• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does everyone just want to bitch and argue and not work on compromises that will work?

Ask me to be patriotic. Please...

Politics and decision making in DC has become a divisional sport.

Nothing more and nothing less.
you are right, thanks to that old fart smart Americans voted out of office
images.jpg

I mean under Bush jr. I didnt become so absolutely disgusted with America that i thought about moving...

It is not looking so good for a compromise between two ideologies that would rather point out the actions of the other than work with them on anything.

I hate to be a bother OS but I'm not seeing the "both sides" you are. We saw exactly those actions from republicans every time there is a democrat president. Remember the now laughably small stimulus from President Obama, republicans didnt vote for it. And they're not voting for it under Biden. And dont forget, their only complaint for trump's 2 trillion dollar stimulus was that democrats made them wait 3 days. An even better example is Obamacare. President Obama wanted single payer. It was going nowhere in the democratic congress so he literally compromised on the republican plan of mandates. And they didnt vote for that either.

Yeah, there's no both-sides here. The GOP has been rigidly "our way or no way" since Obama looked like the likely winner first time around. Though the hyperpartisan aggression really materialized around Gingrich's "permanent republican majority" and the creation of Fox News.

Yeah, there's no both-sides here. The GOP has been rigidly "our way or no way" since Obama looked like the likely winner first time around. Though the hyperpartisan aggression really materialized around Gingrich's "permanent republican majority" and the creation of Fox News.
Yeah.... ive come to the realization that trumplicans were going to do everything they could to make democrats miserable and ruin what we care about ever since the day they told me they love trump because he pisses off the libs.. well congrats trumpists you guys gave me the worst 4 years of my life and like Cheney, you guys demanded that i kiss your ass for it (you referring to trumpists).

as awful as its been, i know there were millions that could not just ignore it for even a second like i could.

Those people that got shot in the eye by rubber bullets that shattered their eyeball, those people you guys gloated and cheered as trump sent out unidentified goon squads after (yes there were even mercs involved) protesters, the neighborhoods you guys had cops rush into as if they were running into a fallujah like battlefield could not stand in front of their own homes without being shot by police. How dare you..... complain about muh freedumbs over a damn mask..

i looked at the response for der trumpengroper’s photoshoot and i think it could have been me that got shot by that rubber bullet

Last edited:
To top it off during the pandemic when healthcare workers were stressed out of their minds they were constantly demonized for having the gall to be a human being that needed a small break to boost their morale. I gotta ask who the flying **** do you trumpists think you are?

It shows us a society that values killing over saving lives. A society that values the man with the gun over the man with a stethoscope. A society that gives more value to a gameshow host over someone who doesnt have to kill to save a life. A society that values brutality over wisdom. That is a fascist society. Please dont bothsides this and ask me to work with that unless you are willing to ask the same of a trumpist.

Money for schools in depressed neighborhoods. Healthcare for drug addicts on the street. Childcare for working people that don't have relatives that ban baby sit.

Democrats want to do all of these things.

Republicans do not compromise.

It's a false narrative to suggest Democrats are the same.

Did the democrats compromise with President Trump? Nope.
er uh dog, they actually did. They helped pass trumps budgets when some republicans pretended to care about deficits.

Donald Trump's deal with Democrats last week — the latest setback for House Republicans in a year filled with disappointment — has opened a new rift within the GOP Conference over whether their president or their speaker is to blame.

Some House conservatives have begun questioning Paul Ryan’s leadership after Republicans were forced to swallow a vote to increase the debt ceiling without corresponding spending cuts. Freedom Caucus leaders, already upset that Congress wasted months on the failed bid to repeal Obamacare, cornered Ryan (R-Wis.) last Wednesday to tell him he needed to change his approach.

I even started a thread on dems giving trump a "victory".
https://debatepolitics.com/threads/democrats-hand-trump-a-victory.378922/

oh and I started a thread showing once again that republicans have no policy other than whining and obstructing

Dont feel bad dog you know nothing of this. Your conservative masters arent informing you of the facts.

It is not looking so good for a compromise between two ideologies that would rather point out the actions of the other than work with them on anything.
Or maybe the two parties are so antithetical to each other that the notion of compromise isn't even applicable.

What's the compromise between "Biden stole the election" and "No he didn't"?

What's the compromise between "We need to restrict access to voting" and "We need to increase access to voting"?

What's the compromise between "We're not a democracy" and "Yes we are"?

What's the compromise between "Candidates should be able to choose their voters" and "Voters should be able to choose their candidates"?

What's the compromise between "It's fine to separate families at the border and deport the parents" and "No it isn't"?

What's the compromise between "Democrats are running a child sex trafficking ring and Trump was put in power to stop them" and "OMG no"?

What's the compromise between "There wasn't an insurrection on January 6" and "Yes there was and here's the fricckin video"?

Last edited:
Money for schools isn't the problem in many depressed areas. It's the children coming to school every day from dysfunctional homes that are often lacking most all of the components needed for nurturing a child. Do you really think a child is going to learn when he or she is more preoccupied with being hungry, or living around drugs, alcohol, and violence?

In many homes, the children just fighting to survive.

The USA has the highest rate of single parent households in the world, and single parent households have close to a 33% poverty rate.

This is what happens when a small percentage of people own most of the money. The rest of us are left to fight for the crumbs.

First two paragraphs:
HOUSTON — Shell Reed's 1-year-old needed diapers. Her 4-, 6- and 8-year-old girls were outgrowing their clothes faster than she could replace them. And with her oldest kids — 11, 12 and 13 — taking their classes virtually from home, food expenses for the family were soaring at what seemed to be the worst possible time.
“As soon as we get the groceries, they’re gone the next day,” said Reed, who moved to Houston’s largest housing project five years ago to start an online sales business and has seen her family of nine’s stretched budget broken by a year-long pandemic.
I hear bigger bootstraps are all the new fad.

Rush Limbaugh (and those that copied him) made compromise impossible.

He/they taught their audience that the other side is Satan. That audience votes.

Money for schools in depressed neighborhoods. Healthcare for drug addicts on the street. Childcare for working people that don't have relatives that ban baby sit.

These are all States Rights issues.

1) Why give more money to schools that have already failed?
2) Why give more free stuff to addicts?
3) What did people do for childcare prior to the government providing it?

Travel to central America and you will see. Is that what you want?

So stick your head under a pillow and give up.

I hear bigger bootstraps are all the new fad.

Not having 7 kids with no father sure would have helped. IJS. How does society afford to raise all of these kids man? Ever heard of birth control?

Back
Top Bottom