• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Did the Grand Canyon take 65 million to form?

Oh! But I did! I listened to his YouTube long-winded seminar about his stupid book. Such nonsense and continued hypocrisy. I looked at a couple of other and the same things. Fuzzy words and utter hypocrisy never showing actual proof. Just 100% conjecture and blathering with fuzzy words galore. No proof of evolution.
:ROFLMAO: :rolleyes: You dont even know the meaning of a verified 'quote,' no wonder you'll believe anything...as long as it leads to your mythical god creating man. Whatever you 'heard,' you werent properly prepared to understand it. And dont bother posting any videos...I'll stick with books and published, reviewed, sourced articles...from a variety of authors.

You OTOH, refuse to accept anything but one source with ZERO scientific proof. :rolleyes: What you consider facts are merely convenient pseudo-science invented to support a 'belief.' And it seems you are unable to tell the difference.

The flood or the ice age 10,000 years ago did. I bet on the flood for this one. And, God sent the floods from the water in the earth, water in the atmosphere and water in the heavens that surrounded the earth at the time of the flood. You probably always wondered how the people before Noah lived so long. Well, the waters in the heavens surrounded the earth shielding out much of the harmful rays of the Sun so that people just lived longer.
There are other large canyons that took a short period of time to form around the world as well. Real scientists never say science is solved. That's a political issue.

"Let me introduce you to Burlingame Canyon near Walla Walla, Washington. It measures 1500 feet long, up to 120 feet deep, and 120 feet wide, winding through a hillside. A small-scale analogy to Grand Canyon it was observed to form in less than six days."

"Many believe that this 277-mile long gorge had formed over millions of years, but another famous North American landmark shows that the Grand Canyon could have been created much faster and not long ago."

"Flowers may be convinced that her new results are reliable, but other experts are not. State University of New York geologist Richard Young told Science NOW that despite this new study, "there's a lot of evidence for a young Grand Canyon."5 And California Institute of Technology geologist Brian Wernicke said, "It's hard to look at a landscape and discern its erosional history."
Why are you posting this shit?
There are other large canyons that took a short period of time to form around the world as well. Real scientists never say science is solved. That's a political issue.

"Let me introduce you to Burlingame Canyon near Walla Walla, Washington. It measures 1500 feet long, up to 120 feet deep, and 120 feet wide, winding through a hillside. A small-scale analogy to Grand Canyon it was observed to form in less than six days."

"Many believe that this 277-mile long gorge had formed over millions of years, but another famous North American landmark shows that the Grand Canyon could have been created much faster and not long ago."

"Flowers may be convinced that her new results are reliable, but other experts are not. State University of New York geologist Richard Young told Science NOW that despite this new study, "there's a lot of evidence for a young Grand Canyon."5 And California Institute of Technology geologist Brian Wernicke said, "It's hard to look at a landscape and discern its erosional history."
This does not belong in Science and Technology. It belongs in religion and you introduced it simply to stage a religious discussion. Take your charade someplace else.

Evolution is false.
Better tell that to the entire scientific community. Then provide evidence to support your assertion.
Natural selection doesn't create new species like fish to dinosaurs. Or, chimps to humans. It would take artificial intelligent selection and that just brings God back into the equations. Dawkins didn't even realize in his seminar on YouTube that he was doing this.
That statement demonstrates a profound lack of understanding of evolution. It's no wonder you're consistently wrong on the matter.

Yes, canyons can form rapidly. A good maxim to remember is that, "It either takes a little water and a long time, or a lot of water and a short time." But then, we've never seen a canyon form slowly with just a little water.
Are you saying that the Grand Canyon couldn't have been formed by the "little water" of Colorado River?

maxresdefault-1.jpg636606926710620772-Lees-Ferry005.jpg

The Colorado River not "little water".

:ROFLMAO: :rolleyes: You dont even know the meaning of a verified 'quote,' no wonder you'll believe anything...as long as it leads to your mythical god creating man. Whatever you 'heard,' you werent properly prepared to understand it. And dont bother posting any videos...I'll stick with books and published, reviewed, sourced articles...from a variety of authors.

You OTOH, refuse to accept anything but one source with ZERO scientific proof. :rolleyes: What you consider facts are merely convenient pseudo-science invented to support a 'belief.' And it seems you are unable to tell the difference.
Keep dreaming...Dawkins and his fuzzy liars are who you are following. When this life is over and you find yourself in a spirit prison and not in paradise, remember that you were warned. I'll come and try again to teach you in spirit prison, 1Peter: 3:19.

Why are you posting this shit?

This does not belong in Science and Technology. It belongs in religion and you introduced it simply to stage a religious discussion. Take your charade someplace else.
So, there is actual proof that your empirical eyes can see and you still reject this proof. Why? Because of ego? Why? Do tell us...

Better tell that to the entire scientific community. Then provide evidence to support your assertion.

That statement demonstrates a profound lack of understanding of evolution. It's no wonder you're consistently wrong on the matter.
I'm just repeating what you god said.

Are you saying that the Grand Canyon couldn't have been formed by the "little water" of Colorado River?

View attachment 67376197View attachment 67376198

The Colorado River not "little water".
It's just what is left of Noah's Flood 4,500 years ago. The other canyons which is pointed out in the references I gave you say this as well. So does the archeological evidence suggest it only took a short time.

Wow
The flat earthers are prevalent in this thread.
Religion is a scary thing
Makes people stupid

I'm just repeating what you god said.
So you have nothing to contribute? Duly noted.
It's just what is left of Noah's Flood 4,500 years ago. The other canyons which is pointed out in the references I gave you say this as well. So does the archeological evidence suggest it only took a short time.
There's no evidence of Noah's Flood from 4500 years ago. That's just bs religious claims based on nothing but dogma.
So, there is actual proof that your empirical eyes can see and you still reject this proof. Why? Because of ego? Why? Do tell us...
What empirical evidence for God? Be specific!

Wow
The flat earth's are prevalent in this thread.
Makes people stupid
It also suppresses critical thinking.

Wow
The flat earthers are prevalent in this thread.
Makes people stupid
I'll have to post an article comparing flat earthers to creationists and see whose ideas are more ridiculous.

Keep dreaming...Dawkins and his fuzzy liars are who you are following. When this life is over and you find yourself in a spirit prison and not in paradise, remember that you were warned. I'll come and try again to teach you in spirit prison, 1Peter: 3:19.

So you have nothing to contribute? Duly noted.
There's no evidence of Noah's Flood from 4500 years ago. That's just bs religious claims based on nothing but dogma.
What empirical evidence for God? Be specific!
Just showing what a liar your god, Dawkins said. There is plenty of evidence of Noah's Flood. I've given you information on this and where to look.

I listened to the video of Dawkins as he was covering what he wrote in his stupid book. But, you've never read it and don't know what he's said. Such a mythical commentator you are.

Just showing what a liar your god, Dawkins said. There is plenty of evidence of Noah's Flood. I've given you information on this and where to look.
I don't have a God, much less ever proclaimed Prof. Dawkins a God. Neither has he ever made such a proclamation. So ot seems you're the one lying.
The only info you've given is religiously biased sources and other BS. Certainly nothing scientific nor accepted by the scientific community.

The Colorado River is what is left of Noah's Flood? So the Gila, the San Juan, the Green and the Gunnison Rivers and the rain, snow melt, springs, lakes, marshes and stream that make up the 246,000 square mile drainage basin of the Colorado River are all canceled, disappeared, deleted, made irrelevant by a Bible story?

I listened to the video of Dawkins as he was covering what he wrote in his stupid book. But, you've never read it and don't know what he's said. Such a mythical commentator you are.

Read it, own it, and others he's authored. Look at you, desperately lying about things you dont know. That's a sin.

:ROFLMAO: :rolleyes: You dont even know the meaning of a verified 'quote,' no wonder you'll believe anything...as long as it leads to your mythical god creating man. Whatever you 'heard,' you werent properly prepared to understand it. And dont bother posting any videos...I'll stick with books and published, reviewed, sourced articles...from a variety of authors.​
You OTOH, refuse to accept anything but one source with ZERO scientific proof. :rolleyes: What you consider facts are merely convenient pseudo-science invented to support a 'belief.' And it seems you are unable to tell the difference.​

You dont even know the meaning of a verified 'quote,' no wonder you'll believe anything...as long as it leads to your mythical god creating man. Whatever you 'heard,' you werent properly prepared to understand it. ......... What you consider facts are merely convenient pseudo-science invented to support a 'belief.' And it seems you are unable to tell the difference.
Keep in mind that religion teaches people to believe is things and events that are clearly impossible, virgin birth, turning water into wine, raising dead people, snatching Christians naked into heaven; so it is no great leap to believe canyons are the result of Noah's flood.

“More generally, one of the truly bad effects of religion is that it teaches us that it is a virtue to be satisfied with not understanding.”
― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

Keep in mind that religion teaches people to believe is things and events that are clearly impossible, virgin birth, turning water into wine, raising dead people, snatching Christians naked into heaven; so it is no great leap to believe canyons are the result of Noah's flood.

“More generally, one of the truly bad effects of religion is that it teaches us that it is a virtue to be satisfied with not understanding.”

Of course, it's the deliberate destruction of critical thinking. Makes controlling people that much easier.

There's a very slight possibility that science is wrong about this.

But that possibility is much lower than the probability they're right.

Reli

Religion also does not encourage rational or critical thinking. Only obedience to dogma under threat of punishment and/or promise of reward. It gets people to not question belief or dogma and to settle for very little.

Read it, own it, and others he's authored. Look at you, desperately lying about things you dont know. That's a sin.

:ROFLMAO: :rolleyes: You dont even know the meaning of a verified 'quote,' no wonder you'll believe anything...as long as it leads to your mythical god creating man. Whatever you 'heard,' you werent properly prepared to understand it. And dont bother posting any videos...I'll stick with books and published, reviewed, sourced articles...from a variety of authors.​
You OTOH, refuse to accept anything but one source with ZERO scientific proof. :rolleyes: What you consider facts are merely convenient pseudo-science invented to support a 'belief.' And it seems you are unable to tell the difference.​
You don't recognize a verified quote if it hit you in the face. Dawkins is a big liar. I pointed out his stupidity and you keep believing his nonsense.

You don't recognize a verified quote if it hit you in the face. Dawkins is a big liar. I pointed out his stupidity and you keep believing his nonsense.

LOL I just opened one of his books on my Kindle and did so :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

OTOH, you refuse to accept anything but one source with ZERO scientific proof. :rolleyes: What you consider facts are merely convenient pseudo-science invented to support a 'belief.' And it seems you are unable to tell the difference.

Back
Top Bottom