• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do You Believe In Ghost Sightings??

If I saw a ghost... I.E, someone who has passed and lives on, many of my worries of life would be silenced.

If I saw a ghost... I.E, someone who has passed and lives on, many of my worries of life would be silenced.

Maybe. Seems like kind of a terrible afterlife though, if you ask me.

Spending the rest of eternity hanging around one place would be sort of depressing.

Spending the rest of eternity hanging around one place would be sort of depressing.
It's a bit subjective. Even a painful existence to me is considerably less terrifying than non-existence.

So I was on youtube just watching a bunch of different stuff and this one video came up about ghost sightings and pictures. Watched it and then a few more. To me most of the stuff is false and was made. Only a few of the pictures I saw actually looked real. So what's your opinion on ghost sightings? Have you ever had a real life experience??

I've had experiences with both ghosts and UFO's.

I'm not 100% sold on the fact that all gosts are dead people, but I'm 100% convinced "ghosts" exist and aliens certainly exist.

I agree. Real depressing. I don't see how Christians could really believe in ghosts. Kind of goes against the whole Heaven or Hell thingy. Don't you think?

Never seen a ghost however been to a couple of concentration camps and battlefields where I felt the sense of foreboding and felt very cold and empty. Probably just my mind because I knew something terrible had happened but their was strange feel to these places.

I agree. Real depressing. I don't see how Christians could really believe in ghosts. Kind of goes against the whole Heaven or Hell thingy. Don't you think?

Pretty much. Though, if one were being charitable, I suppose they could argue that ghosts might possibly be souls in purgatory.

Or worse, it could turn out to be the case that being doomed to remain on earth forever reliving your past mistakes over and over again might actually be "Hell."

It's sort of hard to say, really. Most of what Christ said on the subject was rather vague. :shrug:

Pretty much. Though, if one were being charitable, I suppose they could argue that ghosts might possibly be souls in purgatory.

Or worse, it could turn out to be the case that being doomed to remain on earth forever reliving your past mistakes over and over again might actually be "Hell."

It's sort of hard to say, really. Most of what Christ said on the subject was rather vague. :shrug:

Well hopefully there would be other doomed souls to talk to. :lol:

Well hopefully there would be other doomed souls to talk to. :lol:

You guys could share tips on how to best freak out the fat reality tv weirdoes who insist on snooping around your houses with digital cameras every other night. :lamo

Last edited:
You guys could share tips on how to best freak out the fat reality tv weirdoes who insist on snooping around your houses with digital cameras every other night. :lamo

What makes you think I'll be a doomed soul? Maybe they'll be at YOUR house. ;) Seriously though, I would do that.

My family were probably the only Catholics in my area who believed in ghosts, on account of growing up in a haunted house. Ghosts and hauntings are a normal part of life for me, like other practical every day things. Asking if I "believe" is irrelevant, as belief is reserved for people who don't really know one way or another.

If I happen to be in someone's house when a ghostly thing happens, I am so non-chalant about it, while everyone else is having heart attacks. It's always a good laugh. Mind you, I would vastly prefer to never live in a haunted house again due to the occasional creep factor. But mostly, it was novel.

Lol. Sorry. I was making use of the rhetorical "you" rather than the specific variety. :3oops:

Lol! I don't really care, I'm just joking with you! :)

But really, if I was doomed, that sounds really boring, so why not mess with all the people? I'm doomed anyways. :lol:

I have been around. Seen lots of supposedly very haunted places. An old abandoned asylum/TB ward, Fairfield hills. A supposedly haunted Forrest with a burnt out village called Dudley town. A slew of old plantations down south. I have not one, ever, seen, heard, or felt anything that qualifies as super natural. I want to believe.

But I need evidence. I've tried evp, cameras, both film and digital, I even spent the night in an OLD graveyard said to be one of the most haunted in the US, in NY. Fell asleep, didn't even have a bad dream.

Of note, it's the official position of the RCC that there are no such things as ghosts, only demons masquerading as such to gain confidance.

I live in Leavenworth, Kansas...bordering Missouri - the "show me" state.

I have to see it, to believe it.

My family were probably the only Catholics in my area who believed in ghosts, on account of growing up in a haunted house. Ghosts and hauntings are a normal part of life for me, like other practical every day things. Asking if I "believe" is irrelevant, as belief is reserved for people who don't really know one way or another.

If I happen to be in someone's house when a ghostly thing happens, I am so non-chalant about it, while everyone else is having heart attacks. It's always a good laugh. Mind you, I would vastly prefer to never live in a haunted house again due to the occasional creep factor. But mostly, it was novel.

Do you experience ghostly phenomena often? How do you differentiate between mundane things that simply go "bump in the night" with no greater supernatural cause and the real deal?

Lol! I don't really care, I'm just joking with you! :)

But really, if I was doomed, that sounds really boring, so why not mess with all the people? I'm doomed anyways. :lol:

Fortunately for both of us potential doomed souls, I just so happen to know a guy who specializes in that kind of thing. All you've got to do is say his name three times fast. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Fortunately for both of us potential doomed souls, I just so happen to know a guy who specializes in that kind of thing. All you've got to do is say his name three times fast. :mrgreen:

Don't say it! :shock:

What about that...bloody Mary chick? LOL

Oh hellz no! :shock:

I thought we were trying to scare these people, not horribly murder them all. :lol:

Maybe I'm a ghost with a grudge. :rofl

I've heard of that one. Haven't seen any of them though, except Beetlejuice.

Go into the bathroom with the door closed, light off with a candle. Look in the mirror and say bloody Mary three times and she'll blow the candle out after she appears in the mirror...blood holes where her eyes should be.

Go into the bathroom with the door closed, light off with a candle. Look in the mirror and say bloody Mary three times and she'll blow the candle out after she appears in the mirror...blood holes where her eyes should be.

Okay, I'll go do that right now. :lol:

Aren't you supposed to turn around three times fast too?

I'm guessing that you probably don't use the candle for that version. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom