• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you care if a social media companies' employees lean almost entirely to one side politically?

Do you care if a social media companies' employees lean almost entirely to one side politically?

• Yes, I care

• No, I don't care

• Something else

Results are only viewable after voting.
When they can control the out come of elections by censuring opposing opinions, that to help one candidate over another yes...but being on the outside since I don't do Twitter or Facebook I really don't have a dog in that fight.
When Musk has complete control I may consider Twitter to express my opinion. Maybe.
Do you let social media or peoples opinions influence how you vote?

Something else. Let’s just say for shitz and giggles that one real real,big social media company had a majority of its employees are liberals. These liberals didn’t like a very powerful man, who shall remain nameless, but was from a Conservative party. Let’s call him orangeman. The libs at the company were mad cause orangeman was a big old meany so they banned him. But they let blm, antifa, CCP, leaders of taliban and other middle eastern countrys post freely while knowing they treat women like shit and ccp members violate Yugars and others rights and freedoms.
so as long as they don’t do that I’m good. But if you block the Orangeman, certain R senators, certain conservative reporters…….then Hell no
What if that real big social media company is privately owned? Do you have the right to tell them how they should operate? No you do not, your choices are to play along, or find another site to your liking. Unless you think it's ok for me to come to tour house and spend a few hours extolling the virtues of Joe Biden.

What if that real big social media company is privately owned? Do you have the right to tell them how they should operate? No you do not, your choices are to play along, or find another site to your liking. Unless you think it's ok for me to come to tour house and spend a few hours extolling the virtues of Joe Biden.
Is your private company traded on the open stock market? The hypothetical one I mentioned is traded on the public markets.

Voted "No, I don't care" because what's more important are the policies and how they are enforced.

Is your private company traded on the open stock market? The hypothetical one I mentioned is traded on the public markets.
So is Ford Motor company, but you get no input on the design of the latest Mustang.

Do you care if a social media company had employees that were almost entirely on the right or left politically? Please vote and discuss!
as long as the rules are applied equally, their personal politics means nothing to me.

Oops, if you work for FMC my analogy just went bust. Do you work on the corvette? If not I'll substitute GM for Ford.
I’m in Detroit. My neighbor is a design engineer for Ford. I’ve been privy to many design innovations over the years. He often asks my opinions.

Wait…wait. You say that a privately held company can pretty much do as it wants, right?

I’m in Detroit. My neighbor is a design engineer for Ford. I’ve been privy to many design innovations over the years. He often asks my opinions.
I was born and raised in suburban Detroit and most of my family is retired from 1 of the big 3. As far as input in design, One of my uncles was an engineer at GM's proving grounds, so he probably had some input.

I managed to combine being a politically active trade union member without ever compromising my healthcare professional standards. I would expect people to do their jobs to the best of their abilities whatever their political bent.

Wait…wait. You say that a privately held company can pretty much do as it wants, right?
No, I didn't say that, you just did. I said your choice if you don't like the way a company is run, is to choose another company to deal with. I don't have a dog in this fight since I don't use any social media, but if I were pissed at the way twitter is run, I would go to Parler or truth social instead of bitching about
twitter.

No, I didn't say that, you just did. I said your choice if you don't like the way a company is run, is to choose another company to deal with. I don't have a dog in this fight since I don't use any social media, but if I were pissed at the way twitter is run, I would go to Parler or truth social instead of bitching about
twitter.
The right believes that people shouldn't be allowed to run their businesses the way they like.

They need oversight, apparently.

twitter.
And I agree with this. I’m not on twitter. Or Fakebook. Never have been. Just hope The libs at twitter don’t get their pantys in a twist if the new twitter starts deleting leftie accounts. I’m sure it won’t happen but if it does the libs only have themselves to blame. I call it fair play.

I was born and raised in suburban Detroit and most of my family is retired from 1 of the big 3. As far as input in design, One of my uncles was an engineer at GM's proving grounds, so he probably had some input.
When my Father in law retired many years ago, he ran the design staff at GM Tech center in Warren, Mi. He worked on Vette designs starting in like 1963.

When my Father in law retired many years ago, he ran the design staff at GM Tech center in Warren, Mi. He worked on Vette designs starting in like 1963.
My wife's uncle worked on the Apollo program.

Ask me anything about space travel.

Oh so wrong you are. I do have imput on the Mustang.
This is the internet; FORD?

You coulda been a contender!

Rolls Royce, Maybach, Ferrari……..no, I have input with FORD…..:cool:

Do you care if a social media company had employees that were almost entirely on the right or left politically? Please vote and discuss!
I do if they are making operating decisions in the company and those are about who to keep off social media because of political reasons.

Back
Top Bottom