey to the U.S.-Mexican border, and then engage in the hazardous conduct of swimming across a river with his toddler? Tell me more.

You got most of it. What more do you need? Ah, you want to tell me that battening down the hatches when over half our country is fat and happy while the other half is obese and obscenely wealthy (from a global perspective) is somehow justified now. Yeah....give me that good old Christian argument for that.

This should be good.

Yes, because these are the "pro life" folks here.

Opposing the decision of Roe v. Wade, on the basis of being "pro life" is not inconsistent with advocating for an immigration policy providing for an orderly entry into the country, including a limitation on who may apply for asylum. Adhering to a "pro life" position in the U.S. to protect unborn fetuses, does not logically demand any particular or specific immigration policy in the U.S.

The immigration policies of the U.S. were not the cause of this tragedy.

Trump? Please show where in my post the word "Trump" appeared.

Opposing the decision of Roe v. Wade, on the basis of being "pro life" is not inconsistent with advocating for an immigration policy providing for an orderly entry into the country, including a limitation on who may apply for asylum. Adhering to a "pro life" position in the U.S. to protect unborn fetuses, does not logically demand any particular or specific immigration policy in the U.S.

It sure has highlighted a lack of compassion and humanity amongst those who claim to be pro-life though.

You got most of it. What more do you need? Ah, you want to tell me that battening down the hatches when over half our country is fat and happy while the other half is obese and obscenely wealthy (from a global perspective) is somehow justified now. Yeah....give me that good old Christian argument for that.

This should be good.

Really? The U.S. policy was the "cause" for this man to take his very young daughter, a toddler, and make a rather perilous journey to the U.S.-Mexican border, and then engage in the hazardous conduct of swimming across a river with his toddler?

How did the U.S. policy "cause" this man to behave in this manner?

Yeah....give me that good old Christian argument for that.

I could not care less about your obsession of what is or is not a "Christian argument."

It sure has highlighted a lack of compassion and humanity amongst those who claim to be pro-life though.

Has it? Do we have a scientific poll, scientific data, of the number of "pro life" people expressing a point of view about this tragedy at the border that can best be characterized as lacking "compassion and humanity"?

Being pro fetus is lip service to being pro-life in that one has to do nothing but scream at women who seek abortions. Now, caring for immigrants fleeing violence in their home country, that takes real work. So, I totally understand why the pro-fetus crowd abdicates taking any part in that responsibility.

When these things happen, I see lots of " my heart aches' posts by my liberal friends on facebook. Followed by the obligatory TDS rants. How hoorible thing are the border ...inhumane...As if this kind of stuff hasn't been going on forever.

But I never see anything in the way of SOLUTIONS. Except maybe the usual..more funding {groan}

Really? The U.S. policy was the "cause" for this man to take his very young daughter, a toddler, and make a rather perilous journey to the U.S.-Mexican border, and then engage in the hazardous conduct of swimming across a river with his toddler?

How did the U.S. policy "cause" this man to behave in this manner?

I could not care less about your obsession of what is or is not a "Christian argument."

Salvadoran Civil War - Wikipedia

Has it? Do we have a scientific poll, scientific data, of the number of "pro life" people expressing a point of view about this tragedy at the border that can best be characterized as lacking "compassion and humanity"?

Just read replies on this forum and other news sites you'll notice a strong correlation between the Christian Right and lack of compassion.

Being pro fetus is lip service to being pro-life in that one has to do nothing but scream at women who seek abortions. Now, caring for immigrants fleeing violence in their home country, that takes real work. So, I totally understand why the pro-fetus crowd abdicates taking any part in that responsibility.

Being pro fetus is lip service to being pro-life

I could not care less about your diatribe regarding what you think is a lack of sincerity on behalf of people. It is speculative. It is irrelevant.

I could not care less about your diatribe regarding what you think is a lack of sincerity on behalf of people. It is speculative. It is irrelevant.

Facing the truth is the hardest part. I know.

Just read replies on this forum and other news sites you'll notice a strong correlation between the Christian Right and lack of compassion.

"Replies on this forum" are hardly scientific, and lack the necessary requirements to make a rational and logical judgment about the "Christian Right." Same is true for those "news sites" you reference.

Facing the truth is the hardest part. I know.

If one treats your speculative diatribes as "truth," perhaps, but I am not one to just believe your speculative screaming in a crowded room constitutes as "truth" just because you make the most noise and are astute at throwing conversational grenades. Which is to say, the "hardest part" is actually supporting your bull crap with facts, and until you do provide facts, you are not necessarily providing truth, you are just peddling bull crap.

"Replies on this forum" are hardly scientific, and lack the necessary requirements to make a rational and logical judgment about the "Christian Right." Same is true for those "news sites" you reference.

The empirical data I have seen so far Leeds me to conclude I am correct here.
I'm sorry that your gut reaction to this was lack of empathy for the victims here. You should think long and hard about that.

If one treats your speculative diatribes as "truth," perhaps, but I am not one to just believe your speculative screaming in a crowded room constitutes as "truth" just because you make the most noise and are astute at throwing conversational grenades. Which is to say, the "hardest part" is actually supporting your bull crap with facts, and until you do provide facts, you are not necessarily providing truth, you are just peddling bull crap.

Truth is one does not have to lift a finger to be pro-fetus. They only need to raise their loud voice. We know.

But, to help an actual child, now, that takes work. Work in which most pro-fetus people refuse to participate.

I missed Trump's name in his post. Where is it? Where did he mention "the right" too?

You are right he did not mention the right or Trump.

Have any good ideas on policies should be changed to help?

Back
Top Bottom