• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Did God write the constitution?

Not sure what IDGAK means but if It's what I think I gotta ask why do you friggin bother? Why waste people time?
Won't bother with you again. You got nuttin.
So, you waste time to tell me I'm wasting time?

Not sure what IDGAK means but if It's what I think I gotta ask why do you friggin bother? Why waste people time?
Won't bother with you again. You got nuttin.
I Dont Give A.............

What about God-given rights? Do you think God gave you rights?

I'm an atheist, so no.

My point was where they come from doesn't matter. Let's turn the question around. For you and @bongsaway: do you believe human rights exist? If yes, where do they come from?

Not being a christian or a republican, I can still take a guess.

The Constitution was written to affirm and protect the rights given by god.
Where can I take a look at these 'rights' given by god?

What about God-given rights? Do you think God gave you rights? I mean, I don't know every word of the constitution but I have a problem believing that guys who were influenced by John Locke, the founder of liberalism, thought that God bestowed rights on people.
I went through ten years of catholic school and not once did any of the nuns who taught me bring out a scroll entitled 'your god given rights'.

I went through ten years of catholic school and not once did any of the nuns who taught me bring out a scroll entitled 'your god given rights'.
Thomas Aquinas had a very different idea of rights than someone like Locke did, so that makes me curious what was in that scroll.

No. These are god-given rights to establish that government and man should not be permitted to take them away giving the people the right to fight and even kill to keep them.

They come from nature they are self-evident. They can't come from government or a piece of paper because if they do they're not rights they're privileges that can be taken away from you and you can't do anything about it.
Should not be permitted, what does that even mean? The right to life, unless we decide to use the death penalty on your ass. What god given rights will you kill for?

I keep hearing the term 'our god given rights', was the God entity the author of the constitution?

I need a good Christian Republican to help me out with an explanation please. Where do our rights come from, this god entity or the Constitution?

No, you need a good Christian independent to answer the question. The Founding Fathers warned against the creation of political parties. Also, no Republican today is what people called Republicans in 1783.

Many of our "God-given rights" are in the Constitution, but it also includes unbiblical freedoms (religion, bearing arms, abortion, homosexual marriage, and drinking alcohol).

There is no accepted complete list of these god given rights

I'm an atheist, so no.

My point was where they come from doesn't matter. Let's turn the question around. For you and @bongsaway: do you believe human rights exist? If yes, where do they come from?
Yeah, and they come from us believing they need to exist.
Come to think, they come from the same place God came from.

Where can I take a look at these 'rights' given by god?
Nowhere I know of. it's that whole bit from the Declaration of Independence: "...endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights."

There's this belief among many that humans inherently have certain rights, and I presume that if you also believe in God, then you believe that being granted them.

Back
Top Bottom