• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does this college lecture on 20th century history ring any bells today?

This lecture on pre WWII history of the Soviet Union was given several years ago at the University of Toronto by Professor Jordan Peterson. This was long before he was thrust into the public spotlight over the Canadian law mandating people use a persons preferred gender pronouns. It was titled "The Dangers of Victimhood That Leads to Genocide" by the creator of this animated version of his lecture, where Peterson talks about how the communists created a victimhood mentality and turned people against the Kulaks, and the results that followed which led to the death of millions of people.

This lecture is NOT POLITICAL at all. It's a lecture on human behavior given to phycology students based on what took place in the USSR in the 1920's and 1930's, and seems to have many parallels to what we're seeing take place in American society today. It truly scares the hell out of me. Watch it yourself and let me know what you think.

…ummm… you mean the same Jordan Peterson who thinks there’s a “white genocide” going on and that Christians are oppressed?

Do you not understand the difference between supporting or opposing certain government policies, and victimhood? When you attempt to convince one race that they are being oppressed and discriminated against by another, or attempt to convince people that they are being screwed by the wealthy and they are responsible for their lack of success, that creates the victimhood that led to 10's of millions of deaths in the USSR, Germany and China. The progressive left embraces the doctrine that the American system is centered around benefitting white people and oppresses blacks and other minorities.

That is just projection and has no basis in reality, and I can prove it.

Narrative: Police are racist and kill unarmed black people.
Is it true? There is no evidence to support that narrative and the statistics don't support that narrative.
Action taken: Hundreds of violent and destructive riots in dozens of cities that did billions in damage and accounted for dozens of deaths.
Political reaction: Democrats allowed these riots to happen for many months, wouldn't allow police stop them, refused assistance offered by the federal government to stop them, and many raised money to bail out any of the rioters who were taken to jail. When an incident took place involving police killing a black person that was found not to be racist and was found to have been a justified use of force, the democrats ignored those findings and either continued to perpetuate the lie, or said nothing and allowed the lie to continue to be propagated by others.

The democrats and the progressive left are actively engaging in the creation of a victimhood narrative and have already begun engaging in, encouraging, and/or endorsing, retaliatory measures being taken to silence, punish and ostracize those they have labeled the victimizers, which includes anyone who is white. Anyone who objects to what they are doing, or objects to their political policies or proposals is immediately labeled a "White Supremacism" or an "Uncle Tom" if they happen to be black. They have taken what is, and always has been, simple political disagreement and falsely portrayed it to the black community as blatant racism in an effort to solidify the victimhood narrative they are pushing. That narrative goes hand in hand with teachers using CRT to indoctrinate school children.

Many of you cite Jan 6th or Charlottesville as if it's some kind of equivalent, but that completely falls flat. The differences are, that both of those events were denounced by republicans and not allowed to be repeated. The police were allowed to do their jobs, people were arrested, and people are actively being prosecuted. There weren't any republicans or right wing pundits coming out in support for those incidents or for the people who engaged in them. Republicans and those on the right are not trying to convince white people that they are being victimized by minorities and those on the political left, they're not trying to paint them as racists, and they are not trying to silence their voices, punish them, or have them ostracized from society.

Republicans and those on the right still address and portray publicly the current differences as political, while democrats and those on the left portray the differences as being racial and an issue of minority oppression.
No one has to convince, much less attempt to convince, any minority race that they are oppressed and discriminated against as they live it every day. How do I know that? Because, as a woman of a certain age, I have lived it. And, observed that it is much worse for people of color. You, being a white male, have no idea what it is like and will never know.

As I suspected, you are too heavily biased to be able to acknowledge that white conservatives engage in exactly the same kind of victimhood politics that you accuse the left of. Try to look at the issue objectively, and you will see there is very little difference in the tactics used by either side. Both attempt to cast themselves as the true victims.
That's just wrong.

The right opposes things on a political level, they don't claim to be the victims of a particular race, gender or ethnicity. For us, it's a battle of the right vs. the left and it's fought in the political realm. The right doesn't promote stripping the rights or freedoms of any groups or individuals, it doesn't promote or engage in racial discrimination, it doesn't promote or engage in the silencing of views we disagree with, and it doesn't call for canceling people and destroying people's lives because of things they said that might have offended us. What the left is doing is exactly what was done in Nazi Germany, Stalin's USSR and Mao's China. Fifteen years ago political disagreement was just that... It was political disagreement. Now, every time the right disagrees with the left they label it "racist" "homophobic" "transphobic", etc... The left are engaging in hard core identity politics, labeling certain races, genders and classes of people as victims, and other groups of people as their victimizers. It's a very dangerous game and history proves it.

…ummm… you mean the same Jordan Peterson who thinks there’s a “white genocide” going on and that Christians are oppressed?
I have no idea who you are talking about. If you know of such a person, then link me to him expressing those things.

I have no idea who you are talking about. If you know of such a person, then link me to him expressing those things.

Before I do, when I do, will you admit you had no idea who you were quoting when you linked to a piece by Peterson?

No one has to convince, much less attempt to convince, any minority race that they are oppressed and discriminated against as they live it every day. How do I know that? Because, as a woman of a certain age, I have lived it. And, observed that it is much worse for people of color. You, being a white male, have no idea what it is like and will never know.
Let me guess... You believe that racism is the founding principal of our society and was created by white people to benefit white people? You must also believe that all black people are oppressed and that all white people are oppressors.

If only there was one law that existed in the United States to support that, I might entertain the idea there was something to discuss.

Before I do, when I do, will you admit you had no idea who you were quoting when you linked to a piece by Peterson?
I know exactly who I was quoting and have never heard him say anything about a white genocide taking place. So since you claim he has, link me to him talking about it so I can listen for myself.

I know exactly who I was quoting and have never heard him say anything about a white genocide taking place. So since you claim he has, link me to him talking about it so I can listen for myself.

So when I post links to him talking about the “Great Replacement” aka White Genocide, what will your response be?

This is extremely rich coming from Jordan Peterson, who has convinced an entire cohort of disaffected young [mostly white] men who listen to his podcast audience that they're imaginary victims of feminism gone too far.

He is prime example of the precise phenomenon of which he is explaining and decrying here. Once again, the self-awareness level of the "anti-wokists" reaches Trumpian levels.

So when I post links to him talking about the “Great Replacement” aka White Genocide, what will your response be?
Post the link(s) and I will respond based of what I hear him say.

Where did he express those things?

This is extremely rich coming from Jordan Peterson, who has convinced an entire cohort of disaffected young [mostly white] men who listen to his podcast audience that they're imaginary victims of feminism gone too far.

He is prime example of the precise phenomenon of which he is explaining and decrying here. Once again, the self-awareness level of the "anti-wokists" reaches Trumpian levels.

Anyone who takes that message away from Peterson simply hasn't listened.

He is critical of some aspects of Third Wave Feminism, but he never encouraged anyone to characterize themselves as a victim. It's antithetical to everything he says.

Where did he express those things?
That's what I'm waiting for him to substantiate. I've listened to more hours of his talks, lectures and interviews than I can count, and I've never heard him express those things.

That's just wrong.

The right opposes things on a political level, they don't claim to be the victims of a particular race, gender or ethnicity. For us, it's a battle of the right vs. the left and it's fought in the political realm. The right doesn't promote stripping the rights or freedoms of any groups or individuals, it doesn't promote or engage in racial discrimination, it doesn't promote or engage in the silencing of views we disagree with, and it doesn't call for canceling people and destroying people's lives because of things they said that might have offended us. What the left is doing is exactly what was done in Nazi Germany, Stalin's USSR and Mao's China. Fifteen years ago political disagreement was just that... It was political disagreement. Now, every time the right disagrees with the left they label it "racist" "homophobic" "transphobic", etc... The left are engaging in hard core identity politics, labeling certain races, genders and classes of people as victims, and other groups of people as their victimizers. It's a very dangerous game and history proves it.

You are asleep.

This lecture on pre WWII history of the Soviet Union was given several years ago at the University of Toronto by Professor Jordan Peterson. This was long before he was thrust into the public spotlight over the Canadian law mandating people use a persons preferred gender pronouns. It was titled "The Dangers of Victimhood That Leads to Genocide" by the creator of this animated version of his lecture, where Peterson talks about how the communists created a victimhood mentality and turned people against the Kulaks, and the results that followed which led to the death of millions of people.

This lecture is NOT POLITICAL at all. It's a lecture on human behavior given to phycology students based on what took place in the USSR in the 1920's and 1930's, and seems to have many parallels to what we're seeing take place in American society today. It truly scares the hell out of me. Watch it yourself and let me know what you think.

Trumpism

He describes Trumpism.

That's what I'm waiting for him to substantiate. I've listened to more hours of his talks, lectures and interviews than I can count, and I've never heard him express those things.

Same. All I've ever heard from him is precisely the opposite.

There's a strong sense of irony around an Asian-American who calls black people "Uncle Toms" complaining about imaginary victimhood of [mostly white] men. There are some Trumpian levels of "self-awareness" here, but it's completely on your end. People who complain about those who are "anti-wokists" while being so "woke" that they've become completely racist are silly. Just because there are some white people who are unwilling to go so far off the deep end on "victimhood" that they call minorities they disagree with racist names doesn't make them the ones who are wrong or incapable of logical thought.

Trumpism

He describes Trumpism.
What he is describing is exactly what democrats and the progressive left have been doing. It's identity politics and you can pretend it isn't happening all you like, but that won't change the fact that it's exactly what you people are engaging in.

What he is describing is exactly what democrats and the progressive left have been doing. It's identity politics and you can pretend it isn't happening all you like, but that won't change the fact that it's exactly what you people are engaging in.

Good thing you don't do that.

You can sing that old 🎵 🎶 till the cow jumps over the moon. We all know Trump's entire gig is based on victimization.

Good thing you don't do that.
I recognize identities as far as the political left and the political right, but that doesn't involve claiming victimhood or preaching victimhood to others.

I don't embrace the notion that our society is founded on racism and was built by white people to benefit white people, and as a consequence all black people are inherently oppressed and all white people are inherently their oppressors.
I don't embrace the notion that the wage gap between men and women exists due to discrimination and misogyny by men, and they are oppressing women.

I don't embrace those things because they simply aren't true, but the left sure as hell embraces them and has made a huge effort to falsely convince women and black people that they are victims. So much so that they support stripping the rights and freedoms from the groups they label oppressors, support stripping the oppressors of their wealth and possessions, and are actively trying to silence (cancel) anyone who doesn't agree with their agenda.

Wake up people before you go too far.

I recognize identities as far as the political left and the political right, but that doesn't involve claiming victimhood or preaching victimhood to others.

I don't embrace the notion that our society is founded on racism and was built by white people to benefit white people, and as a consequence all black people are inherently oppressed and all white people are inherently their oppressors.
I don't embrace the notion that the wage gap between men and women exists due to discrimination and misogyny by men, and they are oppressing women.

I don't embrace those things because they simply aren't true, but the left sure as hell embraces them and has made a huge effort to falsely convince women and black people that they are victims. So much so that they support stripping the rights and freedoms from the groups they label oppressors, support stripping the oppressors of their wealth and possessions, and are actively trying to silence (cancel) anyone who doesn't agree with their agenda.

Wake up people before you go too far.
When you make up straw men, it's easy to argue against them.

It isn't bullshit, it's fact. You and others just like you have tried to convince the working class in America that they have been victimized by rich and they are to blame for all their problems. You all want to tare down the entire American system by starting a revolution, but you have never gotten anywhere close to the support you need to accomplish it because most people in the working class are getting by just fine and don't hate people for being successful.

People like you pushing the class warfare narrative aren't the ones who scare me... It's your brothers and sisters using identity politics to divide the country by convincing every minority and marginalized group in America that they are the victims of a system designed by white people, for the benefit of white people, and that they will never prosper until they are removed from power and the country is rebuilt from the ground up. Just as you, they want a revolution and have already taken several first steps. They allowed months and months of race-based riots to take place in cities around the country that they could have easily stopped, while at the same time trying to convince the public that Jan 6th was an attempt to overthrow the government.. They are allowing the free flow of illegal immigrants into the country, which include drug runners and human smugglers. They are releasing dangerous and violent criminals from jail, and refusing to prosecute a whole host of criminal offenders. They are allowing the homeless to take over cities and permitting them to use drugs openly and harass law abiding people.

The left are actively targeting anyone who doesn't agree with them. They want their enemies (conservatives, republicans, white people and dissenters) silenced, financially destroyed, and ostracized from society. This is the beginning stages of history repeating itself and it needs to be stopped before the country is destroyed.

Lots of right wing meme lies.

Back
Top Bottom