• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does everyone just want to bitch and argue and not work on compromises that will work?

Tough shit.

What is your solution Lefty?

So what you're saying is we need a bunch of 5 year old David Copperfield street urchins running around.

That's brilliant. You should get the Nobel Prize for economics based on this ground-breaking work.

So what you're saying is we need a bunch of 5 year old David Copperfield street urchins running around.

That's brilliant. You should get the Nobel Prize for economics based on this ground-breaking work.

But you haven't offered your solution.

You cowardly reply with one liners.

What is your solution?

Females are too ****ing stupid not to go along with the males?

What a crock!

Sexist also.
How is telling men to be responsible sexist? Or is it sexist because it requires males to take some responsibility?

But you haven't offered your solution.

You cowardly reply with one liners.

What is your solution?

The solution we have is sufficient.

Dig deep, brother.

What a crock!

You support tax payers giving people cradle to grave hand outs.

There ya go Luce!

You just smile and sign that check to the IRS, my dude.

Of course. I'll be seeing the kids in the headlines sooner or later anyways.

hmmm. Sounds like we need to use more funds to improve the situation, then.

Maybe he just likes the aesthetic of the Victorian age, with kids getting rickets and dying in the gutter.

You get 5 years to get your act together.

So let's just look at the economics of this. The first 5 years of a child's life are the years that demand the most attention from the mother.

Those are the 5 years you want her focusing entirely on income to the exclusion of all else.

This is obviously going to lead to loads of REALLY WELL ADJUSTED people 12-15 years after it's enacted.

How about we just grab deadbeat dads - no exceptions - and have them neutered? I mean, if we're gonna throw ethics and morality out the window anyway.

Whatever ails public schools, funding is probably not it.
Of course broad political support and a nonpartisan governing body with sweeping power would also be necessary. You get the best people to figure out a plan and the resources to make it happen and do it. That is how we won WW II. (And it will cost as much and is just as necessary.)

Are we still pretending the problem with public schools is lack of funds? That more lucrative teacher pensions will result in better education? Do we have evidence for this assumption?

Of course broad political support and a nonpartisan governing body with sweeping power would also be necessary. You get the best people to figure out a plan and the resources to make it happen and do it. That is how we won WW II. (And it will cost as much and is just as necessary.)
Unlike the generals of yesteryear in your comparison, modern educators have no clue how to do better and no real desire to do so.

So let's just look at the economics of this. The first 5 years of a child's life are the years that demand the most attention from the mother.

Those are the 5 years you want her focusing entirely on income to the exclusion of all else.

This is obviously going to lead to loads of REALLY WELL ADJUSTED people 12-15 years after it's enacted.

How about we just grab deadbeat dads - no exceptions - and have them neutered? I mean, if we're gonna throw ethics and morality out the window anyway.

In Virginia, it's the law that the woman identify the father, or men who may be the father.

In general, mothers must identify a child’s father, or the men who may be a child’s father. They are not required to locate them. Mothers required to identify a child’s father must provide his first and last name, and any 3 of 16 items, such as the father’s race, occupation, schools attended, make and model of father’s car, or places of social contact between the child’s mother and father. The information provided need not be current.

Unlike the generals of yesteryear in your comparison, modern educators have no clue how to do better and no real desire to do so.
I disagree. I think people want to fix our country. Our toxic two party politics is dividing the country (on purpose) and preventing consensus and progress.

Teddy Roosevelt.

The weakling and the coward cannot be saved by honesty alone; but without honesty the brave and able man is merely a civic wild beast who should be hunted down by every lover of righteousness.

Not sure that Teddy served in an elected office for 20 years or more.

I like much of what Teddy did, but there were obviously political motivations in much of what he did. Third Party Runs are rarely apolitical.

Was he honest or did he just have a good PR Man? It's always hard to tell. I certainly don't know enough about that period to make a judgement.

It's interesting that we need to go back more than a century to find a politician to even CONSIDER as being honest. That bit by itself should be VERY revealing.

Voters elect politicians. I'm afraid a lot of voters don't do their research before casting their votes. Voting only party line, or only the way my parents did or how my friends told me I should instead of thinking for themselves and researching candidates history and accomplishments as well as failures. What will they do for the good of the country. How do they represent your personal goals and your own stand on important issues. How is their character. Mostly, what do they plan to do,do they get it done and does it help the country?

Term limits that bar any American from serving in any office(s) at the Federal Level for more than 12 years would go a long way to solving our problems with our politicians.

Boss Hog types could still dominate their little ponds, but polluting the whole lake as they do currently would be more difficult.

Biden has been promising to solve the same problems using the same approaches and the same ideas since he ran in 1973. He's failed throughout the ongoing lying and thieving for about a half century so far.

The only thing he knows how to do is get elected. Everything else leaves him mystified.

How long can the same moron tell the same lies to the same dupes and not be exposed as the lying thief that he is?

It boggles the mind.

Sorry code "they're all wiars" is not an appropriate response to my posts. Nor is your request to name someone I think is honest. Again, I asked you a question directly related to your original whiny post. Again, you ignored it. I would also like to discuss your false "both sides" narrative but we both you wont address it. Why are you even at a debate fourm? I think you would be more comfortable in a pre-teen conservative chat rooom.

Your thoughts are what they are.

Your thoughts are what they are.
Not your worst deflection but still a deflection. I addressed your posts. You "courageously" avoided mine.

Not sure that Teddy served in an elected office for 20 years or more.

I like much of what Teddy did, but there were obviously political motivations in much of what he did. Third Party Runs are rarely apolitical.

Was he honest or did he just have a good PR Man? It's always hard to tell. I certainly don't know enough about that period to make a judgement.

It's interesting that we need to go back more than a century to find a politician to even CONSIDER as being honest. That bit by itself should be VERY revealing.
The two parties have so divided us that even Mother Teresa would be called dishonest by one side or the other.

I disagree. I think people want to fix our country. Our toxic two party politics is dividing the country (on purpose) and preventing consensus and progress.
I agree with that generally. But educators are not a representative sample of America and have their own particular patterns. As in, I think they are ideologically frozen into a set of beliefs that is wrong but that happens to perfectly coincide with their self-interest -- competition is bad, nothing can be measured, tenure matters more than performance (which can't be measured anyway), more money is always the solution, etc.

Not your worst deflection but still a deflection. I addressed your posts. You "courageously" avoided mine.

Your assertions are what they are.

Back
Top Bottom