• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does it make sense to continue funding Ukraine?

stratotanker7

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
We're giving them money, they're putting it in their pockets and what?

Despite enormous Western aid, the projected national debt at the end of 2023 will be about $190 billion (102% of the country’s GDP).
The World Bank estimates that by the end of 2023, 55% of Ukrainians will be living in poverty and unemployment is expected to reach 30%.

Ukrainian people are dreaming about the counteroffensive but there's May already and their officials are just feeding citizens with false promises.

So here's my question - is it rational to fund Ukraine?

Ukrainian people are dreaming about the counteroffensive but there's May already and their officials are just feeding citizens with false promises.

Many do not know and now do not care that before the war Ukraine was considered one of the most corrupt countries in the world. Do you really think the establishment in Ukraine isn't getting damn rich at the moment knowing that at the end of the conflict they can get asylum in the US or EU? The US will keep funding this war going until the last Ukrainian is dead and Russia is weakened as much as possible. Screw the people. My hope is that China soon ushers in a peace deal that Ukraine and Russia can live with and bitch slaps the US war machine in the face.

Let me guess: I'm a putinist and many other false perjoratives. I don't care, I think this war is stupid, could have been avoided, and should have been resolved immediately, but other "interests" couldn't accept anything other than defeating Russia while sacrificing Ukraine. All of NATO should be disbanded.

Yes and it's an incredibly great value for the west. Ukraine is using that money and equipment effectively to dramatically weaken the Russian military and its ambitions for eastern Europe.

It is the best value on defense spending that we've seen in a century. Not sure why someone in India gives a shit, it's not like you're funding any of this.

Many do not know and now do not care that before the war Ukraine was considered one of the most corrupt countries in the world. Do you really think the establishment in Ukraine isn't getting damn rich at the moment knowing that at the end of the conflict they can get asylum in the US or EU? The US will keep funding this war going until the last Ukrainian is dead and Russia is weakened as much as possible. Screw the people. My hope is that China soon ushers in a peace deal that Ukraine and Russia can live with and bitch slaps the US war machine in the face.

Let me guess: I'm a putinist and many other false perjoratives. I don't care, I think this war is stupid, could have been avoided, and should have been resolved immediately, but other "interests" couldn't accept anything other than defeating Russia while sacrificing Ukraine. All of NATO should be disbanded.

You want to disband NATO and cut all aid to Ukraine, allowing Russia to absorb Ukraine then start absorbing other eastern European countries, but you're worried you'll be called a Kremlin puppet? Gee, why?

You can always identify a childish, naive Kremlin partisan who thinks helping Ukrainians defend themselves against a foreign invasion is hurting Ukrainians. You couldn't give two ****s about the human cost of this, otherwise you'd be blaming the ONLY country responsible for the violence, Russia.

FYI, the US didn't invade Ukraine, Russia did, and Ukrainians have every right to exist and not be crushed under Russia's boot. Your call for disbanding NATO at a time it's extremely important to counter Russian aggression shows your true goal is to have Russia gobble up more European countries. Hard pass, we won't be disbanding, tovarish.

Last edited:
They aren't funding Ukraine ENOUGH. And that argument is coming.........from Conservatives. Even Fox. (Sans Tucker)
They are arguing, and rightly too, that the West and the U.S. are only funding and arming Ukraine enough NOT to lose the war, but not enough to WIN the war.

Better to dig deep now and win this than drag this out for the next couple of decades because you are worried uncle Putin will hire more trolls and bots to infiltrate social media and spread doubt. Amirite?

Who is we? As I understand it India (as per your location flag) is in fact funding Russia....

Who, exactly, is “we” and “they”?

Perhaps you should first fix your own religious-intolerant country before harping about Ukraine.

In addition, India is a major purchaser of Russian weapons and oil, even during this war. Shame on you.

Yes, by all means, the world should continue to support the Ukrainian people.

Perhaps you should first fix your own religious-intolerant country before harping about Ukraine.

In addition, India is a major purchaser of Russian weapons and oil, even during this war. Shame on you.

Yes, by all means, the world should continue to support the Ukrainian people.
@Stratotanker7, this is the mentality driving this American proxy war. This is mostly an American perspective, rest assured more than half the world doesn't blindly support the American war machine. Moreover, you are absolutely correct to question the validity of this war and any war. Don't listen to these belligerent, warmongering, hateful people. Most importantly, don't let them drag you down to the basement here where their true colors can shine through without repercussions. The basement of DP is where the lowest class of the lowest class go to behave like the true trailer trash that they are. You, and I, are above that.

:rolleyes:

Don't anyone listen to this Trump minion.

The indicted Trump would have sided with the accused war criminal Putin.

We’re appropriating money to provide lethal military aid that the Ukrainians are using effectively to tear a new asshole out of Russia and Russians. Or please explain to the gallery how a Ukrainian would hide a HIMARS rocket launcher in his pocket. ❓

Unless you want Russia and whatever despot is currently controlling that nation at the doorstep of Europe for the next century, then yes.
Giving control of the resources that Ukraine has (coal, iron ore, natural gas, manganese ore, wheat, sunflower oil, uranium, shipping ports) to Russia would give them leverage against other nations to suit their own purposes.

Yes, Ukraine has a history of corruption. It was a Soviet state for a long time and that system is ripe with corruption. But with the right leadership in place and assistance from others Ukraine can walk away from that.
Will it be easy? No.
But neither will having Russia exerting control over world politics via the resources of Ukraine. Which would you rather have?

Yes

@Stratotanker7, this is the mentality driving this American proxy war. This is mostly an American perspective, rest assured more than half the world doesn't blindly support the American war machine. Moreover, you are absolutely correct to question the validity of this war and any war. Don't listen to these belligerent, warmongering, hateful people. Most importantly, don't let them drag you down to the basement here where their true colors can shine through without repercussions. The basement of DP is where the lowest class of the lowest class go to behave like the true trailer trash that they are. You, and I, are above that.

Ukraine is engaged in a war to defend her territory.

We can, and do support that.

Apparently you were not alive in 1961.

Only a Kremlin partisan would call Ukrainians defending themselves from a foreign invasion, so that they can remain free, un raped and un murdered, as a US plot, as if we made them do this. You've already called for the disbanding of NATO so your comrades can take as many European countries as they please. As long as you blame the US for Russia's actions instead of Russia, you'll be called out on it.

Yes. We can easily out spend Russia

Back
Top Bottom