• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you do Twitter?

Yes. I use Twitter and Facebook differently. Facebook is to keep in touch with friends, post personal pictures, talk about your day, --- light conversations.

Twitter is a whole other ballgame. Twitter is the place where breaking news happens. Twitter is the place where you can argue with a celebrity about politics. Twitter is the ultimate "soundbite" arena. Since your characters are limited, it's a quick take on what you and others think on different subjects. I don't use it for "Hey - I'm eating some watermelon and then I'm going to go ride my bike!" I use it for news and politics.

Facebook -- friends and family (don't talk politics or religion unless you want to start a fight).
Twitter -- everyone else

For me, Twitter is a lot like this forum.....only more chaotic. :)

LOL...."breaking news" as in one freind just finished a diet coke and is going to get another? Or someone just saw the "cutest pair of shoes" at whatever store of choice...or maybe "did you hear Justin B got a new tattoo!!" That breaking news? ;)

Once upon a time, if you needed breaking news you went to ABC NBC or CBS, back when they actually FOCUSED on real news. Now in this new "information age" EVERYTHING is breaking news.

I don't use twitter, facebook, or any social media including "text messaging"...which pisses off my freinds to no end. I just tell them if it's THAT important you can CALL me and tell me all about it.

Yes. I use twitter to get news and political updates, and also for laughs and comedy things.

You know which DPer definitely can't twitter? Zyphlin. No ****ing WAY he'd stand for a 140 character limit. He could handle a 140 paragraph limit... maybe... but no ****ing way he stops at 140 characters.

Last edited:
I very rarely will go look at certain Twitter feeds, but I don't use it myself. I find the format to be very confusing, so I just haven't really bothered with it.

You know which DPer definitely can't twitter? Zyphlin. No ****ing WAY he'd stand for a 140 character limit. He could handle a 140 paragraph limit... maybe... but no ****ing way he stops at 140 characters.

Hatuey said:
Conservatives: She isn't racist.
Liberals: Of course she's racist.
Libertarians: You don't have to work for her if she's racist.
Independents (with Conservative lean): This isn't racist because she asked nicely.
Independents (with Liberal lean): You guys kidding right?
Other & Unknown: Unintelligible post.
Zyphlin: 6,300 word essay.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/break...ed-black-staffers-dress-like-aunt-jemima.html

Haha. Poor Zyph...

I very rarely will go look at certain Twitter feeds, but I don't use it myself. I find the format to be very confusing, so I just haven't really bothered with it.

When I first got on there, I was so confused and thought it was just dumb. Now that I have the hang of it, it's fun. :)

I have two Twitter accounts, I rarely ever use them (mostly they get used for automated announcements) because I find most people on Twitter to be annoying, there is very little actual conversation, mostly it's just pithy comments and quotes that are not conducive to actual discussion. The 140-character barrier isn't that bad if you use services like TwitLonger, but you have to have someone worth talking to first and most of the time, there isn't. Now, I pretty much ignore it.

I would like to say you that i have an consideration and adhere to individuals but don't twitter update much. I sometimes use it as overview of views on splitting information or for comedy as there are some fairly funny individuals leaving comments on whatever is popular.

Do you do Twitter?
Only on the phone to my mother. Then I get to listen to her spew every last random thought at the speed of light for an hour, without taking a breath.

I try to make certain I have enough pharmaceuticals in my blood stream to avoid twittering , the shakes, hiccups...and Justin Beaver, Miley Soreass....it's a long list.

Only on the phone to my mother. Then I get to listen to her spew every last random thought at the speed of light for an hour, without taking a breath.
You may miss that, one day.

You may miss that, one day.

Good morning, humbolt. :2wave:

:agree: And I sure do, and would give nearly anything to be subjected to that again!

She lived with me after my Dad died, so to give her something to occupy her time, I got her a tape recorder, showed her how to use it, and asked her to tell us about her childhood and growing up. It took her months. I transcribed her tapes, made copies for my brothers and sister, and gave it to them as a surprise Christmas gift. They were delighted, and none of them will ever give those pages up! I just wish now that I had thought to have my Dad do the same! :thumbs:

Good morning, humbolt. :2wave:

:agree: And I sure do, and would give nearly anything to be subjected to that again!

She lived with me after my Dad died, so to give her something to occupy her time, I got her a tape recorder, showed her how to use it, and asked her to tell us about her childhood and growing up. It took her months. I transcribed her tapes, made copies for my brothers and sister, and gave it to them as a surprise Christmas gift. They were delighted, and none of them will ever give those pages up! I just wish now that I had thought to have my Dad do the same! :thumbs:
A day doesn't pass that I don't miss my folks. It's great that you were able to do that with your mother. I have no recordings of either of my parents, but I can hear them at almost any time if I pause for a minute, and remember. I was blessed to have such parents, and the blessing will continue with their good influence even though they are gone. It's really next to nothing at all to dismiss their minor idiosyncrasies when the total of their lives is before you.

I can always record her voice before she croaks.

I have a recording of both my Mom and my Dad, though they were not made with that in mind.

It's strange how over the years since they've been gone, I can still see their faces clear as day, but I can't voluntarily recall their voices... until I play those recordings. ;)

A day doesn't pass that I don't miss my folks. It's great that you were able to do that with your mother. I have no recordings of either of my parents, but I can hear them at almost any time if I pause for a minute, and remember. I was blessed to have such parents, and the blessing will continue with their good influence even though they are gone. It's really next to nothing at all to dismiss their minor idiosyncrasies when the total of their lives is before you.

Very beautifully said! :thumbs: I find that when I am not sure how to handle something, I just reflect a while, and start remembering what I was taught. I hope I do as well with my children! :peace:

l just keep in touch with few friends through my fake facebook account when l need to talk to them about a serious issue

and no twitter

both of them are quite annoying

Sometimes, but I'm not really into it.

#DP, #Posting, #Forums, #Reply, #NeatGuyPosting

I have a recording of both my Mom and my Dad, though they were not made with that in mind.

It's strange how over the years since they've been gone, I can still see their faces clear as day, but I can't voluntarily recall their voices... until I play those recordings. ;)
Most people are visual.

l understand how you feel

l understand how you feel too:mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom