• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you support marriage for gay and transgender people?

Do you support gay and transgender marriage?

• Gay marriage ok, transgender not

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Do you support gay and transgender marriage?
I do! :)

In the hope that it will not become a crime soon NOT to be gay or lesbian or transgender or "non-binary". :)

You "feeling" churches shouldn't be automatically tax-exempt is one thing, you are welcome to those feelings

the wedding thing is absolutely nonsensical and no reason to justify churches not being tax exempt at all

the infringement of the establishment clause is equally as ridiculous because again, they are 501c so its not infringed on in any way what so ever lol

at best, maybe there's an argument to be had that says churches shouldn't be "automatically" 501c . . but then after that, there's nothing to stop them from applying for 501C and then getting it that would be justified.

Everythign you suggested would be an infringement of their rights and be illegal discrimination against religion.
Nonsense.

Nonsense.
You can call facts nonsense all you like it doesn't make them disappear nor does it change the fact you cant support your failed claims. 🤷‍♂️
If you disagree once again you are free to post any facts that support you and make your claims true but so far that's been failure after failure and will remain YOUR issue lol while the rest of us enjoy our rights and freedoms.

You can call facts nonsense all you like it doesn't make them disappear nor does it change the fact you cant support your failed claims. 🤷‍♂️
If you disagree once again you are free to post any facts that support you and make your claims true but so far that's been failure after failure and will remain YOUR issue lol while the rest of us enjoy our rights and freedoms.
Here's the fact that makes your entire point nonsense. Churches have zero rights to be a 501(c). They are legally allowed to because of the secular US tax code. All of your claims stand on that one fallacy. The only religious rights in America are protection from an established religion and a general right to worship as one pleases. Neither of these rights are absolute.

I'm a hard-core traditionalist, so absolutely no way.
Do you equally oppose interracial marriage?

Gay marriage predates the Christian church.
Marriage between males was not uncommon in ancient Rome; there are many references to it, in fact, and none of them are favorable, such as Lucian’s strange science fiction story about “gay marriage” on the Moon, described as an “unusual custom” (Lucian, True History 1.22). However, the most scandalous of these reports seem to be those involving the Emperor Nero, who participated in wedding ceremonies with men on at least three different occasions. The first, to Sporus:

“[Nero] had a boy named Sporus castrated and tried to transform him into an actual woman; he married him in a regular wedding ceremony, with a dowry and a bridal veil, took him home in front of a great crowd, and treated him as his wife. A witty remark that someone made about this is still circulating: that human kind would have been well off, if his father Domitius had had the same kind of wife” (Suetonius, Nero 28-29).

The second, to Doryphorus, in which Nero was the bride:

“…he invented a new kind of game (so to speak) in which, dressed in the skin of a wild animal, he was released from a cage and attacked the private parts of men and women who were bound to stakes and, when he had had enough of this savagery, he was finished off (as it were) by his freedman Doryphorus. This Doryphorus he took as his husband, just as Sporus had with him, and in doing so he imitated the cries and wailing of a virgin who is being raped” (Suetonius, Nero 28-29).

And the third, to Pythagoras, in which he was also the bride:

“A veil was placed over the emperor, the interpreters of the auspices were sent; a dowry, a wedding bed and marriage torches -- in the end, everything that is concealed by night even in the case of a woman was on display” (Tacitus, Ann. 15.37).

Do you equally oppose interracial marriage?

Gay marriage predates the Christian church.

Nope. I support interracial marriage when it's still between men and women.

Then gay marriage must have predated Adam & Eve. Do you have record of gay marriages prior to Adam & Eve?

Here's the fact that makes your entire point nonsense.
cant wait to read this monumental fail and strawman lol
Churches have zero rights to be a 501(c). They are legally allowed to because of the secular US tax code. All of your claims stand on that one fallacy. The only religious rights in America are protection from an established religion and a general right to worship as one pleases. Neither of these rights are absolute.
BOOM!! man can I call it or can I call it
Quote me saying they have a right to be 501C you wont cause you cant cause I never said it LMAO

what I said is they do have the right to NOT be discriminated against and that's what YOU want to do. so all my claims stand on FACTS whether you understand them or not 😂
. . would you like me to prove it and destroyed you posted topical ignorance again . . suuuuuuuure

here's your quote
And if churches decide not to do something that is constitutionally provided for, they should lose their tax exempt status.

so ill ask you again, how do you plan on doing this without violating their rights? you cant deny them a 501C because they wont do what your wlittle fweelings want them to do> it doesn't work that way. Theres no requirement to do thing you want them to do to be a 501C.

Try again!

Then gay marriage must have predated Adam & Eve. Do you have record of gay marriages prior to Adam & Eve?
Adam and Eve were fictional, so that would be very unlikely.

How are you required to like LGBT marriage? Have you been forced to sign a petition or pay a fine? Have there been any people fighting with the Hare Krishnas, Mormons, and the JVs knocking on your door trying to convert you?

Adam and Eve were fictional, so that would be very unlikely.

How are you required to like LGBT marriage? Have you been forced to sign a petition or pay a fine? Have there been any people fighting with the Hare Krishnas, Mormons, and the JVs knocking on your door trying to convert you?
Prove it.

There have been no requirements or petition signings or fines forced on me.

Now, there could be some jackass who'd get triggered and try to demolish my personal and professional life so there'd be some motivating factors that could FEEL like requirements.

Of course, one might say it'd be so much easier to do whatever the Left tells you to do and life would be easier. Sure, compliance is always an easy way out, but it wipes out our freedoms, and I'm not going to put up with that.

No, I'm just going to stick to what I think is right and be a lot happier.

Prove it.

There have been no requirements or petition signings or fines forced on me.

Now, there could be some jackass who'd get triggered and try to demolish my personal and professional life so there'd be some motivating factors that could FEEL like requirements.

Of course, one might say it'd be so much easier to do whatever the Left tells you to do and life would be easier. Sure, compliance is always an easy way out, but it wipes out our freedoms, and I'm not going to put up with that.

No, I'm just going to stick to what I think is right and be a lot happier.
Genesis is fiction because life didn't start that way. It physically could not have begun that way. The idea that life on earth is 6000 years old is absurd and anyone who spouts such nonsense as literal fact should be denied a high school diploma. There were more than 3 other civilizations that predate that 6000-year date and I'm sure that would have been very surprised to see your god create the world in the middle of their week.

Your literalist idea comes from a 17th-century translation that was quickly was rejected.
The Ussher chronology is a 17th-century chronology of the history of the world formulated from a literal reading of the Old Testament by James Ussher, the Archbishop of Armagh and Primate of All Ireland. The chronology is sometimes associated with young Earth creationism, which holds that the universe was created only a few millennia ago by God as described in the first two chapters of the biblical book of Genesis. Ussher fell into disrepute in the 19th century.

I'm not aware of the leftist demands of the complaints that you are referring to. Which of your freedoms would be in jeopardy in these unsupported leftist demands?

Genesis is fiction because life didn't start that way. It physically could not have begun that way. The idea that life on earth is 6000 years old is absurd and anyone who spouts such nonsense as literal fact should be denied a high school diploma. There were more than 3 other civilizations that predate that 6000-year date and I'm sure that would have been very surprised to see your god create the world in the middle of their week.

Your literalist idea comes from a 17th-century translation that was quickly was rejected.

I'm not aware of the leftist demands of the complaints that you are referring to. Which of your freedoms would be in jeopardy in these unsupported leftist demands?
Yes, I also think that belief is absurd.

The Big Bang is equally absurd.

What I do believe is that God created the Earth and Adam & Eve are the first human beings of the Bible. How exactly the passage of time fits into all that is beyond me.

I'm talking about Leftists going f****** nuts over what other people say. People have either stepped down or have been fired because of these hysterics.

Now, there's no law against one's freedoms when they speak their minds, but there are still potential threats that make people decide to keep their mouths shut. That sure as hell doesn't look like freedom -- in fact, it looks more like a threat against freedom.

Here's the fact that makes your entire point nonsense. Churches have zero rights to be a 501(c). They are legally allowed to because of the secular US tax code. All of your claims stand on that one fallacy. The only religious rights in America are protection from an established religion and a general right to worship as one pleases. Neither of these rights are absolute.
I agree. Tax policy has nothing to do with that

You think Adam and Eve were only 2000 years ago?

Bingo. What religious rights are you referring to? There are two. Establishment of religion or exercise of religion. Tax laws have zero to do with either. I'd go so far as to say the govt is violating all Americans rights regarding establishment of religion. Giving a tax break to an organization because they are a religious organization means that the govt is intruding on the establishment clause.

They are given the tax break because they are a non profit organization. Not because they are a church.

Some of these churches that take donations have pastors that live in million dollar homes and fly private jets

It's one hell of a scam and it's a business

No different than the founder of Black Lives matter buying 3 million dollar homes.

You think Adam and Eve were only 2000 years ago?
Nope. Do you think Adam and Eve were only 2,000 years ago?

No but that is what your psot implied
My post was more encompassing. Since Adam and Eve followed God during their lives and Jesus Christ did the same, that puts them all under the same umbrella.

It's ALL God's ALL the time, so Adam and Eve have to be considered as well.

My post was more encompassing. Since Adam and Eve followed God during their lives and Jesus Christ did the same, that puts them all under the same umbrella.

It's ALL God's ALL the time, so Adam and Eve have to be considered as well.
According to the Bible Adam and Eve were removed from the garden of Eden for not following God and were not and could not be Christians as Chritianity didnt exist until much later

According to the Bible Adam and Eve were removed from the garden of Eden for not following God and were not and could not be Christians as Chritianity didnt exist until much later
That's a misinterpretation. Adam & Eve did what they had to do. If they didn't, then you and I and everyone else wouldn't be here.

No, Adam & Eve remained faithful followers of God.

That's a misinterpretation. Adam & Eve did what they had to do. If they didn't, then you and I and everyone else wouldn't be here.

No, Adam & Eve remained faithful followers of God.
How would we not be here without them disobeying God?
They could not have been Christian before Christ existed

Back
Top Bottom