• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dems quick to rush a moot second impeachment

Bingo!

But the 'people' are not the problem, either. Or at least, many of the people are not the problem. The question is, 'what are the forces & circumstances that causes them to feel or be so marginalized & disenfranchised'? That - is the key!

This really is not rocket science - the Democrat and the Republicans in Washington marginalized & disenfranchised us. The democrats are more interested support groups for trangendered teens than the middle class family who lost their jobs because they were shipped to China as a result of shitty trade policy after shitty trade policy. The REpubs are interested in spending trillions of dollars in the Middle East the keep the military industrial complex humming. Both parties are eager to suck the dick of wall street to keep the campaign cash flowing.

Trump was the first President who came in and told Washington and all our "allies" around he world to **** themselves, I represent America and Americans. So of course, he was such an existential threat to the Swamp., he had to go. FIrst it was the Russia Russia RUssia hoax. Then it was the first bullshit impeachment. Then the election. Then the preplanned riot. Now a second bullshit impeachment. That is why we're pissed, that is why we suspect the fix was in.

It's not moot. If convicted after he leaves office he could lose govt perks worth millions of dollars a year (I think he's gonna need it) and he would never be able to hold another public office again (no more campaign fundraising grifts). Even if he is not convicted, it will put Republican senators on record supporting djt and by 2022 the extent of the trump crime family's grift of the American people will be more clear. Win win.

This really is not rocket science - the Democrat and the Republicans in Washington marginalized & disenfranchised us. The democrats are more interested support groups for trangendered teens than the middle class family who lost their jobs because they were shipped to China as a result of shitty trade policy after shitty trade policy. The REpubs are interested in spending trillions of dollars in the Middle East the keep the military industrial complex humming. Both parties are eager to suck the dick of wall street to keep the campaign cash flowing.

I agree completely. I looked hard at Trump from MAR through May or JUN, of his '16 campaign. Trump had a lot to say, a lot that resonated.

But by that summer, after McCain, the Mexican Judge, and the gold star Khan Family, I realized I could not support him in good conscience.

I've since come to see him as a con-man.

Trump was the first President who came in and told Washington and all our "allies" around he world to **** themselves, I represent America and Americans. So of course, he was such an existential threat to the Swamp., he had to go. FIrst it was the Russia Russia RUssia hoax. Then it was the first bullshit impeachment. Then the election. Then the preplanned riot. Now a second bullshit impeachment. That is why we're pissed, that is why we suspect the fix was in.
I see the swamp-backlash as real, but only to a degree. I do disagree with you though, in that I believe Trump had to be impeached.

Depends on what happens.
With basically 7 days left in office for Trump, the Senate will not have a trial in that quick of time. So Trump will be out of office before the Senate acts.
If the Senate upholds the impeachment Trump could be barred from holding any federal position again. That would remove any chance of him running in 2024.

So its moot if one thinks the impeachment will quickly remove Trump from the position.
It is not moot if the Senate finds him guilty and basically bans Trump from any future political positions.

I agree completely. I looked hard at Trump from MAR through May or JUN, of his '16 campaign. Trump had a lot to say, a lot that resonated.

But by that summer, after McCain, the Mexican Judge, and the gold star Khan Family, I realized I could not support him in good conscience.

I've since come to see him as a con-man.

All of those folks were big boys. Boo Hoo. You don't like the spotlight, get out of it.

Bottom line, promises made, promised kept. That is rare in a President. Particularly with 95% of Washington working against him.

I see the swamp-backlash as real, but only to a degree. I do disagree with you though, in that I believe Trump had to be impeached.
For what? Having a rally? Like he did dozens of times before?

It's not moot. If convicted after he leaves office he could lose govt perks worth millions of dollars a year (I think he's gonna need it) and he would never be able to hold another public office again (no more campaign fundraising grifts). Even if he is not convicted, it will put Republican senators on record supporting djt and by 2022 the extent of the trump crime family's grift of the American people will be more clear. Win win.
What Constitutional authority does the Senate have to try a private individual?

Depends on what happens.
With basically 7 days left in office for Trump, the Senate will not have a trial in that quick of time. So Trump will be out of office before the Senate acts.
If the Senate upholds the impeachment Trump could be barred from holding any federal position again. That would remove any chance of him running in 2024.

So its moot if one thinks the impeachment will quickly remove Trump from the position.
It is not moot if the Senate finds him guilty and basically bans Trump from any future political positions.
Or the Senate dismisses the case becaue they have no jurisdiction over a private citizen.

it's almost like not fomenting an insurrection would have saved him from a lot of this.
What was the actual tweet this is all about? Sorry, I don't use Twitter. I bearly even use Facebook :p

He was impeached. Nothing Trump & his worshipers can do about it except froth.
Then that's it, problem solved, it's all better now.

Does that not say it all?
So if you were one week away from leaving your job and you had some friends smash up the building would you expect the owners to say well **** it she's leaving anyway?

Except Donnie just filled the swamp with bigger gators and snakes and added total complete whack jobs to the mix. So sorry but NO!!!!!!!

There is much criticism to go around for the hollowing out of the middle class, the engine that fuels this economy. Donnie and HIS gators and snakes and whack jobs are not an answer to anything. They are simply a path to the destruction of the country on a faster time line. They are not more than that.

AND, we who know donnie well tried to tell the rest of the country that we would be here if you put donnie in the WH. Your hair and pants were too much on fire to listen. That is a bad way to be when it comes time to make a decision.

Last edited:
What was the actual tweet this is all about? Sorry, I don't use Twitter. I bearly even use Facebook :p

it wasn't just one tweet. it was his entire "i actually won, the election was stolen, and we can't let them do this" campaign of lies. he frothed up his duped loyalists into a frenzy and in the process fomented an insurrection.

imagine that , its the dems who are using our system as a whipping stick for those they disagree with in a totally unprecedented impeachment hearing.

he had a right to contest the election results and we had a right to demand an investigation. the only ones who did wrong here were the couple hundred people who entered the capitol building...

along with all the thousands upon thousands of rioters last summer , of course.

insurrection, a garbage theory. if there had been a real insurrection it would have been thousands of people there , where the capitol building would still be under their control, albeit in a deadly standoff, as easily as they took it due to lax security.

imagine that , its the dems who are using our system as a whipping stick for those they disagree with in a totally unprecedented impeachment hearing.

he had a right to contest the election results and we had a right to demand an investigation. the only ones who did wrong here were the couple hundred people who entered the capitol building...

along with all the thousands upon thousands of rioters last summer , of course.

insurrection, a garbage theory. if there had been a real insurrection it would have been thousands of people there , where the capitol building would still be under their control, albeit in a deadly standoff, as easily as they took it due to lax security.

Yes, we disagree with seditious presidents.. You called it... will wear that label proudly.... Those idiots were NEVER going to hold the capitol for more than a few hours, the only question was whether they left in body bags or walking/running...

Hypothetical favors sedition. The rest of us don't.

I didn't think it would get to this point, but here we are.

The trolls are trolling themselves.

Or the Senate dismisses the case becaue they have no jurisdiction over a private citizen.
The impeachment came while Trump was still in office. Senate can still address the impeachment.

What Constitutional authority does the Senate have to try a private individual?
Actions were committed during the term of the presidency. The real answer however is we don't know. Courts may decide.

The impeachment came while Trump was still in office. Senate can still address the impeachment.
Perhaps. Perhaps not. That is a question they will be addressing next week.

Actions were committed during the term of the presidency. The real answer however is we don't know. Courts may decide.
Or the Senate will decide. They can dismiss the case.

Back
Top Bottom