• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Do you believe in ghosts?????

easyt65 said:
Thanks Apostle, I think you are right about sharing with my mom.

In another direction, I think God sends Angels down sometimes to intervene/help, yet i am not sure about THIS one.

I heard a story on the History Channel about an English officer (Brit) from WWII talking about how he and his group were fighting against the Germans. They were outnumbered and backed in some type of valley t- the German Army within sight, coming straight on, with tanks and infantry. He said he called to his troops to kneel and pray, which they did. After they finished, they stood up and prepared to fight to the last man.

The Brit Commander said all of a sudden the German troops stopped - their troops looked frightened, and they all began to turn and run. The tanks wheeled around and began to retreat. The Brit soldiers began to cheer, but the Brit Commander turned to try to find what had made them retreat. He said that he saw behind them, floating some 30 feetin the air, was what he called an Angel: Larger than any person, some 3-4 times as big, flowing gold and white robes, huge white wings, golden flowing hair, brandishing a sword in huge sword in one hand and a shied in the other. He said she was there for only a minute or so more before vanishing but that he was not the only other person to see it, as others in his unit witnessed it too.

The History channel even tracked down a soldier in the German Amy who had been there that day. They had him on the show as well, and he told of how they had boxed in the Brits and were ordered to kill them to the last man. He, too, told of how they had crested the hill to find the Brits waiting for their deaths....when suddenly a 'vision' appeared above the Brittish army....an 'Angelic Knight', nearly as bright as the sun and holding aloft a huge sword and shield. He said at that sight, the Germans broke and ran, not willing to fight anyone with such a protector.

I saw the show, but I can not say that I believe the story...but I dare not say that it did not happen, either.

This freaky stuff happens, but no one knows what it really means. Hell, it could be aliens... or even a comedy show from the future that goes back in time and scares the crap out of people for a cheap laugh.

Sir_Alec said:
This freaky stuff happens, but no one knows what it really means. Hell, it could be aliens... or even a comedy show from the future that goes back in time and scares the crap out of people for a cheap laugh.

Dude, what are smoking?

:rofl Now THAT would be funny!

Tonight we're going back to 2006 where we are gonna pop into Donkey's closet, appearing as Big Foot smoking a joint to see if we can cause Donkey to wet himself! :shock: :lol:

easyt65 said:
:rofl Now THAT would be funny!

Tonight we're going back to 2006 where we are gonna pop into Donkey's closet, appearing as Big Foot smoking a joint to see if we can cause Donkey to wet himself! :shock: :lol:

Naw, I'd pull the S&W from under my pillow and shoot the son-of-a-bitch!:mrgreen:

I don't tolerate trespassers on my property!

Donkey1499 said:
Naw, I'd pull the S&W from under my pillow and shoot the son-of-a-bitch!:mrgreen:

I don't tolerate trespassers on my property!

Great! Then you'd have alien ghosts haunting your pad! :lol:

apostle13,

One night my step son was saying demons were invading him and started talking in tongues or Latin or some kind or bizarre language. My seven year old who goes to a Catholic school starting praying with the Catholic cross. I put my hands on his head and prayed as well. His eyes were like demons....I stated directly in his or whomever's eyes "You don't scare me, in the name of the father get out of my home".

It didn't stop, I almost got a catholic priest that lives a block away to come over. Between my son and I praying and getting out a bible, he stopped his behavior due to whatever and ended up in tears...... What do you make of that?????? I was totally freaked out.

alphieb said:
apostle13,

One night my step son was saying demons were invading him and started talking in tongues or Latin or some kind or bizarre language. My seven year old who goes to a Catholic school starting praying with the Catholic cross. I put my hands on his head and prayed as well. His eyes were like demons....I stated directly in his or whomever's eyes "You don't scare me, in the name of the father get out of my home".

It didn't stop, I almost got a catholic priest that lives a block away to come over. Between my son and I praying and getting out a bible, he stopped his behavior due to whatever and ended up in tears...... What do you make of that?????? I was totally freaked out.

Maybe he drank some kool-aid.

alphieb said:
apostle13,

I got nothing Angelface, maybe not enough detail..? Seems as though your quick and faithfilled actions could well have prevented/averted a worse scenario. I can say that I have heard similiar stories... How old was your stepson at the time?

Last edited:
No.

Here is why :

1. I've never seen one.
2. The people who tell me they have tend to be a) liars b)"story tellers" (read:liars)
3. If ghost where real there should be about 200 billion of them, give or take a few billion. Lots of people have died since man has been around. Where are all the ghost?

Ghosts, schmosts! They don't exist and never .... Hey! What's that?? What are you??? Stay back!!! Omigod!!! NO! NO! EEEYYYYARGHHHH......uh.........uh...........

alphieb said:
apostle13,

Complex partial seizures. They have been implicated in case studies in people misdiagnosed as schizophrenics or supposed demonic possessions. They may run their course and disappear without treatment.

Last edited:
alphamale said:
Ghosts, schmosts! They don't exist and never .... Hey! What's that?? What are you??? Stay back!!! Omigod!!! NO! NO! EEEYYYYARGHHHH......uh.........uh...........

There's a ghost I could befriend!:mrgreen:

massive_attack said:
No.

Here is why :

1. I've never seen one.
2. The people who tell me they have tend to be a) liars b)"story tellers" (reads)
3. If ghost where real there should be about 200 billion of them, give or take a few billion. Lots of people have died since man has been around. Where are all the ghost?
The most common explanations are that ghosts are here on their way to their final destination-that their presence is their purgatory. They have unfinished business on earth-whether to stay and resolve issues they could not fix while of earthly form(like my grandmother) or the belief that they must stay and keep watch over what was once theirs.

Do you believe in ghosts?

Nope. Not at all.
Nor don’t believe in Bigfoot or the Lock Ness monster.

The old saying goes, “Extraordinary claims requires extraordinary evidence”

Folks may be interested in checking out the American Association of Electronic Voice Phenomena, the work of Brendan Cook & Barbara McBeath or my personal favorite, Lou Gentile:

Trained as a demonologist by Ed Warren, Lou Gentile said he assists at exorcisms and serves to catalog and study the hierarchies of the demonic. Among the unusual phenomena he's observed are shadows merging into one entity and the levitation of a man who went from a sitting position into suddenly flying into a refrigerator.

Gentile claimed that he can get EVPs (electronic voice phenomena) any time he turns on his recorder and has had particular success using the Panasonic digital recorder, (model RR-DR60). For him, the recorder acts as a bridge between our world and the spirit world-- he even gets anomalous recordings inside his car. He played a number of these EVPs as well as spirit recordings, including one of a woman inhabited by a demon, who said in a haunting low voice "God's not in here."

Because of his gift in obtaining EVPs, Gentile said he has entered James Randi's $1,000,000 paranormal challenge. He believes he can win it because of his ability to consistently and repeatedly gather these unexplained sounds (though Randi claims EVPs are errant shortwave signals).
Source
Membership required to listen to interview.

galenrox said:
Man, I totally believe in ghosts.

My buddies and I used to ghost hunt all the time back in high school. There was this place off the Skokie Lagoons we called "The Spot", and you would not believe the **** that I saw there (taken in tandem with the fact that I was yet to start regularly smoking pot).

This one time me and my buddy Fatty were driving around, and we were driving up to the street you turn on to go to the Spot. Then I heard a voice of a kid in my ear saying "Don't stay", so I quickly turned towards the Spot, and told Fatty about the voice, and that we were gonna stick around till we saw something good. So we pull up to the place where I always parked my car, and we killed the lights. Then I looked across the street and saw this kid sitting on this garbage can. I checked and made sure Fatty could see the kid, which he could. Then this car approached, and as soon as the garbage can was lit by the headlights the kid disappeared, but as soon as the car left the kid was back.

Then I look at Fatty, and I see in his window in fog an incredibly detailed wolf's face. So I reccomended that we left. When I got home I saw the wolf's face again in one of my folks's living room windows, and apparently Fatty heard the kid's voice in his folks's TV room that night.

I know it's anti-climactic, but c'est la vie. I've got lots of stories like this, cause we did this **** all the time.
Well **** guy, lets hear 'um!!

That one was creepy.....I love it!

Wooooooooooo................Wooooooooooooo.................Woooooooooooooooo..........I am Alpha's ghost - come back to haunt you!.....Woooooooo.........

alphamale said:
Wooooooooooo................Wooooooooooooo.................Woooooooooooooooo..........I am Alpha's ghost - come back to haunt you!.....Woooooooo.........

Yea, yea, we get it....you don't believe in any of it....got anything else to offer?:roll:

galenrox said:
.....It turns out the spot is a place where the mob likes to dump bodies......So I go back to looking for the body when I hear the water running louder, and I turn around to see several of these silouettes......So he turns to me and says "If you're not in the car before I can drive off, you're ****ing walking!" and we book.
L
O
L

Seeing is believing, am I right?
Ever had one interact with you?

cherokee said:
The old saying goes, “Extraordinary claims requires extraordinary evidence”

thats not an old saying, thats Carl Sagan. ;)

alphamale said:

This is frightening but alpha and I are on the same wavelength for once.

When I was 10 I spent a great deal of time hangin' with my cousin at my grandparents home. My grandmother, mother, and two of my aunts every weekday at 4:00pm would sit together at Mamarene's(grandmother) dining room table and play the Ouija board... While him and I would play outside. This went on for as long as I could remember, up until one day my mother and one of my aunts got saved, and ultimately convicted of this ritual, citing it's demonic nature as reason enough to stop.
Two years, give or take, later my cousin and I were again at my grandparents home. While we sat at the same table we began to hear what sounded like scratching noises in the adjacent pantry/broom closet... Just then Mamarene says to us, "There goes them rats again. I've set traps bait(poison) and can never seem to kill them let alone see them." All the while she was talking the noise seemed to intensify... My cousin, being the older and braver of the two of us, crept up and sprang open the door... A broom handle fell out causing a false scare... The noise continued. We quickly determined it was coming from the top shelf, and eventually that it was coming from inside a flat rectangular box... "Mice," he said... "A rat could never fit in here." Gently he took down the dust covered box and set it atop the table... "Oh, thats that old Ouija your mama's and I use to play," exclaimed Mamarene... The noises continued. Finally we settled on a plan... My cousin would lift the lid off the box and I would smash the mouse/mice inside with a very large Webster's unabridged dictionary. Although Mamarene was cool with that she insisted we take it out by the pool to do it in case I missed and it/they escaped... So again, gently, he transported it, this time poolside... The noises continued still. I traded the dictionary for a flathead shovel, and we are ready to execute our plan, as well as, the rodent(s)... He lifts the lid and I'm psyched for murder... That's when we freaked! The Ouija board was face up at us and the little thing you put your fingers on was moving all about it. Mamarene turned white as a sheet and ran in the house, us not far behind. When we got inside she told us that the noises always started at the same time around 4pm and usually didn't last more than an hour and Papa-Bill would never believe her when she told him there were rats in the closet cause on the weekends when he was home at that particular time they would never hear them. Then she reminded us that every weekday at 4pm they would interact with it, while at about the same time they stopped, the noises started.

Last edited:
Apostle13 said:
I got nothing Angelface, maybe not enough detail..? Seems as though your quick and faithfilled actions could well have prevented/averted a worse scenario. I can say that I have heard similiar stories... How old was your stepson at the time?

My husband is a lot older than me. He was 27. He always claims he is possesed, maybe he is suffering from schizophrenia.

Apostle13 said:
When I was 10 I spent a great deal of time hangin' with my cousin at my grandparents home. My grandmother, mother, and two of my aunts every weekday at 4:00pm would sit together at Mamarene's(grandmother) dining room table and play the Ouija board... While him and I would play outside. This went on for as long as I could remember, up until one day my mother and one of my aunts got saved, and ultimately convicted of this ritual, citing it's demonic nature as reason enough to stop.
Two years, give or take, later my cousin and I were again at my grandparents home. While we sat at the same table we began to hear what sounded like scratching noises in the adjacent pantry/broom closet... Just then Mamarene says to us, "There goes them rats again. I've set traps bait(poison) and can never seem to kill them let alone see them." All the while she was talking the noise seemed to intensify... My cousin, being the older and braver of the two of us, crept up and sprang open the door... A broom handle fell out causing a false scare... The noise continued. We quickly determined it was coming from the top shelf, and eventually that it was coming from inside a flat rectangular box... "Mice," he said... "A rat could never fit in here." Gently he took down the dust covered box and set it atop the table... "Oh, thats that old Ouija your mama's and I use to play," exclaimed Mamarene... The noises continued. Finally we settled on a plan... My cousin would lift the lid off the box and I would smash the mouse/mice inside with a very large Webster's unabridged dictionary. Although Mamarene was cool with that she insisted we take it out by the pool to do it in case I missed and it/they escaped... So again, gently, he transported it, this time poolside... The noises continued still. I traded the dictionary for a flathead shovel, and we are ready to execute our plan, as well as, the rodent(s)... He lifts the lid and I'm psyched for murder... That's when we freaked! The Ouija board was face up at us and the little thing you put your fingers on was moving all about it. Mamarene turned white as a sheet and ran in the house, us not far behind. When we got inside she told us that the noises always started at the same time around 4pm and usually didn't last more than an hour and Papa-Bill would never believe her when she told him there were rats in the closet cause on the weekends when he was home at that particular time they would never hear them. Then she reminded us that every weekday at 4pm they would interact with it, while at about the same time they stopped, the noises started.

oh thats so freaky! one time me and my friends were doing a Ouija board at her house. Now her house is really haunted like doors flying open, stuff flying across the room type of stuff. So us being stupid we started messing with it, asking stupid questions like who am I gonna married type stuff when we decided to get it going. We asked for a sign to show that he was really there. All of a sudden there were these heavy footsteps down the hall and we looked and there was no one there. They kept coming opening doors on the way down the hall towards us then suddenly stopped. Then the phone rang and we all jumped a mile. We looked on the caller ID but nothing came up so my friend answered and there was just this weird heavy breathing. So then she hung up and dialed *69 but it wouldn't do nothing. We were freaked out so we threw it in the backyard trash can then just didn't talk about it. During the night I woke up to here stuff moving all around outside the door to my friend's room in the basement. In the morning we woke up and all the furniture was moved to the middle of the room and the Ouija board was right in the middle. We ripped it up and broke it into pieces. The only person in her house who could have moved all the furniture was her dad but he swore up and down he didn't and her mom said he didn't leave the room all night. Plus they came in late so we never mentioned we were messing around with a Ouija board until that morning. It was totally scary and I hardly ever went back to her house and I will never touch a Ouija board again.

Back
Top Bottom