• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Did Everyone Forget What DeSantis Did?

Desantis is LYING about deaths related to COVID. That's the point of the thread. The link supports it. The thread is not about a RW imaginary governor's covid contest, no matter how hard the Deathsantis fans are trying to turn it into one.
I find it interesting when a Democrat fudges numbers, it just a fudge. When a Republican does it, it's lying.

Wake up. It's politics as usual.

I never said the Dailykos was unbiased. I completely reject the idea that unbiased media exists.
Reuters is pretty good. So are the various military news services.

And you still haven't explained what specifically he did for this "good job." No sane scientist/doctor would recommend keeping bars open during a pandemic.
Please read before commenting. Seriously, are you being dense on purpose?

DeSantis had the highest per capita age factor and one of the highest urbanization factors, yet the state is in the better half of the nation in terms of deaths per million and right in the middle on confirmed case mortality. That's success in the factors that matter.

You say no sane scientist would recommend such and so. That is probably true. Their standard is abundance of caution. What it does not answer is whether those same scientists would consider the additional risk to be primary, secondary or tertiary. We know from practical experience that it did not cause massive hospital overcrowding, which is exactly what some predicted 11 months ago. As a consequence, Florida has endured significantly lower levels of economic fallout.

Russia and the Trump campaign did collude, you know.
:eek:

That's desperate. 🤣😆🤣😆😂

I find it interesting when a Democrat fudges numbers, it just a fudge. When a Republican does it, it's lying.
You agree that Desantis lied about FL's covid death totals.

Last edited:
Even the loon site Politifact says that conspiracy theory is full of crap.

Politifact is totally unbiased and does not exist for any reason except to state the facts. So you must be a Donald Trump worshiper to think it is nothing but liberal bias.

You are the first right-winger I've seen admit to this. Does that not give you pause to where the GOP and American conservatives now stand?

None.

I never said the Dailykos was unbiased. I completely reject the idea that unbiased media exists.
Not just unbiased - those folks are loons ala Alex Jones

The specific data/numbers from a social media post was the subject of the factcheck, not the overall dispute over pneumonia/covid counts.

" In an analysis he ran for the Times using publicly available data, Andrew Noymer, a professor who studies population health and disease prevention at the University of California Irvine, did not find major discrepancies between pneumonia and influenza deaths in early 2020 compared to recent years. He found about 1,485 such deaths in 2020, which was within a few hundred of the same period in any year since 2015. "

73.5% is way above the national average. If you havent gotten your shot yet, could be the problem is you, not DeSantis.
Florida is 40th out of 50 States in vaccine distribution. That is not above any average it is at the bottom. We have a lottery here so I don't think I have anything to do with not winning.

LOL The Daily Krap hasn’t published a fact since the Obama administration; and that was an ACCIDENT. Ony reason they’re putting this crap out now is because DeSantis is succeeding.

What if exactly the same article was published on Townhall, one of your favorite websites for political fiction? Would you trust the story as nothing but facts?

We are talking about the lady you are trying to defend.

I am not trying to defend arrest records, so you have no reason to bring it up. You know nothing except the article in the OP is a thread topic.

We have already seen Rebeka Jones is a whistleblower who did what she needed to do.
That's her story. it's not one that bears facts well

You agree that Desantis lied about FL's covid death totals.
Not yet. The story is still developing, but the weight of facts seems to be against it.

For the moment, the most you can say is that the numbers were presented in a way toto make him look good. That's just politics.

Politifact is totally unbiased and does not exist for any reason except to state the facts. So you must be a Donald Trump worshiper to think it is nothing but liberal bias.
You must be a Trump hater to think only a worshiper can think Politifact is biased.

Florida is 40th out of 50 States in vaccine distribution. That is not above any average it is at the bottom. We have a lottery here so I don't think I have anything to do with not winning.
What's your point? The federal government says where the vaccines go and when.

Your looking to bark at anything.....without facts.

It's how you roll.
That's about right.

Your looking to bark at anything . . . without facts.

It's how you roll.

The post you quoted is a fact that cannot be denied.

Arrest records never had anything to do with the topic.

That's her story. it's not one that bears facts well

Not yet. The story is still developing, but the weight of facts seems to be against it.

For the moment, the most you can say is that the numbers were presented in a way toto make him look good. That's just politics.

You must be a Trump hater to think only a worshiper can think Politifact is biased.

What's your point? The federal government says where the vaccines go and when.

That's about right.
And DeSantis is sitting on nearly 3 million doses. That was the point.

What if exactly the same article was published on Townhall, one of your favorite websites for political fiction? Would you trust the story as nothing but facts?
LOL, pretty weak, BD.

On what scientifically accurate basis do you refuse to accept the numbers of official COVID-18 cases and deaths?
You missed my point. This is old news. As I recall back then when anyone questions the numbers lefties were the first to defend them; because high numbers worked against Trump. Now, Florida is doing well and lefties are afraid a GOP Governor with get credit and national notice. You guys are transparent.

You missed my point. This is old news. As I recall back then when anyone questions the numbers lefties were the first to defend them; because high numbers worked against Trump. Now, Florida is doing well and lefties are afraid a GOP Governor with get credit and national notice. You guys are transparent.

Nobody ever defended the numbers just because they were against the rattlesnake. What Democrats did was learn everything he said or wrote about the virus throughout the year and see how COVID-19 numbers coincided with Republicans re-opening businesses. Everyone who denied all the proven facts was a Donald Trump worshiper. Remember a lot of people died after refusing to wear any personal protection equipment.

You need to read up on your "martyr" Rebeka Jones before you make any more things up.

Ain't that a damn shame, so it's just another FALSE narrative promoted by the left?....who'da thought? Sick people, real, real sick people.....did I mention, sick people....yeah that's it.

Nobody ever defended the numbers just because they were against the rattlesnake. What Democrats did was learn everything he said or wrote about the virus throughout the year and see how COVID-19 numbers coincided with Republicans re-opening businesses. Everyone who denied all the proven facts was a Donald Trump worshiper. Remember a lot of people died after refusing to wear any personal protection equipment.
And a lot died WEARING it too - your point?

And a lot died WEARING it too - your point?

Prove a lot more people were killed by COVID-19 after wearing a mask, socially distancing, washing hands, and spending a lot of time outside than people who did none of that using only medical websites and unbiased, information-only, nonprofit news sources.

If you choose not to do it, the reason is you can't. There is no reason to say that crap without looking at the numbers.

Prove a lot more people were killed by COVID-19 after wearing a mask, socially distancing, washing hands, and spending a lot of time outside than people who did none of that using only medical websites and unbiased, information-only, nonprofit news sources.

If you choose not to do it, the reason is you can't. There is no reason to say that crap without looking at the numbers.
So, your position is that no one got sick or died who wore masks and socially distanced?

So, your position is that no one got sick or died who wore masks and socially distanced?

Read my post again. If you can't prove me wrong about the numbers of people who get COVID-19, you are a liar.

Meanwhile I am over 65 and still waiting to get my vaccine and DeSantis is sitting on nearly 3 million doses. I guess I haven't donated to his campaign fund so no soup for me.

Florida
Doses distributed to state: 10,234,515
Doses administered: 7,522,691
Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 73.50

https://www.beckershospitalreview.c...entage-of-covid-19-vaccines-administered.html
I've been disappointed in what I considered to be DeSantis' s lack of aptitude. In my humble opinion, he's simply not up to the job of governor, to put it politely. Thanks!!

Read my post again. If you can't prove me wrong about the numbers of people who get COVID-19, you are a liar.
You calling me a liar? After lying about my post?

Back
Top Bottom