• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Donald Trump

Rjohnson

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Many people have bad things to say about Donald Trump but I have something good to say. Trump says if he wins, he can get prayer brought back in schools. Children should pray in schools. If they're taught to pray, they might grow up to be Christians and if they carry God in their hearts, it will make them better citizens and better leaders.

So many of today's people are non-religious. They believe that God is fictional and they and many other people don't take their children to churches or go to churches themselves. If children aren't taught anything about God, they will grow up to believe that he is fictional as well. I'm worried that religion will eventually become a thing of the past. Children are our future. If they're taught to pray, they may grow up to worship God and if they do, God will bless them.

Many Hillary supporters who read this will say that Trump lied. Hillary tells lies and it has been proven. It's unfair for people to point out Trump's lies and ignore Hillary's lies. I can't be 100% sure if Trump is being honest about getting prayer brought back to schools but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I'm also willing to admit that Trump has some big flaws but so does Hillary. I'm against Hillary and I was against Trump also. But when he said that he can bring back prayer to schools, I decided to give him a chance. Prayer is important to me and religion is important to me.

Many people have bad things to say about Donald Trump but I have something good to say. Trump says if he wins, he can get prayer brought back in schools. Children should pray in schools. If they're taught to pray, they might grow up to be Christians and if they carry God in their hearts, it will make them better citizens and better leaders.

So many of today's people are non-religious. They believe that God is fictional and they and many other people don't take their children to churches or go to churches themselves. If children aren't taught anything about God, they will grow up to believe that he is fictional as well. I'm worried that religion will eventually become a thing of the past. Children are our future. If they're taught to pray, they may grow up to worship God and if they do, God will bless them.

Many Hillary supporters who read this will say that Trump lied. Hillary tells lies and it has been proven. It's unfair for people to point out Trump's lies and ignore Hillary's lies. I can't be 100% sure if Trump is being honest about getting prayer brought back to schools but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I'm also willing to admit that Trump has some big flaws but so does Hillary. I'm against Hillary and I was against Trump also. But when he said that he can bring back prayer to schools, I decided to give him a chance. Prayer is important to me and religion is important to me.

But, its not important to me. I don't want to have to sit through your prayers in a school that I helped pay for with my taxpayer money.

You have churches for your prayers...keep them out of our schools.

Hear, Hear. Bringing God back to many of our institution would help many a woe.

But, its not important to me. I don't want to have to sit through your prayers in a school that I helped pay for with my taxpayer money.

You still in HS?

Go back to your 3DS son.

Trump says if he wins, he can get prayer brought back in schools.
Not into public schools. Separation of church and state.
If they're taught to pray, they might grow up to be Christians and if they carry God in their hearts, it will make them better citizens and better leaders.
What makes a christian a better citizen then a muslim? A Hindu? An atheist?
If children aren't taught anything about God, they will grow up to believe that he is fictional as well.
Or parents teach children about god and let them decide.
Hillary tells lies and it has been proven.
Compare Hillary's and Trump's fact checking results.

You seem to need an education about religion yourself if you equate religion (or belief in God) with Christianity (a subset of religion). Perhaps a quick refresher course on the 1A will help you to understand why Christianity (or its prayers) cannot exclusively be taught in public schools - hint one cannot establish a religion. With all of the problems in our K-12 system I doubt that adding a bunch of comparative religious courses (or reciting their various prayers) is likely to fix them.

EDIT: BTW, education is not a constitutional federal power.

Last edited:
Hear, Hear. Bringing God back to many of our institution would help many a woe.

Just FYI: it's impossible to keep an omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent being out of any institution.

Hence, no god needs to be 'brought back' to anything.

Many people have bad things to say about Donald Trump but I have something good to say. Trump says if he wins, he can get prayer brought back in schools.

Yeah. He says that because he's a moron who has no idea how our Constitutional system works.

If you want your child to lead or be lead in prayer in school, then either send them to a private school, or home-school, as we do, for that among many other reasons.

Just a heads up.

The OP spams OPs on boards throughout the internet -- just dropping the OP and amscraying.

Every one of his seven posts at DP is an abandoned OP.

As is every one of OP's on other boards.

Don't expect him to stick around to debate. He's a hit and runner.

Thought you might like to know.

I don't think the destruction of the Republic and of our International prestige and influence is worth something that already exists. Kids can pray in school. Prayer cannot be led, but nothing stops an individual from praying in school.

Why in god's name would you want public employees teaching your kids how to pray. Parents should be the ones teaching their children how to pray... in the home.

Oh wait, you want public employees to teach other people's kids how to pray. Nevermind.

You still in HS?

No, but....I don't want your prayers in the schools I'm paying for.

If you want to pray...do it in your own church.

So you want to bring Muslim prayers to schools, too. And Jewish prayer too. Right? You just mentioned Christian, which I'm quite sure was just a major oversight on your part.

Just FYI: it's impossible to keep an omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent being out of any institution.

Hence, no god needs to be 'brought back' to anything.

Unless we bring him there through prayer and continue wanting him there, he will not be present.

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.

I have to disagree from experience.

I when I went to school we recited the Lord's Prayer and the Pledge of Allegiance first thing in the morning before classes.

All it was, was aroutine we did over and over and after a bit, all it was, was droning back what we were told.

There was no meaning to it at all. Only the grownups thought it was important.

Same as now.

Unless we bring him there through prayer and continue wanting him there, he will not be present.

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.

Laughably untrue. The very nature of the god of the bible precludes any such lack of presence.

No, but....I don't want your prayers in the schools I'm paying for.

If you want to pray...do it in your own church.

When I was in school in the 60's we started every school day with a prayer and the Pledge. Didn't take more than a few moments. I don't think that's too much to ask for my freedom to worship where I may.

Laughably untrue. The very nature of the god of the bible precludes any such lack of presence.

When people spite the Lord and refuse to listen to his word, he does abandon you.

Matthew 19:14

But Jesus said, "Let the children alone, and do not hinder them from coming to Me; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

Back
Top Bottom