• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Donald is pro-sexism...

What? Are you saying men aren't afraid of anything?

Seriously, what on earth goes on in your head?

This is what I'm referring to:
A woman might be a lot more afraid -- and justifiably so -- of being homeless than you were, or so poor that they're at the mercy of people they perhaps don't completely know.

First I asked you

• Can we solve homelessness by being afraid?
  • Why might women be justified in being more afraid?
  • Is a fear of risk of homelessness enough to be a victim, or are homeless people the real victims, not just at risk members of society?

Then you tried to turn it around on me. If you can't prove that a woman is justified in being more afraid than a man, then there's no need to ask what on earth goes on in my head. No, I'm not saying that it's not understandable. I'm not suggesting that women are not justified in being afraid, and I don't want women to be homeless. Now, follow the logic: more men are homeless than there are homeless women. I wouldn't go so far as to say men are at risk of being homeless because of some inherent male quality, because I don't think men seek out homelessness. You seem to think that women are less likely to be at risk of homelessness because of some inherent female quality. I call BS. You can't provide the proof.

Stopped clocks are still right twice a day.

Although, I'm conflicted. Like, on one hand, as a general truism, leaving behind people who disrespect and abuse you = good. And on the other, if women just "take it on the chin" and leave as if it were just a personality conflict, rather than reporting it, it doesn't ever really change. That asshole just harasses the next women they hire, ya know?

Assuming the woman in question has the emotional resources to do so, I think it's better to report, THEN leave. Social + personal protection.

However, this is a fairly innocuous statement in the grand scheme of stuff Trump has said about women. I mean, I can think of several dozen far more blatant examples of the Donald being a sexist.

As usual, you make an excellent point.

I'm quite surprised to find myself defending Donald on anything, but in this case, it's a bit of an overreaction - if you're looking for something to rip on Trump about, there's almost literally a million things he's said that are more offensive than this.

This is what I'm referring to:

First I asked you

• Can we solve homelessness by being afraid?
  • Why might women be justified in being more afraid?
  • Is a fear of risk of homelessness enough to be a victim, or are homeless people the real victims, not just at risk members of society?

Then you tried to turn it around on me. If you can't prove that a woman is justified in being more afraid than a man, then there's no need to ask what on earth goes on in my head. No, I'm not saying that it's not understandable. I'm not suggesting that women are not justified in being afraid, and I don't want women to be homeless. Now, follow the logic: more men are homeless than there are homeless women. I wouldn't go so far as to say men are at risk of being homeless because of some inherent male quality, because I don't think men seek out homelessness. You seem to think that women are less likely to be at risk of homelessness because of some inherent female quality. I call BS. You can't provide the proof.

Being afraid of stuff that can hurt you is logical. Again, just having a brain. It has nothing to do with being a "victim."

I never said women were more likely to be homeless. Dude, what is your deal?

I swear to god, it's like you're talking to yourself. :lol:

Run along and have fun with that, I guess.

Being afraid of stuff that can hurt you is logical. Again, just having a brain. It has nothing to do with being a "victim."

I never said women were more likely to be homeless. Dude, what is your deal?

I swear to god, it's like you're talking to yourself. :lol:

Run along and have fun with that, I guess.

I'm not talking to myself. I know you didn't say that women were more likely to be homeless; I cited that data. I'm still not sure what justifies fear of homelessness in women more than fear in men. If you say something is justifiable, then you really should be able to prove it. I mean, if you say anything, you should be able to back it up.

But if you say you can prove something, you should be able to prove it.

Note: I am not trying to prove that men or women are more likely to fear being homeless, I am asking you to explain why women are justified in fearing homelessness more.

So Donald Trump said that he would want his daughter to find a better employer if she was sexually harassed. Who cares? In the meantime, slipping in sexist comments is not helping anyone.

Back
Top Bottom