• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you support marriage for gay and transgender people?

Do you support gay and transgender marriage?

• Gay marriage ok, transgender not

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It should be illegal.
it cant' be illegal based on the constitution
Every church is a public business and the rules apply to every business
"Churches" are not public businesses

but like I already said when churches do get involved in public businesses they have gotten themselves in trouble and rightfully so! Because you are right, the rules do apply to every business, but it has to be an actual business.

it cant' be illegal based on the constitution

"Churches" are not public businesses

but like I already said when churches do get involved in public businesses they have gotten themselves in trouble and rightfully so! Because you are right, the rules do apply to every business, but it has to be an actual business.
That is a legal opinion. Freedom of religion has lots of limits. Churches are a business.

That is a legal opinion. Freedom of religion has lots of limits. Churches are a business.
absolutely, Freedom of religion does have lots of limits like most rights, its not special and doesnt magically cancel out others
And this is a legal issue, so legal facts are all that matter, a "church" is not a public business.

absolutely, Freedom of religion does have lots of limits like most rights, its not special and doesnt magically cancel out others
And this is a legal issue, so legal facts are all that matter, a "church" is not a public business.
A church has to get a business license and comply with zoning laws.

It's a business....just not a taxed one

A church has to get a business license and comply with zoning laws.

It's a business....just not a taxed one
None of that changes the fact they are not a public business though. I'm not sure what we are discussing?

Thats nice but irrelervant to what I am talking about which is your claims that they should lose tax exempt status based on not providing religious ceremonies to everyone
My claim is that they are discriminating against a group of people. There is no religious right to be tax-exempt.
There nothing based on the legality, rights or freedom that supports this claim. They are not required to why are you trying to infringe on their rights?

it is every day and it should be as long as it is not ILLEGAL discrimination. HUGE difference.
Whats funny is YOU are the one that wants to illegally discriminate.
The funny part is that you are arguing that some of god's children are lesser than others and deserve not to participate in a religious exercise of their choosing. You are literally saying that man's interpretation of god's will is more important than god's will.

Let's make this simple for you. Where in the Constitution, or other federal body of laws, do you find the right of religious organizations to be tax exempt?

My claim is that they are discriminating against a group of people. There is no religious right to be tax-exempt.

The funny part is that you are arguing that some of god's children are lesser than others and deserve not to participate in a religious exercise of their choosing. You are literally saying that man's interpretation of god's will is more important than god's will.

Let's make this simple for you. Where in the Constitution, or other federal body of laws, do you find the right of religious organizations to be tax exempt?

You seem confused about what I am saying but since this whole thing is irrelevant to the thread topic Ill just move on

The funny part is that you are arguing that some of god's children are lesser than others and deserve not to participate in a religious exercise of their choosing.
You are literally saying that man's interpretation of god's will is more important than god's will.
WHAT??? Nope I've never even come close to making that retarded claim LMAO you are not good at this are you?That doesn't even make sense.
Let's make this simple for you.
its been easy for me since you havent been able to support any of your posts with things that actually matter to laws and rights etc
Where in the Constitution, or other federal body of laws, do you find the right of religious organizations to be tax exempt?
WHere have I said that is a right, I havent. See your posts fail again and that was easy.

WHAT??? Nope I've never even come close to making that retarded claim LMAO you are not good at this are you?That doesn't even make sense.

its been easy for me since you havent been able to support any of your posts with things that actually matter to laws and rights etc

WHere have I said that is a right, I havent. See your posts fail again and that was easy.
Why wouldn't a church marry gay people?

If you agree there are no rights to be tax-exempt, how can you possibly argue that the tax code they take advantage of cannot be removed? That position is a de facto claim of religious rights. If that doesn't mean rights, what are you trying to say it does mean?

Why wouldn't a church marry gay people?
IDK, it varies per church you'd have to ask them. Mine does and its meaningless to the discussion
If you agree there are no rights to be tax-exempt,
has nothing to do with me agreeing its just a fact
how can you possibly argue that the tax code they take advantage of cannot be removed? That position is a de facto claim of religious rights. If that doesn't mean rights, what are you trying to say it does mean?
never said it can't, thats not the argument no matter how much you want it to be. I said YOU want to illegal discriminate based on YOUR comment below that this started with

And if churches decide not to do something that is constitutionally provided for, they should lose their tax exempt status.

THIS reasoning is illegal discrimination

How about the NAACP discriminating against those without color?
I have to know what you are talking about?
who are those without color? LOL and how does the NAACP illegally discriminate against them?

IDK, it varies per church you'd have to ask them. Mine does and its meaningless to the discussion

has nothing to do with me agreeing its just a fact

never said it can't, thats not the argument no matter how much you want it to be. I said YOU want to illegal discriminate based on YOUR comment below that this started with

THIS reasoning is illegal discrimination
Some churches don't. One bad apple...That's why it wouldn't be illegal discrimination, all churches would have their tax exempt status removed.

And it comes down to this...again. If you can't answer or choose not to, that's fine with me, but you have avoided this question from the start. Where in our system of jurisprudence do churches have the right to be tax-exempt? I say they don't

Some churches don't. One bad apple...
true but meaningless to the topic
That's why it wouldn't be illegal discrimination, all churches would have their tax exempt status removed.
thats not what YOUR statement says at all. are you magically taking it back now and changing it to something you didnt say? LOL
and the question would still be whats the reason to deny churches the same rights as everybody else from being a 501c
And it comes down to this...again. If you can't answer or choose not to, that's fine with me, but you have avoided this question from the start. Where in our system of jurisprudence do churches have the right to be tax-exempt? I say they don't
you repeating this lie will never make it true, ive answered it every time. who do you think these lies work on. I never said that what I said is they have a right to be 501c like you, me or anybody else and you want to deny them that because they are a church. Thats illegal discrimination. Like i said you are horrible at this and facts, honesty and post history are not your friends 😂

so here we are in the same spot, you made this statement:
And if churches decide not to do something that is constitutionally provided for, they should lose their tax exempt status.
How do you legally justify violating their rights like this and discriminating against them?

If that's all they do, why do they deny ceremonies to those that don't fit their beliefs? If those beliefs are stronger than beliefs in US law, they don't need to benefit from US tax benefits.
this makes no sense at all, they can do it BASED on US law LMAO

true but meaningless to the topic

thats not what YOUR statement says at all. are you magically taking it back now and changing it to something you didnt say? LOL
and the question would still be whats the reason to deny churches the same rights as everybody else from being a 501c

you repeating this lie will never make it true, ive answered it every time. who do you think these lies work on. I never said that what I said is they have a right to be 501c like you, me or anybody else and you want to deny them that because they are a church. Thats illegal discrimination. Like i said you are horrible at this and facts, honesty and post history are not your friends 😂

so here we are in the same spot, you made this statement:

How do you legally justify violating their rights like this and discriminating against them?
It's not discrimination if all of a group are treated equally. High tax states lost deductions in 2018. Is that discrimination? I'll change the topic of my stance. What do churches do that enables them to enjoy this benefit that costs all Americans? And again...what rights do churches have that you think I'm suggesting be violated?

IMO, the clear answer is you are acting to protect your self-interest, which is fine. It means nothing when it comes to tax law.

It's not discrimination if all of a group are treated equally. High tax states lost deductions in 2018. Is that discrimination?
yes it is if the group is all churches because they dont do what you want them to do, thats religious discrimination LMAO
I'll change the topic of my stance. What do churches do that enables them to enjoy this benefit that costs all Americans?
it doesnt matter what I think or you think they are allowed to be 501c . . they dont need to do what your feelings want them to do be 501C
And again...what rights do churches have that you think I'm suggesting be violated?
and again . . . . you will be illegally discimtinteing again them violating their rights. this answer wont change just cause you dont like it 😂
IMO, the clear answer is you are acting to protect your self-interest, which is fine. It means nothing when it comes to tax law.
and like it has been from the beginning in your opinion is factually wrong.
What self-interest do you assume "i" have . . im not a church, dont own one, dont run one etc

once again, the question you in fact keep dodging is still unanswered.

yes it is if the group is all churches because they dont do what you want them to do, thats religious discrimination LMAO

it doesnt matter what I think or you think they are allowed to be 501c . . they dont need to do what your feelings want them to do be 501C

and again . . . . you will be illegally discimtinteing again them violating their rights. this answer wont change just cause you dont like it 😂

and like it has been from the beginning in your opinion is factually wrong.
What self-interest do you assume "i" have . . im not a church, dont own one, dont run one etc

once again, the question you in fact keep dodging is still unanswered.

They are part of a group, the same way I don't believe businesses that are open to the public should be allowed to discriminate. If you believe churches should be protected from something just because they are churches, that's religious discrimination.

501's are a part of a law, there is no right to be a part of one. You talk about violating their rights. What rights are you talking about? There is no right to be a 501(c).

From previous statements I feel you indicated you are a church goer. If true, you have a self interest in this topic. If not, I was mistaken.

Last chance...How is removing a tax benefit a violation of a churches rights?

Back
Top Bottom