• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do republicans or democrats adopt more children?

• Total voters
And I guess this is the new poll section.

Poll threads can be placed anywhere, but it is odd to place an adoption poll in the abortion thread. I suppose the implication is that more adoptions would lead to fewer abortions (or vice versa?), but that is pure speculation.

Question seen over @

"Do republicans or democrats adopt more children?​

renderTimingPixel.png

I keep hearing "If you want less abortion, just adopt!" which I agree with. But then there's the obvious question: who is actually adopting more kids? Republicans or Democrats?
If republicans adopt more... then why don't democrats step up their game?"

What say you?

Where do these fantasy and false narrative threads come from LOL
if adoption happened to 10% or 90% of eligible youths it has no impact on the abortion topic
millions of republicans and millions of democrats have had abortions and support women's rights/pro choice so thats a failure too and also meaningless to the abortion topic

So we don't actually know if more conservatives / democrats / etc.. abort more. If we know anything about humans in general is that many are hypocrites. Say one thing and do another. That's all I'm going to say.

I'm glad that my not knowing how to set up a poll has given us some laughs.
Been there done that (but try not to) so I say thanks for the morning chuckle.

;) (y)

Seriously I haven't a clue which political ideology collectively might be more likely to be associated with greater numbers of adoptions?

Never gave it a thought?

Anecdotally in a quick mental review of those, family and friends, that I have known who have adopted and that I have a clue as to their political leanings I can say of that subset that there have been more adoptions by Democrats.

I do know though for the harsh liners on the abortion issue, from both sides, I have noticed that neither rank will stand before the clinics offering to adopt from the women entering with unwanted pregnancies?

As far as I know, political lean is not a question asked during the adoption process, so there is no verifiable answer to your question.
ITA. Religion plays a much more important role in adoption as birth parents are given a choice of what religion they want their child raised in. I am a former volunteer at Spence Chapin Adoption Agency in NYC. I do not recall any questions re: political affiliation. I worked for NYNEX and they encouraged community volunteers and gave us a certain number of hours to volunteer out of our workweek. I chose Spence Chapin.

I also notice quite a few white families do foreign adoptions due to a lack of white babies in the US

So we don't actually know if more conservatives / democrats / etc.. abort more. If we know anything about humans in general is that many are hypocrites. Say one thing and do another. That's all I'm going to say.

You now have me totally confused. Was your intent to type abort when you typed adopt in the poll question?

ITA. Religion plays a much more important role in adoption as birth parents are given a choice of what religion they want their child raised in. I am a former volunteer at Spence Chapin Adoption Agency in NYC. I do not recall any questions re: political affiliation. I worked for NYNEX and they encouraged community volunteers and gave us a certain number of hours to volunteer out of our workweek. I chose Spence Chapin.

I also notice quite a few white families do foreign adoptions due to a lack of white babies in the US.
This is a sad thing in our country, A child's love is precious no matter what color they are.

You now have me totally confused. Was your intent to type abort when you typed adopt in the poll question?
The original question was related to both.

I keep hearing "If you want less abortion, just adopt!" which I agree with. But then there's the obvious question: who is actually adopting more kids? Republicans or Democrats?
If republicans adopt more... then why don't democrats step up their game?

I saw this and thought it might spur some interesting conversation. I do want to say thank you to everyone cause I was scared of getting torn to pieces.

The original question was related to both.

If republicans adopt more... then why don't democrats step up their game?

I saw this and thought it might spur some interesting conversation. I do want to say thank you to everyone cause I was scared of getting torn to pieces.

I’m not convinced that abortion and adoption are linked and even less so that adoption has anything to do with political lean.

Question seen over @

renderTimingPixel.png

What say you?

Did you do any research yourself? Why ask us for the information, we'd have to do the same thing. On what basis would you agree or disagree if you havent got a place to start from? Where is the discussion point?

People with money.

Adoption is incredibly expensive unless it is adopting from foster care.

This is where most American babies for adoption come from. And true, it's not that expensive.

And God bless anyone who can be a foster parent. That's a true act of love and service.

Agreed.

Why should democrats adopt more than REpublicans, democrats aren't the ones trying to force people to have babies they can't afford, and they aren't the ones who fight against any help to the parents, fight against food stamps, welfare, universal healthcare, affordable housing, everything that would help a person be able to care for a baby.

repubclians are the ones who want to force millions to have babies then want to cut off their food, housing, education, etc.

And democrats, who support PP and access to affordable birth control, want sex education talk, all things that actually help prevent abortion. As opposed to the yelling and screaming about how wrong it is from the moral phonies

I googled and did not find a cut and dry answer. So again, based on your life experiences / observations which group would you say adopts more children? Is this really an answer to the abortion issue?

So the bold is your question. It's not. Adoption agencies will not discuss adoption until very late in the term, well after most abortions take place. And most women choose not to suffer thru an entire pregnancy just to give away the kid, according to another poster, only 2% of women choose adoption.

Here's my actual data and opinion (all previously posted, this isnt a new discussion):
There are already over 100,000 kids waiting to be adopted in the US right now...so why would you write as if that is a solution? (And there are 400,000 in foster care.)​
It's not a solution at all. It's not a solution for a woman that cannot make the health or obligation or commitment sacrifices that pregnancy requires. It doesnt protect a woman's health or life.​
It's also directly harmful to those children waiting and hoping for an adoptive home. They are actively harmed...they are aware, knowing, even suffering...by having fewer chances at a home.​
These are the reason it's completely unethical IMO to encourage women who dont want a child to maintain a pregnancy just to give it up for adoption. More kids added unnecessarily to that adoption pool means that one of those kids waiting and hoping wont get a family.
Sources:​
"Waiting for a family is the longest wait of all."

Question seen over @

renderTimingPixel.png

What say you?

This thread ruined my life. I am measurably dumber now than I was before I clicked on it.

It makes me hate that flag, the United States of America (even though I am American). It makes me hate cops (even though I am a cop). It makes me hate ALL WHITE PEOPLE (even though I am a white person).

Congratulations. Your post was so bad it made me into a criminal.

Maybe do a blog next time then.

I would ask the question, "Do Democrats or Republicans terminate more lives through abortion?"

3/27/22 — another one

Question seen over @

renderTimingPixel.png

What say you?

Why the **** does it matter?

Are you on some virtue campaign?

Why the **** does it matter?

Are you on some virtue campaign?
oh it doesn't. Just thought I'd pitch the question in here and see what the group would say.

This thread ruined my life. I am measurably dumber now than I was before I clicked on it.

It makes me hate that flag, the United States of America (even though I am American). It makes me hate cops (even though I am a cop). It makes me hate ALL WHITE PEOPLE (even though I am a white person).

Congratulations. Your post was so bad it made me into a criminal.
Wow! I wield so much power over you.

I commend the OP for posting something different here instead of the same old, same old. It's an interesting question. Do anti choicers practiprce what they preach?

My parents were conservative and pro choice. However, had my mom been able to get pregnant, I doubt they'd have adopted.

I commend the OP for posting something different here instead of the same old, same old. It's an interesting question. Do anti choicers practiprce what they preach?

My parents were conservative and pro choice. However, had my mom been able to get pregnant, I doubt they'd have adopted.
Hi, I'm new so I have no idea what the norm is here yet. Thanks for the kind words.

Back
Top Bottom