• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you want tyranny of the majority?

Donald Trump didn't commit the worst US civil rights violation of the 20th century by putting 120,000 innocent people in concentration camps via executive order. That crime was committed by progressive hero FDR.

And you're worried about the stupid post office.

Oh well as long as Trump's concentration camps are smaller...

Lol. Liberals complaining about suppression of rights is so 2020.

People tend to say they don't want "tyranny of the majority". That they respect democracy and individual rights and limits on the majority's power over the minority. They're often not telling the truth.

To do that, people need to oppose their OWN side when it's in power and oversteps. When trump sabotages the Post Office trying to steal an election, HIS supporters should put country over party or cult leader, and stand up for fair elections and against abuse of power and the rights of their fellow citizens who vote differently.

There's an old saying, "I strongly disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death the right to say it."

Republicans have largely updated that to, "I strongly disagree with what you say, and I'd strongly support trump if he shot you on Fifth Avenue for saying it."

I haven't seen ONE trump supporter condemn his attempt to steal the election by sabotaging the post office or other methods. That is why they are called un-American, traitorous, anti-democracy, dangerous, immoral, etc. It's simply describing them, and their not liking it doesn't make it less accurate. They need to put up or shut up on defending the American system.

People tend to say they don't want "tyranny of the majority". That they respect democracy and individual rights and limits on the majority's power over the minority. They're often not telling the truth.

To do that, people need to oppose their OWN side when it's in power and oversteps. When trump sabotages the Post Office trying to steal an election, HIS supporters should put country over party or cult leader, and stand up for fair elections and against abuse of power and the rights of their fellow citizens who vote differently.

There's an old saying, "I strongly disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death the right to say it."

Republicans have largely updated that to, "I strongly disagree with what you say, and I'd strongly support trump if he shot you on Fifth Avenue for saying it."

I haven't seen ONE trump supporter condemn his attempt to steal the election by sabotaging the post office or other methods. That is why they are called un-American, traitorous, anti-democracy, dangerous, immoral, etc. It's simply describing them, and their not liking it doesn't make it less accurate. They need to put up or shut up on defending the American system.

What about the tyranny of the minority? That is clearly what we have at present.

What about the tyranny of the minority? That is clearly what we have at present.

Technically, you're right. Republicans are the minority. But it's not the people out of power doing things like sabotaging the Post Office to steal an election, or using military aid as something to extort lies about Joe Biden.

It beats the tyranny of the minority under Trump by a mile. Nothing is worse than being run by a "Gangster Regime"

Today’s less serious nation is unable to… even reliably conduct elections. This is what national decline looks like.”
Will claims that the United States “is in a downward spiral” and faces “disdainful condescension” from the rest of the world.
Will asserts that one reason for this are the highly disparate COVID-19 pandemic results between America and much of the rest of the developed world: “Last Sunday, Germany (population 80.2 million) had 159 new cases of covid-19; Florida (population 21.5 million) had 15,300.”
Another example of the Union’s decline is that it is “unable to… even reliably run elections,” citing the Hoover Institution which finds that “there has been a rising tide of voter suppression in recent U.S. elections.”
Will posits that the decline has gotten so serious that “worse is helpful, and worse can be confidently expected.”
By this Will means that the more egregious Trump’s presidency becomes, the more apparent the need for voters to remove him from office will become.
As an example of the “worse” that Will affirms America is seeing, he next calls the Trump administration a “gangster regime.”
He claims that Roger Stone “adopted the argot of B-grade mobster movies when he said he would not ‘roll on’ Donald Trump.”
And Trump “show[ed] gratitude for Stone’s version of omertà (the Mafia code of silence)” by commuting his sentence.

Conservative Icon George Will: A “Gangster Regime” Now Runs Our Country

Donald Trump didn't commit the worst US civil rights violation of the 20th century by putting 120,000 innocent people in concentration camps via executive order. That crime was committed by progressive hero FDR.

You support a fascist.
How do you think that stripping kids away from their parents and locking them in cages when many of them will never see their parents again.

Trump wanted to round of other immigrants and people of other ethnicities and deport them but the SCOTUS prevented it.

Actor Riz Ahmed suggests Trump might round up Muslims for deportation – HotAir

Trump had federal troops kidnapping Americans off the street and hauling them away without charges and 5th amendment rights because they were protesters.

Well once Trump and Barr and DeJoy have the election rigged, he's win 85-95% of the vote and then they can probmptly outlaw questioning Trump on anything. It will be a white winger utopia. Except for the "re-education camps" most of us types will be "offered the opportunity for mandatory permanent enrollment".... :roll:

You support a fascist.
How do you think that stripping kids away from their parents and locking them in cages when many of them will never see their parents again.

Trump wanted to round of other immigrants and people of other ethnicities and deport them but the SCOTUS prevented it.

Trump had federal troops kidnapping Americans off the street and hauling them away without charges and 5th amendment rights because they were protesters.

He will cheat the election. We can expect Trump for life. It's a done deal. Schumer and Collins sternly written letters were all we had, and they'll fail. If only something could be done... *sigh*

Im serious though, that's the sad thing, I have zero hope of a fair election. Trump is dictator, and Barr and the entire GOP are staging a coup. Ameica is a done deal, over and finished....

He's literally emperor Plapatine now and will be till the day he dies.

In fact, I'd not be surprised if the Democratic party is outlawed by 2022.

You support a fascist.

Do you ever get tired of typing such nonsense.

Why exactly should anyone care what an actor says Trump might do.

And federal law enforcement are not troops. And they have been arresting people who break the law since we have had a country. There was no kidnapping outside of your imagination.

The fact that you have to post such garbage and lie all the time proves just how weak your argument is.

He will cheat the election. We can expect Trump for life. It's a done deal. Schumer and Collins sternly written letters were all we had, and they'll fail. If only something could be done... *sigh*

Im serious though, that's the sad thing, I have zero hope of a fair election. Trump is dictator, and Barr and the entire GOP are staging a coup. Ameica is a done deal, over and finished....

He's literally emperor Plapatine now and will be till the day he dies.

In fact, I'd not be surprised if the Democratic party is outlawed by 2022.

You do realize the conspiracy theory section is further down right.

But good to see you showing everyone on this site just how detached from reality you are.

That's why The United States isn't a democracy

Correct, it is a republican (not as in the party) democracy which still allows the direct voting of the majority to determine certain electoral outcomes, but not all. So, swing-voter still has a valid point.

You'll only get democrats like Pelosi and jackasses Schiff and Nadler to agree to that saying is if Trump agrees to set up a trust for the Kennedy Center in the amount of $1 Trillion.

Pelosi's obsession with the Kennedy Center is ridiculous.

If the K Center can't afford to operate than close the damn place; file for bankruptcy, thus putting it out of its misery.

Only <0.0000001% of American taxpayers are able to go there anyway. No big loss.

It still doesn't make what Trump is trying to do morally right, nor does it give Trump the permission to act in this fashion. Bringing up what FDR did or did not do does not and will not condone what Trump is doing...in fact, YOU are proving the point that what Trump is doing is wrong by even bringing up these examples.

It doesn't have to be "mass gun confiscation" to be a violation of the 2nd amendment. Using your own "reasoning", if the cops aren't committing mass murder then they aren't violating anyone's civil rights.

Your point is duly noted even though you did not provide specifics.

Now please answer the question specifically: when was the last mass gun confiscation? No deflection, no need to talk on your opinion/argument on why certain gun laws are unconstitutional.

We would like to know from you a specific answer to a specific question; when was the last mass gun confiscation?

I'd be more than happy to back down to my opposition to the Second Amendment if your side would back down their opposition to just about every other Amendment.

The ONLY amendments I oppose are the 16th and 17th, and I wouldn't support any change at all to the 1st 10 .

You'll only get democrats like Pelosi and jackasses Schiff and Nadler to agree to that saying is if Trump agrees to set up a trust for the Kennedy Center in the amount of $1 Trillion.

Pelosi's obsession with the Kennedy Center is ridiculous.

If the K Center can't afford to operate than close the damn place; file for bankruptcy, thus putting it out of its misery.

Only <0.0000001% of American taxpayers are able to go there anyway. No big loss.

Well, that's a pile of ignorance. The center is a national treasure for celebrating American art, and available to all Americans online. Supporting the arts is a good use of tax dollars.

Well, that's a pile of ignorance. The center is a national treasure for celebrating American art, and available to all Americans online. Supporting the arts is a good use of tax dollars.

But who exactly gets to enjoy it? Pelosi - period.

Those that enjoy going there should pay for all costs - not the federal government.

But who exactly gets to enjoy it? Pelosi - period.

I enjoyed the tribute to Led Zeppelin more than any other show in a decade. And I enjoyed many others. And you could too.

i support getting rid of the EC, but that isn't tyranny.

you won't see much condemnation of Tweety sabotaging the postal service or of any of the other dirty tricks by the right because a lot of of them support it, whether tacitly or otherwise.

i support getting rid of the EC

Especially after a Democrat loses?

Especially after a Democrat loses?

i like real estate, but i don't think that pushing Republican idiots who lost the popular vote to victory is a proper use for it.

Back
Top Bottom