• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you wear your seatbelt everytime you're in a car?

Do you always wear your seatbelt?

• Total voters
The guy I was seeing last year was a horrible driver. He scared the crap out of me several times.

I'm actually a very good driver. I've never had an accident and it's been the better part of a decade since I got a ticket but my right foot is kind of heavy and I have a deep seated passion for curvy roads.

Not much choice since most cars these days have sensors that continue to blare as long as a seat is occupied without a seatbelt being engaged. My car does so I always wear the belt.

see my above post - they have car specific seatbelt 'extenders' for about $10 or so to 'plug in' to the receptacle - tricks the alarm into thinking a seatbelt is inserted - and can still be used normally when desired.

It's just become a habit for me. As soon as I get in the car that's the first thing I do. I've heard way to many stories of people not wearing their seatbelts.

Same here. It has become such a habit that I now feel naked if I'm not wearing it.

I will admit that I started 30 years ago when stationed in Germany and it was mandated AND enforced. It became habit, and now even if the laws were to be repealed I would still wear one. Partly because of the habit and partly because I am older and wiser.

I guess this is one time where "I fought the law and the law won". :2razz:

No matter if you're the driver or the passenger..... going a long ways or just around the corner.....

Who here always wears their seatbelt?

Always always every minute the vehicle is in motion? No. I doubt anyone does.

But I try to remember as much as possible. We have that damn law now and the cops love to pull you over... not to mention is really is a good idea if you like living.

Of course. It's never even a consideration to not put it on, i just do it automatically.

see my above post - they have car specific seatbelt 'extenders' for about $10 or so to 'plug in' to the receptacle - tricks the alarm into thinking a seatbelt is inserted - and can still be used normally when desired.

In counter-point, I'd refer you to the rest of my original answer in that post...

For older cars? I still do just because I don't want to get a ticket (or if a passenger, get both myself and the driver a ticket). It's fairly annoying but it has saved me from injury and possibly death at least once when a drunk driver smashed into the side of my new car. lol :)

So basically, seat-belt alarm notwithstanding, I have taken to wearing my seat-belt all the time anyway. :)

I went on a day trip with some teacher friends the other day and I was hanging on for dear life. :lol:

I absolutely HATE riding with someone, unless I know they are a good driver and cautious. You're literally putting your life in their hands.

I always wear a seat belt except the one time I didn't. I got out at the bottom of a steep icy logging road to lock my hubs and when I got back into my PU I started to belt up and then thought WTF, it's only a mile to the job. I got halfway up the hill and came to a stop and then started sliding backwards. I ended up at the bottom of a ravine after rolling several times and was pinned down on the seat. Later the cop that came asked if I was wearing a seatbelt so I lied and said yes. He said BS, if you were wearing a belt you'd be dead. He said he wasn't going to give me a ticket for being alive though and walked away. I still believe in the things and wear them though, that was a freak event.

I can say I've put a few dead bodies in cadaver bags, that got ejected from vehicles. But I only saw one die in a belt and that was head on with a school bus. This one would have died regardless. Just my observation.. But yes mine goes on with no thought. Even if I'm just moving the car, I put it on without thinking sometimes.

Always. Driver or passenger.... doesn't matter.

always. in 1983 I was home for Christmas break from law school and I was taking my college girlfriend back to the airport for her flight home to NYC. I had a two seat Ford EXP. I had my belt on but she didn't want to wear it because she had some loose short sack style dress over a bodysuit and the seatbelt was rubbing her right breast the wrong way. I insisted though and she complied

it was 10 below outside and as we approached an overpass it started to rain, the rain froze on contact I was on the bridge and the truck 100 yards in front of me suddenly jackknifed and try as I might I hit the Jane Mansfield Bar on the truck-hit so hard all four tire blew-both axles cracked among other things

other than my girlfriend's right breast getting a nasty bruise we both were OK

the state trooper who assisted us said good job boy-if you hadn't had your belts on I'd be making a very unhappy call to your father

No matter if you're the driver or the passenger..... going a long ways or just around the corner.....

I do most of the time when I'm driving on public streets. If I'm just driving a short distance in a parking lot or driveway I won't always put it on (though even then I usually do just to stop it from beeping at me. And of course if the car doesn't have a seat belt I won't wear it.

Always in the front seat and almost never in the back, except long distance trips. :peace

Back
Top Bottom