• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you care if a social media companies' employees lean almost entirely to one side politically?

Do you care if a social media companies' employees lean almost entirely to one side politically?

• Yes, I care

• No, I don't care

• Something else

Results are only viewable after voting.
Provided it is not a monopoly, no I do not care

As there are lots of social media companies the political leaning of them is not an issue. People can move to use ones that they like

I care about as much as if they were all Christian, Muslim, or atheist. So long as it doesn't negatively impact service, no big deal. If it does, I'll go elsewhere.

Already did this once before when I left a different forum to come here. Their moderation was an absolute shitshow of partisan nonsense, and the attitude was "Go somewhere else if you don't like it." So I did.

…..and of course anybody who dosent like the lean of their social media is free at anytime to leave it. Life dosent require a social media account to be good. I don’t fakebook, never have. I don’t tweet, never have. Occasionally come here to impart my wisdom on the masses.

And almost 400 million people on one platform, almost 75 million of them from the US won’t have any affect on anything whatsoever.

…..and of course anybody who dosent like the lean of their social media is free at anytime to leave it. Life dosent require a social media account to be good. I don’t fakebook, never have. I don’t tweet, never have. Occasionally come here to impart my wisdom on the masses.

I like Facebook market place, I have gotten some good deals of it. I stay away from any political aspects of Facebook as it just proves a
how moronic most people are

Try to imagine why I posted Google pages rather than links to various articles. :rolleyes:
Try to imagine me spending any more time following your links……….

Try to imagine me spending any more time following your links……….
If there had been a Google icon to post as my only reply, I would have used that rather than taking the time to Google for you, LOL.

If there had been a Google icon to post as my only reply, I would have used that rather than taking the time to Google for you, LOL.
You don’t see the irony of what I found on the first site that I opened that you used to support your argument?

Edit: needs some commas………that’s your fault….

Look at the first article that comes up in my google search from your link:

:mad:

They cleverly avoided any mention of sponsors of terror (such as the leadership of Iran or the Taliban) not being considered to be extremists worthy of being banned.

I don't care if it doesn't impact how they run their platform. And I don't care if their platform is small. When their platform becomes large enough that it becomes a critical part of how people communicate and their political bias affects how they run the platform, then I care.

Does that apply to Fox "News"?

They cleverly avoided any mention of sponsors of terror (such as the leadership of Iran or the Taliban) not being considered to be extremists worthy of being banned.

I don’t follow, Tex. NB supported her argument with two pages of google links and the first one I opened didn’t back up her position. What are you arguing?

Does that apply to Fox "News"?

Not the the same extent, no. A TV network is a means to (mis)inform or entertain people, but it's not so much a platform for people to communicate with each other.

As far as how it's used, Twitter is closer to a phone network than a TV network or radio station.

You don’t see the irony of what I found on the first site that I opened that you used to support your argument?

Edit: needs some commas………that’s your fault….
Commas, you say? Oh, my, let's discuss!

Tell me what you think, and then I'll let you know whether you're mistaken.

I don’t follow, Tex. NB supported her argument with two pages of google links and the first one I opened didn’t back up her position. What are you arguing?

That representatives of the Taliban and Iran have certainly promoted terrorism, yet remain active on Twitter.

That representatives of the Taliban and Iran have certainly promoted terrorism, yet remain active on Twitter.
Which has nothing to do with the poster I was responding to……

Back
Top Bottom