• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dems quick to rush a moot second impeachment

It was McConnell of course, but

If the republicans developed a plan to compete with Obamacare it wouldn't have made a difference who was senate leader. They never had a plan.
Read again, and try again.

Bingo!

But the 'people' are not the problem, either. Or at least, many of the people are not the problem. The question is, 'what are the forces & circumstances that causes them to feel or be so marginalized & disenfranchised'? That - is the key!

The forces & circumstances that causes them to feel or be so marginalized & disenfranchised:
A steady diet of
'The election was stolen',
'Mainstream media is helping to cover it up',
'Everyone is helping to cover it up',
'Now we are going to be ruled by people who run pedophile rings'
and nothing else, since November.

Part of the evidence they have, is the lack of evidence. That proves how well the election steal was done.

It is crazy but critical thinking is not in the toolbox

The forces & circumstances that causes them to feel or be so marginalized & disenfranchised:
A steady diet of
'The election was stolen',
'Mainstream media is helping to cover it up',
'Everyone is helping to cover it up',
'Now we are going to be ruled by people who run pedophile rings'
and nothing else, since November.

Part of the evidence they have, is the lack of evidence. That proves how well the election steal was done.

It is crazy but critical thinking is not in the toolbox

Agreed. I'm surely not claiming they're innocent . . .

Agreed. I'm surely not claiming they're innocent . . .

In a way they are innocent.

No one who is propagandized realizes they have been. It wouldn't work if they did. They fed their biases, true. But they didn't consciously decide for themselves to enter a reality designed to make them tools of the folks who paid the propagandists.

In a way they are innocent.

No one who is propagandized realizes they have been. It wouldn't work if they did. They fed their biases, true. But they didn't consciously decide for themselves to enter a reality designed to make them tools of the folks who paid the propagandists.

Meh. I'm sure it varies across the group. I'm sure some are contributory, including of using willful ignorance.

Meh. I'm sure it varies across the group. I'm sure some are contributory, including of using willful ignorance.
And don't forget the exploitation of the universal human resistance to admitting they made a mistake or have been fooled.

Which I am convinced is the primary reason the Republican party has any relevence at all anymore.

And then there's the fact that their propagandists are a legitimate target for their frustration. They can be aimed.

Aim them.

And don't forget the exploitation of the universal human resistance to admitting they made a mistake or have been fooled.

Which I am convinced is the primary reason the Republican party has any relevence at all anymore.

I still wouldn't dismiss 'willful ignorance'. The easiest man to con, is a man who wants to believe.

But to your first statement, I really like Samuel Clemen's (Mark Twain) thoughts on this:

"It's easier to get someone to believe a lie, than to get them to believe they've been lied to!"

And there ya' go . . .

Back
Top Bottom