• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do Women Fall For Men Too Easily

I can admit to being controlling and jealous at times. That's part of my personality, it doesn't encompass all of who I am either in or out of a relationship. That said, those are flaws I can live with. I would rather be controlling and jealous than be some chump.

I learned from experience that when it comes to women, a man has to take what he wants. Don't beat around the bush, and never apologize for who and what you are.

Women can be ruthless if you, as a man, don't take control and lay down the law. However, if you're strong and firm, the most ruthless woman can turn in to a dove and treat you how you deserve to be treated.

There is an inherent tension between men and women anyway. That's what gives rise to passion and desire. Without that, relationships would be boring. My feeling is that I as a man have the opportunity to grab life by the reigns, take what I want, and to hell with the rest. If one of us is going to take charge of the tension, maybe even introduce it, it's going to be me. And I enjoy being in control. So sue me.

Some woman ripped out your heart and stomped on it before walking away, did she? :lol:

"Fixation"? I don't see fixation in my original post, simply are request for input on women falling in love at the drop of a hat. Please do not feel sorry for me even though you went to the point where you felt compelled to add that to your post. I'm in my silver years and lovin' evry minute of it.

Cool beans. As for women falling in love at the drop of a hat, I dunno. In my experience, men do that just as often.

As a life-long bachelor and now in my mid sixties I look back at the many dates and brief relationships I have had and always wonder why women appear to be so willing to remain on the relationship until I (or any man) ends it. It's is like as long as they are loved then they will love back. It is as if they are willing to settle for anything that resembles a guy that may care for them. Women are often accused of marrying guys with the intention they can change them and I always laugh at that. Change them from what to what?! Chime in women because I would truley like to read one clear cut reason for my suspicion.

Women seem to try harder in the relationship and don't know to break it off for there own benefit , if something goes wrong they forget to easily and don't see back into the past when it happened 3 times already . ( not Just women my father seemed to have this problem )

Putting myself in your shoes...if someone i didn't know came out and said they were dating a Russian model, on an Internet message board no less, I would probably think they were full of it too.

I take your disbelief as flattery, and I'm not offended.

I met Sviatlana at a bar. She was wearing skintight leopard pants and I thought her ass looked terrific, so I walked up and told her that I loved her pants. She smiled and thought I was complementing her fashion taste and went on a long rant about fabric. We laugh about it today.

You are slowly gravitating towards contempt of women. Curious.

Interesting choice of word, "contempt". I do have a huge contempt for stupid decisions, both mine and others. What eats at me is people that don't take the time or make the effort to look at the facts before they plunge head first in to a situation. I have known way too many unhappy men and women (more women than men) in my life and in almost every case I shake my head at what they do to themselves only to regret it later. I am proud to say I am much better at shutting my pie hole about it as I was not so reserved in my younger days. I just hate waste and to waste precious years of ones life scratches me in the worst of ways. There are only a few good things good about aging but wisdom through experience is a blessed thing to behold.

Putting myself in your shoes...if someone i didn't know came out and said they were dating a Russian model, on an Internet message board no less, I would probably think they were full of it too.

I take your disbelief as flattery, and I'm not offended.

I met Sviatlana at a bar. She was wearing skintight leopard pants and I thought her ass looked terrific, so I walked up and told her that I loved her pants. She smiled and thought I was complementing her fashion taste and went on a long rant about fabric. We laugh about it today.

Well then good luck.

Older women aren't full of love dreams as they have seen enough. Don't loose sight of the age women start playing "house" with little dolls. They plan their weddings when they are young teenagers voting on the "cutest" guy type stuff in Hollywood movie magazines. Companionship maybe but up front knowing I have never married once they are over the initial questioning as to why not then it's easy sailing. My attorney fixed me up with her friend, a woman my age that.....are you ready? Has never married either! She is a retired professional with an outrageous sense of humor which I adore and we have a blast together. She is an avid golfer and theater goer while I hunt and fish so we don't see each other alot but we have fun doing next to nothing sometimes.

You are making some silly generalisations of women and love and the rest... I didn't play house with dolls at any age. I didn't plan a wedding as a young teenager, I was listening to music, dancing and hanging out and having fun with my friends. Not ony are you generalising but you are 'projecting' to boot. Your ideas of women and how they think and act is laughable. Truly. You actually sound like someone who hasn't engaged women much, given your trite generalisations of women. Your 'fluffy' thoughts about women are silly and misplaced.

What do you care how others live so long as you like how you're living? Anyway, I think you protest too much. Overselling your position to convince yourself, most likely...

You are making some silly generalisations of women and love and the rest... I didn't play house with dolls at any age. I didn't plan a wedding as a young teenager, I was listening to music, dancing and hanging out and having fun with my friends. Not ony are you generalising but you are 'projecting' to boot. Your ideas of women and how they think and act is laughable. Truly. You actually sound like someone who hasn't engaged women much, given your trite generalisations of women. Your 'fluffy' thoughts about women are silly and misplaced.

What do you care how others live so long as you like how you're living? Anyway, I think you protest too much. Overselling your position to convince yourself, most likely...

"I was listening to music, dancing and hanging out and having fun with my friends"
My, you must be a real intersting person now!!

I think people should live together before they get married. That way you get to know the person, their bad and quirky habits, etc. before you take the plunge. IMO, it would be stupid to just go off and marry someone that you barely know, and you barely know someone that you haven't shared a living area with.

It's only common sense. Just think, if you've ever had terrible roommates, how you thought you liked them and how you thought it would work out. Then you live with them for a couple of months and realize that you can't stand them. :lol: Same thing for marriage IMO. You have to make sure you're compatible in that way.

Interesting choice of word, "contempt". I do have a huge contempt for stupid decisions, both mine and others. What eats at me is people that don't take the time or make the effort to look at the facts before they plunge head first in to a situation. I have known way too many unhappy men and women (more women than men) in my life and in almost every case I shake my head at what they do to themselves only to regret it later. I am proud to say I am much better at shutting my pie hole about it as I was not so reserved in my younger days. I just hate waste and to waste precious years of ones life scratches me in the worst of ways. There are only a few good things good about aging but wisdom through experience is a blessed thing to behold.

Maybe you should stop paying so much attention to what other people do and just concentrate on yourself and your life. Why should other people's life choices be eating you? It's their life. Leave them alone and go live your fabulous existence. Or whatever. What was the point of this thread anyway? Were you looking for confirmation that all women are pathetic romantic losers? I guess some are. Many are not. And the exact same goes for men. Like I said before, in my experience, men are just as adept at ****ing up their life, falling in love way too quickly and making stupid choices. I've never noticed any difference between the sexes in this regard. Maybe you attract a certain type of woman. Ever ask yourself that?

Maybe you should stop paying so much attention to what other people do and just concentrate on yourself and your life. Why should other people's life choices be eating you? It's their life. Leave them alone and go live your fabulous existence. Or whatever. What was the point of this thread anyway? Were you looking for confirmation that all women are pathetic romantic losers? I guess some are. Many are not. And the exact same goes for men. Like I said before, in my experience, men are just as adept at ****ing up their life, falling in love way too quickly and making stupid choices. I've never noticed any difference between the sexes in this regard. Maybe you attract a certain type of woman. Ever ask yourself that?

I wonder why this is just limited to women? There are plenty of men who jump into marriages and make stupid decisions too.

I think people should live together before they get married. That way you get to know the person, their bad and quirky habits, etc. before you take the plunge. IMO, it would be stupid to just go off and marry someone that you barely know, and you barely know someone that you haven't shared a living area with.

It's only common sense. Just think, if you've ever had terrible roommates, how you thought you liked them and how you thought it would work out. Then you live with them for a couple of months and realize that you can't stand them. :lol: Same thing for marriage IMO. You have to make sure you're compatible in that way.

You mean be married before you are married to decide if you want to be married? What possible difference does it make other than a cheap lawyer's fee?

I have noticed that many people no longer are truthful about how many times they have been married. She/he may have "shacked up" in a committed relation half a dozen times - but will not count any of those. I think that is fundamentally lying.

You mean be married before you are married to decide if you want to be married? What possible difference does it make other than a cheap lawyer's fee?

I have noticed that many people no longer are truthful about how many times they have been married. She/he may have "shacked up" in a committed relation half a dozen times - but will not count any of those. I think that is fundamentally lying.

Huh? It makes a HUGE difference. Before you start a life with somebody, you should know all you possibly can about that person, not to mention before you have children together and have a lifelong commitment to somebody you really don't like.

Huh? It makes a HUGE difference. Before you start a life with somebody, you should know all you possibly can about that person, not to mention before you have children together and have a lifelong commitment to somebody you really don't like.

Moving in together is starting a life with someone.

I've stated before when the real you're-stuck commitment comes is about children, not a marriage license.

"I was listening to music, dancing and hanging out and having fun with my friends"

Certainly not as interesting as someone who has to hire a lawyer to get a date. :lol:

Moving in together is starting a life with someone.

I've stated before when the real you're-stuck commitment comes is about children, not a marriage license.

I disagree. I think living together and getting to know someone first is the best option, and I don't understand why you would care anyways. No way would I marry someone without a trial run first.

I wonder why this is just limited to women? There are plenty of men who jump into marriages and make stupid decisions too.

Who knows. I still don't really get the point of this thread. The man claims to have had a full life, met so many interesting people and traveled the world. It's really weird that he would have this one-sided view of human relationships. Both men and women fall for each other too easily. Not sure why that's even an issue anyway. The human heart is what it is and wants what it wants. :shrug:

My, how astute of you.

Still enjoying music and dancing and my friends, and unlike you not gloating about my singledom.

No truer words spoken. I don't speak only from my experiences with women but I have had alot of women friends and I somehow attract those needing a shoulder so I listen to them. Men just cover it up and say, "screw it all". In my life I have seen one man cry his eyes out to the point where I was disgusted with his loss of backbone. We were juniors in high school and very close friends. I saw his break up coming and could never convince him it was coming and when it did he broke down like a baby and actually came to my house in that condition. To me he should have waited until all the boo-hoo was over then come talk. In all I believe women are by nature more oriented to love type relationships and while things are surely changing the wife-mother role is still alive and well here. I have heard more men say they wil never remarry than women.

I disagree. I think living together and getting to know someone first is the best option, and I don't understand why you would care anyways. No way would I marry someone without a trial run first.

Wisdon, pure and simple. Who here has bought a house or car without ever seeing it? At least you can seperate from a car or house alot cheaper than a spouse.

When you get into lower income levels, couples often unit for the necessities of economic survival, to provide for children and so forth. Lot everyone has the luxury of being able to afford being a world traveling hobo.

Wisdon, pure and simple. Who here has bought a house or car without ever seeing it? At least you can seperate from a car or house alot cheaper than a spouse.

And who would read a mystery novel or see a movie without first knowing if they like the ending?

Back
Top Bottom