• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you support Covid vaccine passports?

Do you support Covid vaccine passports?

• Total voters
Yet....As soon as safety testing is done they will be eligible for vaccines too.

Some (age 12 and over) may soon be. The fact remains that young children are much more at risk from the seasonal flu than from COVID-19.

Some (age 12 and over) may soon be. The fact remains that young children are much more at risk from the seasonal flu than from COVID-19.
The fact is that the possibility of mutations of the coronavirus are far more a dangerous than any flu. We can't let is circulate among children until it becomes more deadly or resistant to the vaccine. You need to think more like an epidemiologist.

Couple things. First, no one is suggesting "internal passports". We are talking proof of vaccination domestically, which should be included on a passport when travelling abroad, during a global pandemic. Let's not get carried away.

Second: Ontario now faces it's third lockdown, wherein despite doing everything the right way, doing our part, we will have to close our business down a third time, after we've barely recovered from the second time. A 28 day lockdown a year into this thing. Because of the "freedumb" crowd. What about our "freedom"?? Those of us doing what needs to be done to get there as quickly and safely as possible?

Nah, man, this shit should be criminal, **** their freedom, entirely....because that's what they've said to me. It's not about "pursuit of wealth"...it's about survival, and putting food on the damn table. You know I love you, but there is a time for idealism, and there is a time for practicality...and there is a time for justice. One more time: **** their freedom. If one is prolonging a pandemic by being a stupid asshole, one should be removed to where they can't impact anyone else with their brain-dead dumbassery. I fully support every consequence they may face. Every consequence.

Didn't the government of Canada resently start virus camps for both their citizens and foreigners when entering or reentering Canada? I recently saw several people being interviewed who were in quarantine camps complaining about the lack of food and about shutting up when they bitched about the treatment they were receiving..

The fact is that the possibility of mutations of the coronavirus are far more a dangerous than any flu. We can't let is circulate among children until it becomes more deadly or resistant to the vaccine. You need to think more like an epidemiologist.
You must be a teacher or the leader of the Florida teacher's union to make comments like that. Possibility? really! Try what the CDC has said that there is little danger for children spreading the virus by going back to school.

Allow private companies to set the rules for it's own business....Yes. You want a dictatorship where the Govt. controls all business...YES!
What in the hell are you on about? They already do control all business... LOL

You must be a teacher or the leader of the Florida teacher's union to make comments like that. Possibility? really! Try what the CDC has said that there is little danger for children spreading the virus by going back to school.
This is what the CDC actually says about children in school.

COVID-19 transmission in schools is associated with community transmission. Transmission spread within schools can be limited with strict implementation of layered prevention strategies.14,32,34 When community rates of COVID-19 are high, there is an increased likelihood that SARS-CoV-2 will be introduced to, and potentially transmitted within, a school setting. Evidence to date suggests that when schools implement prevention strategies with fidelity, transmission within schools can be limited.

Reducing transmission in schools is a shared responsibility. A combination of effective prevention strategies (including consistent and correct use of masks; physical distancing; handwashing and respiratory etiquette; cleaning and maintaining healthy facilities; and contact tracing in combination with isolation and quarantine) implemented with strict adherence can limit transmission in the school setting. CDC has developed guidance for prevention strategies that K-12 school administrators can use to help protect students, teachers, and staff and slow the spread of COVID-19, as well as other tools and resources to assist with implementation of prevention strategies and returning to in-person learning.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/science/science-briefs/transmission_k_12_schools.html

There are too many movies about virus's mutating people into the undead or talking apes out there... people must think that they are documentaries...

Actually, I would appreciate that kind of consistency but when it comes to forcing people to do what lefties want them to, disparate impact on minority communities are completely acceptable.

I was required to produce a photo ID in order to receive the J & J vaccine here in VA. If requiring such ID for voting is racist, it would be consistent to declare the same ID for a vaccine racist as well.

There are too many movies about virus's mutating people into the undead or talking apes out there... people must think that they are documentaries...
So you have not heard of the multiple "variants" of the Covid 19 virus that have already appeared?

Viruses constantly change through mutation. Currently, several variants of the virus (SARS-CoV-2) that causes coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) are creating concern because they contain mutations in the spike-like S protein that the virus uses to bind to and infect cells. These variants include:

A variant identified in the U.K. (B.1.1.7). This COVID-19 variant appears to spread more easily and might have an increased risk of death.
  • A variant identified in South Africa (B.1.351). This variant appears to spread more easily. It also has a moderate impact on the effectiveness of monoclonal antibody medications and moderately reduces the effectiveness of antibodies generated by a previous COVID-19 infection or COVID-19 vaccine.
  • A variant identified in Japan/Brazil (P.1). This variant has a moderate impact on the effectiveness of monoclonal antibody medications. It also reduces the effectiveness of antibodies generated by a previous COVID-19 infection or a COVID-19 vaccine.
  • A variant identified in the U.S. (California) (B.1.427). This variant appears to spread more easily. It also has a significant impact on the effectiveness of some treatments and moderately reduces the effectiveness of antibodies generated by a previous COVID-19 infection or COVID-19 vaccine.
  • A variant identified in the U.S. (California) (B.1.429). This variant appears to spread more easily. It also has a significant impact on the effectiveness of some treatments and moderately reduces the effectiveness of antibodies generated by a previous COVID-19 infection or COVID-19 vaccine.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is also monitoring two variants identified in New York — B.1.526 and B.1.525 — and another variant identified in Brazil — P.2.

COVID-19 vaccines were developed based on the SARS-CoV-2 S protein before it had the mutations identified in these variants. While research suggests that COVID-19 vaccines have lower efficacy against the variants, the vaccines still appear to provide protection against severe COVID-19. Further research is needed.

In addition, vaccine manufacturers are also creating booster shots to improve protection against variants.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/expert-answers/covid-variant/faq-20505779

I was required to produce a photo ID in order to receive the J & J vaccine here in VA. If requiring such ID for voting is racist, it would be consistent to declare the same ID for a vaccine racist as well.

You guys will be very disappointed when ID is required and you still lose.

So you have not heard of the multiple "variants" of the Covid 19 virus that have already appeared?

Viruses constantly change through mutation. Currently, several variants of the virus (SARS-CoV-2) that causes coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) are creating concern because they contain mutations in the spike-like S protein that the virus uses to bind to and infect cells. These variants include:

A variant identified in the U.K. (B.1.1.7). This COVID-19 variant appears to spread more easily and might have an increased risk of death.
  • A variant identified in South Africa (B.1.351). This variant appears to spread more easily. It also has a moderate impact on the effectiveness of monoclonal antibody medications and moderately reduces the effectiveness of antibodies generated by a previous COVID-19 infection or COVID-19 vaccine.
  • A variant identified in Japan/Brazil (P.1). This variant has a moderate impact on the effectiveness of monoclonal antibody medications. It also reduces the effectiveness of antibodies generated by a previous COVID-19 infection or a COVID-19 vaccine.
  • A variant identified in the U.S. (California) (B.1.427). This variant appears to spread more easily. It also has a significant impact on the effectiveness of some treatments and moderately reduces the effectiveness of antibodies generated by a previous COVID-19 infection or COVID-19 vaccine.
  • A variant identified in the U.S. (California) (B.1.429). This variant appears to spread more easily. It also has a significant impact on the effectiveness of some treatments and moderately reduces the effectiveness of antibodies generated by a previous COVID-19 infection or COVID-19 vaccine.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is also monitoring two variants identified in New York — B.1.526 and B.1.525 — and another variant identified in Brazil — P.2.

COVID-19 vaccines were developed based on the SARS-CoV-2 S protein before it had the mutations identified in these variants. While research suggests that COVID-19 vaccines have lower efficacy against the variants, the vaccines still appear to provide protection against severe COVID-19. Further research is needed.

In addition, vaccine manufacturers are also creating booster shots to improve protection against variants.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/expert-answers/covid-variant/faq-20505779
The flu mutates most years too... I have not noticed any talking apes so far. Relax.

You guys will be very disappointed when ID is required and you still lose.

I believe I'll wait and see. Not much in politics surprises or disappoints me. The course of the country might, but political winds tend to swirl these days, so who knows which way the wind'll be blowing in the future?

Yep, and this thread is about COVID-19 vaccination “passports” which are (currently) not available to those under 16.
The covid vaccine is no different from other vaccines that are used to protect public health. If you insist on trying to separate it from other vaccines already in use, that's your call. Testing is already underway and many believe it will be ready for them by next fall.
"Several pharmaceutical companies are doing clinical trials in adolescents or young children. Pfizer was already testing its vaccine in kids aged 12 to 15, and it just announced results showing that its vaccine works very well at preventing COVID in this age group.* Moderna has been testing its vaccine in those aged 12 to 17. And this month both companies began trials in children aged six months to 11 years. Johnson & Johnson recently described plans to test its vaccine in young children and adolescents, too. "

Just as there are for covid vaccinations.
Then a passport is useless... not to mention invasive.

The only reason these stupid ideas are
floating about is two-fold... politicians
trying to justify their idiotic roles and
people are scared far beyond what is reasonable.

I believe I'll wait and see. Not much in politics surprises or disappoints me. The course of the country might, but political winds tend to swirl these days, so who knows which way the wind'll be blowing in the future?

However they swirl, it's almost a guarantee that Democrats will win at some point.

As a requirement for travel......no. As a convenience for travel, I would not have a problem with people carrying a copy of proof of vaccination in your passport to help speed you through the lines and checkpoints, much like the Real ID on Driver's licenses.

However they swirl, it's almost a guarantee that Democrats will win at some point.

It's also guaranteed the GOP will win at some point as well. Given that I have no idea how the political stage may look tomorrow, I generally don't do forecasts. The damnedest things happen - people die, do dumb things, someone starts a war - and the political calculus changes.

Didn't the government of Canada resently start virus camps for both their citizens and foreigners when entering or reentering Canada? I recently saw several people being interviewed who were in quarantine camps complaining about the lack of food and about shutting up when they bitched about the treatment they were receiving..

Camps? Not that I heard of, or was able to find in a Google search.... There is a mandatory quarantine process when entering the country, but not sure that they're shipping them off to camps, that would be sort of counter productive.

EDIT: Found this:

Apparently not...

Didn't the government of Canada resently start virus camps for both their citizens and foreigners when entering or reentering Canada? I recently saw several people being interviewed who were in quarantine camps
Here is a list of the "internment camps" the "prisoner" gets to choose from in Toronto. The "prisoner" can choose to drive themselves, take an airport bus or a limo. The "prisoner" can choose the set menu or upgrade. It was their choice to travel knowing full well what the restrictions are. Lots of choices happening based on their budget.

Then a passport is useless... not to mention invasive.

The only reason these stupid ideas are
floating about is two-fold... politicians
trying to justify their idiotic roles and
people are scared far beyond what is reasonable.
Really? Our school district denies entrance every year to kids that are not vaccinated. Covid was the third leading cause of death in America last year. Proof of vaccination is also a strong incentive to the knuckle-draggers (mostly, there are rare reasons not to be vaccinated) that aren't getting vaccinated. Wait until bars start denying admittance.

Back
Top Bottom