• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you support Covid vaccine passports?

Do you support Covid vaccine passports?

• Total voters

JANFU

Land by the Gulf Stream
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal

Yes, we're going to need them. If this pandemic has proven anything, it's that a loud minority of adults in this country lack the basic executive function to maintain physical safety for themselves and others.

I just love you guys. You would support such a thing, until it is determined that it disproportionally negatively affects blacks and the poor. Then, all of a sudden, it will be racist and social injustice.

Yes but not of this date. (3-31-21) I mean, a lot of people have not received their Vaccine shots through no fault of their own. Perhaps 3 months? 6 months?

I think if it allows businesses to relax restrictions for some people rather than for no one, then I don't really see a problem with that.

I put unsure, but will be a likely yes since half of this nation seem to be GD morons.

Yup. We already have vaccine passports for other disease. This should be no different.

I said no, assuming you meant that they be mandated by the government in some way. Too easy to fake, too many reasons they could be abused, and I don't think we should essentially be mandating that people take a vaccine that has not been approved by the FDA (unless perhaps we're willing to also do away with the FDA drug approval process).

That said, I have no problem with private certifications, and private businesses requiring them.

I just love you guys. You would support such a thing, until it is determined that it disproportionally negatively affects blacks and the poor. Then, all of a sudden, it will be racist and social injustice.

Mmm...nah, the issue there would be around availability of the vaccine in marginalized communities and demographics. This one's pretty easy to get to the bottom of, given the specificity of the issue and the response. If the vaccine can be demonstrated to be equally available across all demographics, then it would come down to personal choice, and if they are personally choosing to not take the vaccine, I'm not sure anyone's going to sympathize with them for whatever comes next.

As for the idea, I'm 100% for it. I hope that businesses will require proof of vaccination to enter their establishments, I hope that companies will make vaccination a requirement for employment, and I sure AF hope that vaccination becomes a requirement to enter my country, if no where else. If people want to be anti-social, they shouldn't be given the benefits of being in a society.

I said no, assuming you meant that they be mandated by the government in some way. Too easy to fake, too many reasons they could be abused, and I don't think we should essentially be mandating that people take a vaccine that has not been approved by the FDA (unless perhaps we're willing to also do away with the FDA drug approval process).

That said, I have no problem with private certifications, and private businesses requiring them.

If you or I sold a non-FDA drug claiming it would prevent or avoid a disease we'd go to prison. But in the new plutocratic controlled USA billionaires and billion dollar corporations are exempt from all laws. This not only from all FDA regulations, but from any liability whatsoever. Even if the company lied in their studies and knows their RNA modifier terribly harms people in the long run there is absolutely nothing you can do about. Can't sue. Can't do anything.

Most people and nearly all Democrats not only are slaves of the plutocrats, they demand being slaves and demand everyone else is too.

If you or I sold a non-FDA drug claiming it would prevent or avoid a disease we'd go to prison. But in the new plutocratic controlled USA billionaires and billion dollar corporations are exempt from all laws.

Don't be ridiculous. The vaccines have FDA EUAs. That good enough, and means people can use them if they want to. But that's a far cry from justifying essentially requiring people to use them.

Yep. Anti-vaxers are free to stay home and sew their bootstraps or whatever they like to do.

So do you think we should get rid of the FDA drug approval process?

If you or I sold a non-FDA drug claiming it would prevent or avoid a disease we'd go to prison. But in the new plutocratic controlled USA billionaires and billion dollar corporations are exempt from all laws. This not only from all FDA regulations, but from any liability whatsoever. Even if the company lied in their studies and knows their RNA modifier terribly harms people in the long run there is absolutely nothing you can do about. Can't sue. Can't do anything.

Most people and nearly all Democrats not only are slaves of the plutocrats, they demand being slaves and demand everyone else is too.

Is the sky ever not falling in your worldview?
It seems life for you is one long Rebel Without a Cause monologue.

Kinda like voter suppression efforts are designed to do?

The intent is clearly different.

I don't think it's the best idea, even though it would mean I get back to work as a.stagehand faster.

As mentioned above it punishes those who haven't been able to get one yet. And without widely available antibody tests to clear those who have had it and have antibodies it's unfair to them too.

But once everybody can have had the vaccine, it makes sense to prevent spread and the accompanying mutations.

I think you get a vax card when you innoculate. Why can't that be enough verification?

I think you get a vax card when you innoculate. Why can't that be enough verification?

Trusting passports is the current state...they already exist, no new infrastructure. Getting these cards up to that same standard seems like a bit of a waste of money, no? You'd need to make them air tight to where the country you are visiting would accept them...they already accept passports. This just seems like a more efficient solution.

How will it do that? You can still show your CDC issued vaccination card as an alternative. It's a great idea and here in NY we already have it on an app. It means that certain businesses, at their discretion can require a vaccine to enter their establishments. If you want to go in get a vaccination. If you don't want the vaccine find other places to go that do not require it. No infringement on privacy as it's not tied to any record except if you've been vaccinated and no paper trail where you've visited.

So do you think we should get rid of the FDA drug approval process?

Oh, cool, we're inventing arguments for one another. I'll go next.

So, you think that Mr. T should get his own holiday in which nobody's getting on a plane, Hannibal, and we all spend the day pitying the fools?

Trusting passports is the current state...they already exist, no new infrastructure. Getting these cards up to that same standard seems like a bit of a waste of money, no? You'd need to make them air tight to where the country you are visiting would accept them...they already accept passports. This just seems like a more efficient solution.

No, I'm saying that soon many domestic places may require proof of vaccination. Not everyone is able or willing to get passports, except to travel.

Is the sky ever not falling in your worldview?
It seems life for you is one long Rebel Without a Cause monologue.

Being a subject and servant of the plutocrats who tell you what you must do, may do and must not do, think and say certainly is easier, isn't it? On one level being devoted to being nobody is easy and required no hard work - like thinking. It seems life to you is furiously insisting everyone should surrender all rights and individuality as is the endless messages subjects - while proving your pure submissiveness. Since this is an anonymous forum I don't understand the latter.

Kinda like voter suppression efforts are designed to do?

The intent is clearly different.

I don't think it's the best idea, even though it would mean I get back to work as a.stagehand faster.

As mentioned above it punishes those who haven't been able to get one yet. And without widely available antibody tests to clear those who have had it and have antibodies it's unfair to them too.

But once everybody can have had the vaccine, it makes sense to prevent spread and the accompanying mutations.
The vax will be available to anyone over 16 by May 1st. Here in NY it's now 30+ but by April 6th anyone over 16 so by late June anyone who wants to have one should be able to be fully vaccinated and then we can swing open the country and have a nice summer!

Back
Top Bottom