• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DeSantis Flies Migrants To Martha's Vinyard

Way to go Gov.
Thanks for solving our worker shortage

I dont think you guys will mind if we give them a job and a place to stay till they get on their feet?

I will never vote for Trump. Never did in the past.
I want America to be great but I don't want to be associated with Trump.
DeSantis is my future hope for president.

You wouldn't happen to have a hat that says F*** Trump, would you?
You did go on about caring for illegals, seeing that they're housed, fed and educated, but like someone in the MAGAsphere, that is simply a cudgel to bash lib-progs and Biden with as you have shown; meanwhile, your true motivation came to light -- you hate self-righteous blue states, and, taken as a whole, it seems pretty MAGA to me.

For the record, if you were to buy Trump merchandise from me via PM, I will never tell anyone, so you can pretend to be anti-MAGA while wearing a red hat and no one will ever know.

MAGA.

So you bitch and most about sanctuary cities then just cut out the shipping cost.

Thanks lots.
Thanks for solving our worker shortage

I dont think you guys will mind if we give them a job and a place to stay till they get on their feet?
WHy don't you give us your home address and addresses of your some of your blue state friends? We can pass that data on to the people getting a free bus or plane ride to a sanctuary city near you.

WHy don't you give us your home address and addresses of your some of your blue state friends? We can pass that data on to the people getting a free bus or plane ride to a sanctuary city near you.
Ohhhh house keepers all the way around.

Good show.

What a great example of the American way! Transport the poor to where the jobs are because people on Martha's Vineyard are under-served.
That exclusive resort island has been complaining it can't find enough help on the island to serve residents and tourists. If the locals are smart they will find a way to employ these migrants because, after all, that's why they came to this country in the first place, right?

it's honestly one of the best places for them. they'll find work and people who speak the language in no time.

Better yet DeSantis should have sent at least some them to Allan Dershowitz's Martha Vineyard's property to be housekeepers, gardeners, etc. I'm sure he would at least probably appreciate the company if nothing else.

Yeah are restaurants will be cheaper for burgers and lawn care.

I did 16 years in kitchens, many of those years in seasonal tourist destinations. In those places I spoke more Spanish than English. And my colleagues, all “illegals” were some of the happiest and best workers I’ve ever had the pleasure of cooking with.

I think it is time for the public to understand what a failure Biden's immigration policy is.
I think it is time for the public to understand how totally devoid of any vision for the country, or policy position to proffer, the Republicans are that they think stunts like this deserve to get them elected.
It is time for Democrats in blue states to live up to their belief that legal migrants are welcome in this country and the burden of caring for them should be shared by more than just the border states.
It's time for Republicans in red states to stop deluding themselves into thinking that those who cross our southern border stay in the states they cross over into. My city alone has an immigration population of 3.1 MILLION PEOPLE - the largest number in the city's history. That's JUST ONE NORTHERN CITY!! And not because any idiot is flying them here from Florida ... or Texas, or Arizona, or New Mexico, ...
Isn't that the fair thing to do? Share the burden of housing, social services, education, feeding, and employment to all who have been legally processed at the border?
See above.

If people are being bussed and flown places… and we have a labor shortage…

Perhaps we should open jobs up to them.

What a great example of the American way! Transport the poor to where the jobs are because people on Martha's Vineyard are under-served.
That exclusive resort island has been complaining it can't find enough help on the island to serve residents and tourists. If the locals are smart they will find a way to employ these migrants because, after all, that's why they came to this country in the first place, right?
Did the immigrants want to go to Marthas Vineyard? Or did DeSantis just abduct random people and send them there without any due process? If they wanted to go there and Florida wants to buy them a ticket, I guess that's between DeSantis and the voters. If they didn't want to go, then DeSantis has no jurisdiction to force them to go. This isn't Stalinist Russia.

I've noticed that nativists who post these sort of threads never have a word to say about the immigrants themselves or where they want to live. They aren't pawns on a chessboard for you to move around on a whim to own the libs, they are human beings with their own lives.

I think it is time for the public to understand what a failure Biden's immigration policy is. It is time for Democrats in blue states to live up to their belief that legal migrants are welcome in this country and the burden of caring for them should be shared by more than just the border states.
Isn't that the fair thing to do? Share the burden of housing, social services, education, feeding, and employment to all who have been legally processed at the border?
Immigration only benefits us on the left when it occurs in Red States. Anything that can punish and eventually flip a Red State is good. But immigration to a Blue State doesn't help us as there is just not enough room anymore for more tents on the city sidewalks. And quite frankly, we don't want immigrants in our nice, quiet liberal neighborhoods. It ruins our home equity. It's better to keep them and the poor segregated in city ghettos.

At first I thought this was just some harmless grandstanding by a politician buying them tickets to somewhere the immigrants wanted to go. But it sounds a lot darker than that. Local news here in Boston says they were Venezuelan refugees, and they had no idea where they were when they arrived. DeSantis didn't even give Marthas Vineyard a heads-up that they were coming, needlessly creating a humanitarian crisis. Fortunately a church was able to take them in.

Imagine being a US politician bragging about your involuntary "relocation program." DeSantis WANTS people to make the obvious connection to Stalin. The cruelty is the point.

Last edited:
Those migrants are in the country legally and free to travel anywhere they wish. They willingly boarded those plains to Martha's Vineyard.

Idiotic. This is just what America needs, more showboatters (and more people that love them). This didn't do anything for anybody, but waste taxpayer money.

The Republican party has a crisis of leadership, in that its completely bankrupt in this department.

They don't want a leader; they want a fuhrer.

At first I thought this was just some harmless grandstanding by a politician buying them tickets to somewhere the immigrants wanted to go. But it sounds a lot darker than that. Local news here in Boston says they were Venezuelan refugees, and they had no idea where they were when they arrived. DeSantis didn't even give Marthas Vineyard a heads-up that they were coming, needlessly creating a humanitarian crisis. Fortunately a church was able to take them in.

Imagine being a US politician bragging about your involuntary "relocation program." DeSantis WANTS people to make the obvious connection to Stalin. The cruelty is the point.

Chaos is the point. They want to sow discord in 'enemy' territory.

Chaos is the point. They want to sow discord in 'enemy' territory.
Someone better tell DeSantis to stop resisting The Establishment. Doesn't he know The Establishment has 6 ways from Sunday at getting back at him? Didn't he notice what was done to Trump to punish him for not yielding to The Establishment's wishes? He might as well start wearing a suit with red and white concentric circles all over it, because he will soon be target number one once Trump is gone for good. These Violent MAGA Extremist Domestic Terrorist Insurrectionist types will never learn. There is no alternative to our Establishment Democracy.

This is egregious. Trump would never do this, ever, and not because most of the illegals will have jobs mowing lawns or pruning hedges within a week, but because they'll also impregnate a Martha Vineyard generation of underage girls.

It's as if DeSantis is in on the Democrat plot to replace us.

MAGA.

Your reverse psychology is astonishing.

You get 1 million Biden Bucks for your support to the cause.

God bless the new age Democratic Party.

Lol! Is this supposed to be some sick burn?

Those people he relocated to a tourist destination will probably thrive there. where there are tourists there are open positions in the service industry. Something these folks are qualified to do. They’ll have no problem taking these tourists money.
I agree. Keep sending those planes there. The rich progressives need more slaves.

Back
Top Bottom