• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dow plunges more than 650 points as President Trump blames Fed

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/dow...ts-lower-treasury-secretary/story?id=59997548

The Dow Jones Industrial Average continued plummeting Monday -- in a history-making session -- after U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin shocked investors worldwide over the weekend by tweeting that he had spoken unprompted to the CEOs of the six largest U.S. banks to ensure they were liquid. It was the worst Christmas Eve trading session in U.S. history, experts said.

The Dow ended the day a dramatic 653 points lower at 21,792 in an abbreviated trading session ahead of the Christmas holiday. That's a decrease of 2.9 percent, adding to last week's fall of 6.8 percent.
===============================
All Trump wants for Christmas is the chance to fire the Fed chair.

MSM finally give the stock market some air time. lol

LOL, the Powell story is a fake news campaign from the Dem Propaganda ministry.

You do realize that every time so Magat said that the story of someone leaving was fake, it did eventually come true right??

LOL, the "Trump Bump" after the election contributed more to 2016's results than the previous ten months. Oh, and what was the annual gain in 2017?
2017 was 25% of which nearly 12% (so far) shrunk in 2018.

You should just let them in. Why a back log?

Maybe they are extremely vetting americans to keep out the rapists, murderers, and terrorists. After all, americans are a very violent people.

And because we do not have UHC, the Canadians should be concerned about us carrying diseases into their country

Last edited:
Sorry, but I can't even relate let alone sympathize.

We remember the cheering and **** when he was elected.

You should be nervous.

American's seeking asylum in Canada has risen 2500 percent since Trump was elected. For the first time since the Vietnam war there is a back log of American applicants seeking to immigrate...
...and THAT make me nervous. You all have guns

Those are insane figures on American immigration, but I also can't say it is surprising. I personally, have decided that I do not want to live the rest of my life in America, and it is partly because of what Trump exposed in America and the dysfunction of the political system. Trump will eventually be gone, but there are seriously, deep issues facing America, and the system is getting eroded and corrupted.

Just look at what is happening now... the markets are plunging, global markets are dropping, but these corporate goons and political donors have already make serious money on the Trump Admin and the Trump tax cuts. Our deficit is soaring, so we are not going to be able to handle another deep recession easily.... but the wealthy corporations, they will probably get another tax payer funded bailout, so no problem for them.

If America stays the course, we are going to end up like Greece or even like modern Russia, or something uniquely American and horrible. We already caused one global recession in 2008. The Tea Party was a failure.

And with out healthcare costs rising and getting out of control, I see no point in planning my retirement in America. I would be better off financially elsewhere.

And yet you quote no one - pure BS opinions and meaningless off-topic ramblings. :lamo

It's funny that you have never stopped to pause and think, maybe your policies make you, as a immigrant, less desirable than a broke Mexican farmer... :2razz:

It's funny that you have never stopped to pause and think, maybe your policies make you, as a immigrant, less desirable than a broke Mexican farmer... :2razz:
Given the quality of this post I'd say your thoughtful pauses are pretty rare as well. Not sure what your "immigrant" comment even means.

Global markets are down and global economies are slowing, and a large part of it is due to the trade wars. But hang in there, as the Trump supporters say, you need to make sacrifices now so you can eventually start winning the trade war.

Trump be damned if he drag the entire global economy down in flames. China will pay.

What will happen first do you think? The world will go up in flames because of Trump? The world will go up in flames because of global warming? The world will go up in flames due to collective heat from liberal hair fires?

What will happen first do you think? The world will go up in flames because of Trump? The world will go up in flames because of global warming? The world will go up in flames due to collective heat from liberal hair fires?

Hopefully first , trump will be removed...and then you will cry and stamp your feet

Seems clear the Democrats winning the House of Representatives did not inspire confidence in the future, but rather the opposite.

Another thing us nevertrumpers got right. I am sick of the winning but not for the sake of our country.

You guys havent gotten anything right, including this. This is probably going to make your head hurt, but presidents are insignificant factors in market swings. There are probably a half dozen reasons for the market move that dont include the word Trump. But because Trump is all you ever see, Trump is all you ever see.

Hopefully first , trump will be removed...and then you will cry and stamp your feet

Thats not going to happen and it certainly wouldnt make me behave like a liberal if it did.

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/dow...ts-lower-treasury-secretary/story?id=59997548

The Dow Jones Industrial Average continued plummeting Monday -- in a history-making session -- after U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin shocked investors worldwide over the weekend by tweeting that he had spoken unprompted to the CEOs of the six largest U.S. banks to ensure they were liquid. It was the worst Christmas Eve trading session in U.S. history, experts said.

The Dow ended the day a dramatic 653 points lower at 21,792 in an abbreviated trading session ahead of the Christmas holiday. That's a decrease of 2.9 percent, adding to last week's fall of 6.8 percent.
===============================
All Trump wants for Christmas is the chance to fire the Fed chair.

When you pound your chest when the stocks are up explaining you are the cause you must accept responsibility when they fall. But Trump accepts responsibility for everything that is positive and blames others for everything that's negative this is not leadership.

Sorry, but I can't even relate let alone sympathize.

We remember the cheering and **** when he was elected.

You should be nervous.

American's seeking asylum in Canada has risen 2500 percent since Trump was elected. For the first time since the Vietnam war there is a back log of American applicants seeking to immigrate...
...and THAT make me nervous. You all have guns

most of them are terrified of Canada's first world health care delivery system, so you have nothing to worry about. i'm a pretty good shot, but i only shoot at paper targets. i'm not planning to move any time soon, but i haven't ruled it out in the long term, unfortunately.

You guys havent gotten anything right, including this. This is probably going to make your head hurt, but presidents are insignificant factors in market swings. There are probably a half dozen reasons for the market move that dont include the word Trump. But because Trump is all you ever see, Trump is all you ever see.

So let me get this straight.... you don't think President Trump's jawboning of the Fed - calling into question it's independence - has had any adverse effect on the markets?

Seems clear the Democrats winning the House of Representatives did not inspire confidence in the future, but rather the opposite.

The S&P has lost 500 points and the DOW 5000 points since the dems took over the House. So it looks like its the lefts fault.

Oh, no, stocks started started diving last October and in November in fact they took a huge Spike.

But Trump's incompetence has continued and thus the market is plunging even further

That tired excuse might play with trump's base of angry uneducated white men...The rest of America...Not so much

These lunkhead investors are too damn easily spooked. It's like some asshat in a creature get-up scaring Scooby Doo.
One good "Growl!" or "Booooo!" and these morons lose their **** and the market tanks.

They need to just liquor themselves up over the holidays, come back, quit acting like pajama boys and stop tanking the stock market.

And you're adrift in orgasmic delight, screw all the people this affects just as long as you have something to toss at Trump. Pitiful.

Yeah I remember when you guys had a conniption when Hillary lost her footing climbing into a van and you were ready to send her to the old folks home.

Give me a break

And you're adrift in orgasmic delight, screw all the people this affects just as long as you have something to toss at Trump. Pitiful.

Bill Maher is probably jerking himself over it. He's the one who said he hopes the economy crashes just so it makes Trump look bad.

The S&P has lost 500 points and the DOW 5000 points since the dems took over the House. So it looks like its the lefts fault.

That's funny the Dems won't take over the house until January 3rd

Back
Top Bottom