• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Disgusted With US Foreign Policies, Defense Contractor Quits.

No, you only want to accept your own definition, regardless of what many of us (who are actually familiar with what a Defense Contractor is), and this has become a joke.

And you keep going on about "you can't prove I am wrong". You can't prove you are right either, which is even more important. Sorry, this is a complete and utter logic fail. Look, I say I can jump from my chair to New York. And you can't prove that I can't do that, therefore I can!

Look, he himself said he was only a "low level clerk". Clerks generally do not provide much of anything to anybody. Especially low level ones.

Why can't you just admit it, this is nothing like what you have tried to make it out to be, and move on? The more this goes on, the more I am sure it is a Tawana Brawley and nothing more then that.

Foot soldier or high level general, it does not matter. What matters is that he participated in a system and policy he believed in for several years, and now the scales have fallen off his eyes and he sees it for what it truly is.

I've criticized my government in the past.

And how are my criticisms of the govt 'un-American' and your criticisms are not?

I've never used the phrase 'neo-Imperialistic policies' before and never will.

Of course, you wouldn't. Because acknowledging reality conflicts with your romantic views of the military.

Its one of those far left jingoistic phrases that identifies the user of it for exactly what he is.

It is not a left vs right issue. This is an authoritarian vs liberty issue.

Tell us how you support the troops, since obviously sending them off to fight wars - which will happen regardless of your personal feelings - in vehicles designed to give the a chance to survive IED's isn't one of them.
You celebrate the fact that some clown has decided he's not going to do that, and then wonder why people might question your 'support' of the troops.

I support the troops by my advocacy of bringing them home. Supporting the troops is not the same thing as supporting every military foreign policy. Once you understand the difference, then we can talk.

Look, we all understand that Libertarians all loathe government. We get it. At least be honest about it.

How am I being dishonest? Never once did I try to mislead you on my beliefs. I do not 'loathe' govt. Even as an anarchist at heart, I believe that government is a necessity (and no, anarchists do not believe in absolutely no govt). I oppose a bloated State that seeks to grow in power both at home and abroad.

Foot soldier or high level general, it does not matter. What matters is that he participated in a system and policy he believed in for several years, and now the scales have fallen off his eyes and he sees it for what it truly is.

'Neo Imperialism' run amuck, eh? :lamo

And since I served in the military, I can assure you from first hand experience that their is nothing 'romantic' about my views. However, unlike those government loathing folks who hate every aspect of their country, I don't consider the military to be nothing more than mindless, robotic tools of the evil state. I leave that to you 'enlightened' Libertarians.

Neo-colonialism (also Neocolonialism) is the geopolitical practice of using capitalism, business globalization, and cultural imperialism to influence a country, in lieu of either direct military control or indirect political control, i.e. imperialism and hegemony.
Sartre, Jean-Paul (2001-03-27). Colonialism and neo-colonialism. Routledge.

Now tell me who has more direct and indirect influence over world issues than the US govt?

And since I served in the military, I can assure you from first hand experience that their is nothing 'romantic' about my views. However, unlike those government loathing folks who hate every aspect of their country,

Nationalist/conservative logic: "I may criticize the government on nearly every domestic policy, but I am a true American because i fully support our govt's endless wars. Any criticism of the govt's foreign policy is completely unAmerican. Anyone who does criticize the military must hate all things American." :roll:

I don't consider the military to be nothing more than mindless, robotic tools of the evil state.

On the contrary, I do not consider those in the military to be 'mindless' at all.

Yeah, perhaps I was being generous to you. You, like all other extremists of both the Right the Left, consider them fully functioning partners in the evil that is the United States of America. You continue to amuse.

As far as you hating all things American, I'm sure that isn't true. For example, I'm betting you quite like the Grand Canyon and the Redwood Forest. It's just every aspect of the Government that you hate. Got it.

And since I served in the military, I can assure you from first hand experience that their is nothing 'romantic' about my views. However, unlike those government loathing folks who hate every aspect of their country, I don't consider the military to be nothing more than mindless, robotic tools of the evil state. I leave that to you 'enlightened' Libertarians.

They sound pretty damn romantic to me, and I'm a romantic sort of fellow. Hell, I'm so romantic I still believe in the Oath to defend the constitution from its enemies. All parts of the constitution, including that bit about declaring war in accordance with Article I.

You bought into the sophistry offered by Bush & Co, including Colin Powell's lies at the UN, and that makes you a bit on the gullible side. Well-intentioned no doubt, but certainly tending towards gullible. I imagine you still believe that nonsense about 19 arabs with box cutters that serve as the rhetorical foundation for the GWOT. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom