• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does anyone know someone as immature as Trump?

noonereal

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Seriously.

Does anyone have a family member or friend that is as emotionally immature as Trump. who is over the age of 40 or so?

I honestly don't know a soul.

------------------------

That we had a President with the emotional maturity of a teen girl, while being look at as a God by tens of millions is mind blowing.

So no one has a family member or friend that is as emotionally immature as Trump?

So no one has . a family member or friend that is as emotionally immature as Trump?

Plenty of them. They tend to be older as younger people of similar inclinations tend to feel constrained by social pressures

I know a middle-aged guy with substance issues who is a blowhard and delusional. He's not a bully though.

Plenty of them. They tend to be older as younger people of similar inclinations tend to feel constrained by social pressures

Interesting, honestly.

Can I ask, what is the background of these people? Are they educated? Worldly? Dem/republican, not engaged?

Seriously.

Does anyone have a family member or friend that is as emotionally immature as Trump. who is over the age of 40 or so?

------------------------

That we had a President with the emotional maturity of a teen girl, while being look at as a God by tens of millions is mind blowing.
I've called Trump the man-child. Mainly due to this four year old spoiled brat behavior as in calling others names, throwing temper tantrums and here lately, refusing to admit he lost. As in the spoiled brat saying he's taking his football and going home because other won't let him win. I also grew tired of his 3rd grade schoolyard bullying tactics. No, my kids and grandkids have been taught better. One has to wonder why Trump's parent forgot to teach him any manners that most 5 year olds have today.

We've never had a president who acted so rudely, uncouth comes to mind. Actually, I can't think of a single elected official who behaved as badly as Trump. His very unpresidential behavior was what doomed his chances for reelection. As I have said since Trump first took office, Trump was Trump's worst enemy.

my wife and i have talked about this often.

neither of us came up with any adults.

Seriously.

------------------------

No, he is a very "special" kind of narcissist.

I've called Trump the man-child. Mainly due to this four year old spoiled brat behavior as in calling others names, throwing temper tantrums and here lately, refusing to admit he lost.

Do you think the average citizen realizes how immature TRump is? and how dangerous this made him?
Could it be that there are very large parts of teh country who are used this kind of behavior in their home and think it normal?

my wife and i have talked about this often.

neither of us came up with any adults.

I honestly think it has to do with who you keep company with which has much to do on how you were brought up. I recall talking a young women (40) who told me how fist fights were common at family gatherings like Christmas and Thanksgiving in her family. It is not the first person I have heard say this about their family.
Honestly, these are the kind of folks that may well view Donnie's behavior as nothing out of the normal. The Sarah Palin types.
Could it be, I am truly wondering?

I honestly think it has to do with who you keep company with which has much to do on how you were brought up. I recall talking a young women (40) who told me how fist fights were common at family gatherings like Christmas and Thanksgiving in her family. It is not the first person I have heard say this about there family.
Honestly, these are the kind of folks that may well view Donnie's behavior as nothing out of the normal. The Sarah Palin types.
Could it be, I am truly wondering?
damn

One has to wonder why Trump's parent forgot to teach him any manners that most 5 year olds have today.

LOL, reminds me of what I have told my 5 year old grandson since Trumps election.

Whenever he would fib or do something silly that was not proper I would tell him, "Don't be a Donald."
Now he tells his friends that misbehave the same think. LOL

Do you think the average citizen realizes how immature TRump is? and how dangerous this made him?
Could it be that there are very large parts of teh country who are used this kind of behavior in their home and think it normal?

I think in today's political era of polarization, divisiveness and mega, ultra, high partisanship that most Democrats were against Trump because he was a Republican and most Republicans were for Trump because he was a Republicans. Trump's behavior, unpresidential as I put it, immature as you say, that didn't matter to the highly partisans of both parties political stripes. I do however think it did to independents who grew tired, weary, even a bit disgusted with Trump's behavior and with his obnoxious personality. Trump won this group by 4 points in 2016, lost them by 13 points in 2020, a 17 point swing which I base more on Trump's immaturity, his rude, uncouth, unpresidential behavior than anything else. If on looks at how independents viewed Trump's policies, they were fairly split, for some, against some, indifferent to others. It's Trump's behavior and persona that turned them off and when they had a chance to vote for an adult vs. the immature spoiled brat, they took it.

Today, as a result of the D.C. riot, some Republicans are beginning to wake up to the behavior of their man. Not many, but they are growing. Now is that because they finally realize Trump behaved like an immature four year old brat with his temper tantrums and name calling among other things or is it they're looking forward to 2022 and see Trump as an albatross around their necks when it comes to the independent vote and possibly their future? Then again many are remaining Trump loyalist only because they don't want to peeve off Trump supporters for fear of being primaried out in 2022.

That's how I see these things as of now.

I think in today's political era of polarization, divisiveness and mega, ultra, high partisanship that most Democrats were against Trump because he was a Republican and most Republicans were for Trump because he was a Republicans.

I strongly disagree. I was VERY open to Trump for example. Hire the best, an outsider, drain the swamp, launch a giant infrastructure project, bring a keen business sense to DC...
It all sounded good. But what happened literally on day one? The term "alternate facts" was born. Good ****in grief!

Trump's behavior, unpresidential as I put it, immature as you say

It is clinically immature behavior. This is fact. I don't mean to be provoking or anything but fact is fact.

Seriously.

------------------------

I know one or two who exhibit a few of Trump's traits, but l know none with all of the ones that he has.

Does anyone know someone as immature as Trump?

Yes. My 2-year-old nephew.

I think in today's political era of polarization, divisiveness and mega, ultra, high partisanship that most Democrats were against Trump because he was a Republican

I respectfully disagree with this.
And while I appreciate you were not offering a defense of Trump, so many who do support him think he was treated unfairly based upon the presumption he entered the white house with a relatively clean slate. He did not.

Presidents such as Carter, Obama and to a lesser degree GW Bush had relatively low profiles nationally before embarking on the runs for presidency. Trump on the other hand was well known as a blowhard born in to wealth, conman, serial philanderer, perpetual liar and litigator, and someone who never accepted blame for mistakes. In short, every childish, immature narcissistic trait mentioned in the OP was known to a lot of us. THAT is the reason I could never vote for him for president no matter if he was running as a democrat (which he was for most of his life) or a republican.

So for a lot of us, the suggestion we didn't want him as POTUS because he was a republican ignores the massive baggage that rode down the escalator with him in 2015.

So no one has a family member or friend that is as emotionally immature as Trump?
I do not. I think part of Trumps immaturity and stunted emotional development was in part based upon being born into wealth and privilege where he could expect to get what he wanted. None of my family or friends had that luxury.

And those who may be as immature or irresponsible as Trump, but not born into privilege, usually die young anyway and thus not in my peer group.

Once worked for a guy who (at 50) would throw actual tantrums which included swiping everything off his desk and kicking the chairs.

The OP is asking if we know a Trumper?

Once worked for a guy who (at 50) would throw actual tantrums which included swiping everything off his desk and kicking the chairs.

I feel like it's a little evil to believe that's hilarious.

Seriously.

------------------------

I worked for a woman who reminds me of Trump in a lot of ways. She was a bully with a short temper, and nobody trusted her. She just wasn’t honest. She would harass and bully people, then sulk and feel sorry for herself. She was never wrong. She would never apologize. She often ignored people and did the silent treatment thing for months and months. While ignoring you, you would still use every other means to passively harass you, demand you work later, and eventually explode and scream at you.

She also mock and make a lot of dumb faces at you while you talked to her with respect.

I sensed she was emotionally immature and very insecure. Choas would describe her and her mental state. Her personality could flip back and forth like Jeckle and Hyde.

That is something I have never understood. People who shout or even punch holes in walls in anger.

I feel like it's a little evil to believe that's hilarious.

At first it was like wth?? Then people got tired of it and would outright laugh. Needless to say that just got more crap thrown and some red faced screaming. :p

At first it was like wth?? Then people got tired of it and would outright laugh. Needless to say that just got more crap thrown and some red faced screaming. :p

There's no way I could contain my laughter. I'd so get fired. Even if I wanted to stay in that absurd environment, I just couldn't. I'd laugh and laugh and that would be it.

Back
Top Bottom