• We will be taking the forum down for maintenance at [5:15 am CDT] - in 15 minutes. We should be down less than 1 hour.
  • This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DeSantis Has Tweeted About Monoclonal Treatment 30 Times in August, Vaccines Just Once

madman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Governor Ron DeSantis' official Twitter account has tweeted about monoclonal antibody treatments 30 times in August, but mentioned COVID-19 vaccines just once.

DeSantis has been promoting the treatment for COVID-19 in a series of tweets since August 5, highlighting the opening of treatment centers throughout the state and touting its efficacy.

However, the governor's Twitter account has tweeted about vaccines just once since August 1—in the form of a quote from Dr. Jay Bhattacharya,
On August 1, DeSantis quoted Bhattacharya as saying: "We have protected the vulnerable by vaccinating the older population" and shared an image of the professor also featuring that quote.

The governor's account has not tweeted about "vaccines," "vaccination" or "vaccinating" since the August 1 post, according to an advanced Twitter search
professor of medicine at Stanford University.

this guy is a freaking idiot!

He needs to focus on vaccinations! Let the doctors worry about treatments. I wonder if those treatments are FDA approve

I heard when you get the treatment they chip you.

He needs to focus on vaccinations! Let the doctors worry about treatments. I wonder if those treatments are FDA approve

One of his top donors is an investor in Regeneron.

Makes so much more sense to treat it instead of trying to prevent it. :rolleyes:

Someone here wondered if promotion of the treatment might lead to some financial benefits for Desantis' allies.

Follow the money.

Edited to add - @Demon just called it.

Good. You'd have to live under a rock to not know about vaccines and where to get them, if you're of age.
DeSantis is spending his time and energy focused on treatment and surviving a highly-survivable virus for the vast, vast, vast majority of people, especially if they get treated EARLY.
Once again, DeSantis is leading from the front.

Yeah, and it'd not like vaccines and vaccinations have packed every news broadcast and print media story for the last eight months, or anything, right? Do you think there's a single Floridian that DOESN'T know vaccines are available free. But DESANTIS! amiright?

Florida has one of the widest availabilities of vaccine locations in the nation and have had since the vaccines became available.

Florida has one of the widest availabilities of vaccine locations in the nation and have had since the vaccines became available.

And yet some counties in northern Florida are under 25% vaccinated. Southern Florida, Dade and Broward, are over 80%.

Covid is endemic and it's past time we look at the virus as something we are going to be living with, and how we can successfully treat it, as well as protect our vulnerable populations.
DeSantis is setting an example of how to help the public help themselves. I have no doubt Florida will model this proactive mode of covid management for other states which will follow.

Everyone knows you have to support your donors....

His promotion of one of his large donors financial interests is disgusting. He is just like Trump, he couldn't care less about his constituents
, it's all about him and 2024. The voters will see him for what he is.

treatment and surviving a highly-survivable virus for the vast, vast, vast majority of people,
I have said this before, I will say it again, those who post about this being highly survivable seem to have forgotten, or simple couldn't care less about the 648,495+ deaths to date and counting.
What an incredibly cold hearted, small, and may I add - insecure - lot of people who SO easily dismiss the death count. Happy it isn't a million? And when it does reach that number? Still going to say "highly survivable?"
Those who post stuff like this obviously didn't lose anyone close and dear to them, if they had, they would be singing a different tune.

Good. You'd have to live under a rock to not know about vaccines and where to get them, if you're of age.
DeSantis is spending his time and energy focused on treatment and surviving a highly-survivable virus for the vast, vast, vast majority of people, especially if they get treated EARLY.
This is very much him leading from behind, not the front. It is promoting being reactive rather than proactive, which is not leading.

You can do all of the above. Promote masks, social distancing, and vaccines, and then, if after this you get coronavirus, then you also use this treatment.

One of his top donors is an investor in Regeneron.

Makes so much more sense to treat it instead of trying to prevent it. :rolleyes:

Let the doctors perscribe the treatment. What Death should do is focus on vaccinations.

Let the doctors perscribe the treatment. What Death should do is focus on vaccinations.

According to Fauci, the treatment is underutilized. So obviously doctors are not prescribing it enough.

I have said this before, I will say it again, those who post about this being highly survivable seem to have forgotten, or simple couldn't care less about the 648,495+ deaths to date and counting.
What an incredibly cold hearted, small, and may I add - insecure - lot of people who SO easily dismiss the death count. Happy it isn't a million? And when it does reach that number? Still going to say "highly survivable?"
Those who post stuff like this obviously didn't lose anyone close and dear to them, if they had, they would be singing a different tune.
omg, get a fainting couch. The hysteria is emblematic of not being able to refute or argue.
Covid is highly survivable, that's a fact. The data do not lie.
You've no idea who I've lost.

This is very much him leading from behind, not the front. It is promoting being reactive rather than proactive, which is not leading.

You can do all of the above. Promote masks, social distancing, and vaccines, and then, if after this you get coronavirus, then you also use this treatment.
No, quite the contrary. Even the vaccinated are getting covid. Providing life-saving treatment once infected-and we'll all get infected at some point-is how Fauci should be leading and how Biden should be leading.
Being reactive is screaming that you need 30K ventilators.
Vaccines are merely priming our bodies TO GET COVID, and fight it effectively.
Monoclonal antibodies are a vital part of that fight.

Look, you can reject this pivotal paradigm for treatment, but some day, you or someone you know- who is vax'd- will get covid.

I hope you are proactive and don't just go home and hope you don't wind up getting deathly ill. I hope you decide to treat the disease.

And you can thank DeSantis for leading the way.

DeSantis isn't prescribing or providing treatment. He's providing access to all.

No, quite the contrary. Even the vaccinated are getting covid. Providing life-saving treatment once infected-and we'll all get infected at some point-is how Fauci should be leading and how Biden should be leading.
Being reactive is screaming that you need 30K ventilators.
Vaccines are merely priming our bodies TO GET COVID, and fight it effectively.
Monoclonal antibodies are a vital part of that fight.

Look, you can reject this pivotal paradigm for treatment, but some day, you or someone you know- who is vax'd- will get covid.

I hope you are proactive and don't just go home and hope you don't wind up getting deathly ill. I hope you decide to treat the disease.

And you can thank DeSantis for leading the way.
The vaccinated are less in danger of being hospitalized and dying from covid than the unvaccinated. This is a fact. So then that means that this treatment would then up those odds of not dying and even possibly not even having to be hospitalized.

Vaccines, masking, and social distancing are proactive measures. Treatment afterward is reactive. It doesn't mean that the treatment is wrong or shouldn't be given. It means that you take proactive measures first, and then if needed, you add on reactive measures.

According to Fauci, the treatment is underutilized. So obviously doctors are not prescribing it enough.
it's not the doctors responsibilty to get medical advice from the Gov.

it's not the doctors responsibilty to get medical advice from the Gov.

Doctors can't treat people who don't show up to be treated.

Back
Top Bottom