• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Did Putin purposefully invade Ukraine under Biden's Admin due to his success under his vice presidency

Did Putin purposefully invade Ukraine under Biden Admin due to his success under his vice presidency

• Total voters
It is his fault already .
He is the biggest clown ever to be called President . A man who cannot walk straight , pisses his pants publicly and rambles like the Dementia ridden OAP he truly is .

America is a laughing stock and Putin has run rings around this dopey individual .
This thread isn't about Donald Trump.

How is it not rational to put together that there is common denominator in Putin's military advances, Biden's presence.
Please explain how that isn't use of rationality?

My dislike of Biden as president has nothing to with the correlation of those facts.

So according to you if you don't like Trump, you cant possibly make rational thought about him because you don't like him.
Rationalizing and rational are not the same thing.

These two statements are contradictory.
Trump's demeanor towards Putin was one of reverence and respect, yet you think he would stand up to Putin over it?
Trump lives in the moment. He makes everything hyperbolic. If something is good, no its great, the greatest ever. If something is bad, no its the worst tragedy Americans ever faced.
He complimented Kim Jong-un and insulted and threated him in a span of a couple weeks. He would do the same to Putin. Also he has put his foot down him before over Ukraine.
Tell me, what was Trump's actual response to Putin's latest move?
He said it was genius, he said it was smart strategy. He also said if wouldn't of happened when he was in office.
People think that he likes his move because he says it was smart.
Napoleon and Hitler are not good people but sure very smart, and people spend their lives studying their strategies.

Also he has put his foot down him before over Ukraine.

When

Hitler are not good people but sure very smart, and people spend their lives studying their strategies.

People who think Hitler was a smart leader forget that in 12 years he took Germany from one of the biggest powers in the world to the weakest power in Berlin.

This will be hard to digest for a lot of people on this sight and there will be a lot of nasty clap backs because they will know I am right and that will hurt their fragile sense of moral superiority.

It is no coincidence that Putin is invading the Ukraine under the Biden administration. Why wouldn't he? He did it in 2014 under Barack and Biden, so why not do it again? He already knows how Biden will react.

Biden had a large role in handing affairs in Ukraine and is notorious for bragging about with holding military support to Ukraine.

It has been very clear to Putin that at the end of the day Biden will not give much pushback in a Russian invasion of Ukraine. Say what you want about Trump but he is much more unpredictable than Biden and Putin recognizes that. To me there is no coincidence that Putin did not invade while Trump was president and chose to do so upon Biden's return. What y'all think?

I hope you all are proud for electing a man with clear amnesia to be the commander of the greatest army in human history and the leader of the world.

I am prepared for the nasty clap backs because y'all know there is some truth to this and that will hurt liberals fragile sense of moral superiority.

A disinfo thread? I am shocked!

-snip-
February 23, 2022
"...But I believe this invasion represents the culmination of a plan not just to reassert what he imagines is Russian greatness, but also to end US hegemony, which Putin has pursued for a decade.

Ukraine has been a part of that and starting in 2010, Paul Manafort was useful to giving his puppets the patina of legitimacy. After Viktor Yanukovych’s ouster, Ukraine was useful as a testing ground for various kinds of hybrid warfare, most spectacularly with the NotPetya attack in 2018.

Ukraine — the partnership of Konstantin Kilimnik and Oleg Deripaska, along with their leverage over Paul Manafort — was also whence Russian launched its 2016 attack (I need to find the reference, but they knew they could place Manafort as campaign manager before the end of 2015). As I have written (in a piece on my understanding of the role of using the Steele dossier as a vehicle for disinformation), Russia’s interference in 2016 is best understood as a win-win. If Hillary won, Roger Stone would have rolled out the same Stop the Steal plan that was used in 2020 back in 2016 to destabilize the US in 2017 rather than 2021, as happened..."

Donald Trump's 2012 Election Tweetstorm Resurfaces as ...

https://abcnews.go.com › Politics › story
Nov 9, 2016 — In 2012, Trump called the electoral college "a disaster for a democracy."

Full Text (Photo Images) of Donald Trump Jr and Wikileaks Correspondence - Just Security

Following The Atlantic‘s Julia Ioffe ‘s scoop revealing the private correspondence between Donald Trump Jr. and Wikileaks, the President’s son released, over Twitter, the photo images of what he described as “the entire chain of messages with @wikileaks … which one of the congressional...
www.justsecurity.org
DJr3-e1510627136886.jpg

Donald Trump's blatant hypocrisy on voting by mail -

https://www.cnn.com ›
Apr 8, 2020 — During his daily coronavirus briefing on Tuesday, President Donald Trump made very clear that voting by mail -- an alternative many are ...

-snip-
“We are now of the belief that this model can greatly benefit the Putin Government if employed at the correct levels with the appropriate commitment to success,” Manafort wrote in the 2005 memo to Deripaska. The effort, Manafort wrote, “will be offering a great service that can re-focus, both internally and externally, the policies of the Putin government.” -snip-

Last edited:
Rationalizing and rational are not the same thing.
What are you on? If you are rationalizing you are being rational. If you are romanticizing you are being romantical.
You still haven't explained how disliking someone makes it impossible to form rational thought about them

No wanting anything sooo bad. Just being rational, can you guys try that with me instead of trying to undermine rationality through assuming my mentality? Or is that to difficult to do with someone you disagree with?
Facts: Russian aggression in Ukraine has happened under Biden.
Tell us what you think Trump would do? That's the I believe Vlad more than our intelligence services Trump. The pull out of overseas conflicts and leave our allies hung out to dry Trump. The US shouldn't be in overseas conflicts Trump. The sell Ukraine a handful of Javelin missiles as long as they keep them away from Russia on the other side of the Ukraine where they do no good Trump. The piss off all our Nato allies and destroy relations Trump.

So what exactly would Trump do other than mouth off a lot of braggado as he is already.

I don't know whether Biden is getting the Ukraine stuff right or wrong so far, but I am glad that Trump isn't in charge. He would likely have 2 extra buttons added to his desk. One either side of the "bring more coke" button. The one on the left says "tell the world what a good guy Vlad is". The one on the right says "start WW3 so I can look powerful". Who would have ever thought WW3 was started by a guy pushing the wrong button when he just wanted a coke.

This will be hard to digest for a lot of people on this sight and there will be a lot of nasty clap backs because they will know I am right and that will hurt their fragile sense of moral superiority.

It is no coincidence that Putin is invading the Ukraine under the Biden administration. Why wouldn't he? He did it in 2014 under Barack and Biden, so why not do it again? He already knows how Biden will react.

Biden had a large role in handing affairs in Ukraine and is notorious for bragging about with holding military support to Ukraine.

It has been very clear to Putin that at the end of the day Biden will not give much pushback in a Russian invasion of Ukraine. Say what you want about Trump but he is much more unpredictable than Biden and Putin recognizes that. To me there is no coincidence that Putin did not invade while Trump was president and chose to do so upon Biden's return. What y'all think?

I hope you all are proud for electing a man with clear amnesia to be the commander of the greatest army in human history and the leader of the world.

I am prepared for the nasty clap backs because y'all know there is some truth to this and that will hurt liberals fragile sense of moral superiority.

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

He isn't doing this because "he got away with it in 2014", he's doing it because in his mind this is payback for what WE DID in 2014.

Also he has put his foot down him before over Ukraine.

I have to go back to this comment, because you're like the fourth person on here to claim that Trump put a stop to what Putin was doing in Ukraine, and I have still not been told what is it exactly is it that Trump stopped.

He isn't doing this because "he got away with it in 2014", he's doing it because in his mind this is payback for what WE DID in 2014.

That's not really accurate.

This latest turn of events is primarily driven by political developments in Ukraine.

When

People who think Hitler was a smart leader forget that in 12 years he took Germany from one of the biggest powers in the world to the weakest power in Berlin.
So did Napoleon, so did many zealous leaders. It's called being overambitious and a narcissist, doesn't mean he wasn't smart. I think its pretty safe to say that he was intelligent man, he got to power and turned the most democratic country in the world to the most authoritarian one in the world and took over the European continent in the 20th century. That is no simple task.

So did Napoleon, so did many zealous leaders. It's called being overambitious and a narcissist, doesn't mean he wasn't smart. I think its pretty safe to say that he was intelligent man, he got to power and turned the most democratic country in the world to the most authoritarian one in the world and took over the European continent in the 20th century. That is no simple task.

Wiemar Germany was not, by any definition, the most democratic country in the world.

That's not really accurate.

This latest turn of events is primarily driven by political developments in Ukraine.
He blames those developments on us.

The way he sees it, we went in, seduced his mistress, and convinced her to leave him.

He blames those development on us.

The way he sees it, we went in, seduced his mistress, and convinced her to leave him.

I mean sure, we played a part, but Zelensky has his own agency.

Trump lives in the moment. He makes everything hyperbolic. If something is good, no its great, the greatest ever. If something is bad, no its the worst tragedy Americans ever faced.
He complimented Kim Jong-un and insulted and threated him in a span of a couple weeks. He would do the same to Putin. Also he has put his foot down him before over Ukraine.

He said it was genius, he said it was smart strategy. He also said if wouldn't of happened when he was in office.
People think that he likes his move because he says it was smart.
Napoleon and Hitler are not good people but sure very smart, and people spend their lives studying their strategies.

I don't recall him insulting Putin.

It's difficult to imagine Putin being reluctant to invade Ukraine because we have a president who firmly and resolutely praises him.
Or a President that beat the Crap out of his mercenaries that were in Syria ? Not once but twice ....

On the flip side:
It's difficult to imagine Putin thinks it a great opportunity to invade with Brandon in charge, considering how much he help the Taliban?

1645663015998.png

He used a fairly well time-tested method that we are watching play out here at home: Identify external and internal enemies, play on the nationalist sentiment of a grievance-ridden population, create engaging spectacles that exhibit power, exploit the fragility of democracy promise a return to an idealized past. It's not neccesarily that brilliant.

You know, it's funny, Trump was smart enough to figure that out, but despite his displays of strength, he really lacked the strength to carry it out. Just too lazy. Getting beat seems to have put the fire in him. Maybe too late though. We'll see.

Last edited:
I have to go back to this comment, because you're like the fourth person on here to claim that Trump put a stop to what Putin was doing in Ukraine, and I have still not been told what is it exactly is it that Trump stopped.
I'm just arguing that is not true that all Trump did was gloat and talk nice about Putin, he did oppose him.

Trump tweeted early Wednesday morning, "Russia vows to shoot down any and all missiles fired at Syria. Get ready Russia, because they will be coming, nice and new and 'smart!' You shouldn’t be partners with a Gas Killing Animal who kills his people and enjoys it!"

pulling out of the INF seems to be a big deal.

I'm just arguing that is not true that all Trump did was gloat and talk nice about Putin, he did oppose him.

Okay, but none of that actually translated to Trump stopping Russian actions in Ukraine at all.

I should point out I'm not saying Trump did wrong where Obama and Biden did right; in fact they are all following the same general strategy for good reason.

Wiemar Germany was not, by any definition, the most democratic country in the world.
But it was, it was the most democratic nation in the world at that point.

INPUT <anything>
OUTPUT<Biden's Fault>

Republican leadership has even admitted as much. No policy positions, no big America first plan...just "Biden's fault!! Biden's awful!". <- it's all they will do and its terrible for the nation in every meaningful way.

Last edited:
No wanting anything sooo bad. Just being rational, can you guys try that with me instead of trying to undermine rationality through assuming my mentality? Or is that to difficult to do with someone you disagree with?
Facts: Russian aggression in Ukraine has happened under Biden.
Rational is a foreign word to you. If anything about the U.S. has emboldened Putin it is the insurrection and continued support he gets from the right. Never in the history of the US has an major political party embraced our enemy like the GOP has done with Russia and Putin.

Back
Top Bottom