• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dems Depressed and Disheartened

Joe Klien? Really. Wasn't he a Journ-O-Lister? Bragged about his kneepads, they have a B and an O stamped on them...

The Dems screwed the American people and didn't care about our opinions, then they call the dirty deeds "accomplishments". Now they are depressed that they haven't been embraced by us and in fact are about to get their asses kicked? Too damn bad and I have a suggestion if they're depressed, to quote David Lee Roth in that great Van Halen song "Might as well jump........go 'head and jump".

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Tuesday shows that 25% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as president. Forty-five percent (45%) Strongly Disapprove, giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -20

Overall, 44% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the president's performance. Fifty-six percent (56%) disapprove.

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™

Monday, August 23, 2010

Republicans now hold a nine-point lead over Democrats on the Generic Congressional Ballot for the week ending Sunday, August 22, 2010.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 47% of Likely Voters would vote for their district's Republican congressional candidate, while 38% would opt for his or her Democratic opponent.

Generic Congressional Ballot - Rasmussen Reports™

Presaging the looming Republican sweep is the shift in the party ratings on various issues. Rasmussen has the Republicans ahead by 49-37 on the economy and 53-37 on healthcare. His likely-voter poll shows GOP leads on every major issue area: national security (49-37), Iraq (47-39), education (43-30), immigration (47-34), Social Security (48-36) and taxes (52-34).

When Republicans are winning issues like education, healthcare and Social Security — normally solidly Democratic issues — a sweep of unimaginable proportions is in the offing.

MORRIS: GOP will win House, Senate - TheHill.com

Dick Morris (born November 28, 1948) is an American political author and commentator who previously worked as a pollster, political campaign consultant, and general political consultant.

A longtime friend and advisor to Bill Clinton during his time as Governor of Arkansas, Morris became a political adviser to the White House after Clinton was elected president in 1992. Morris encouraged Clinton to pursue third way policies of triangulation that combined traditional Republican and Democratic proposals, rhetoric, and issues to achieve maximum political gain and popularity.

Dick Morris - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Suicide Is Painless" is a song written by Johnny Mandel (music) and Mike Altman (lyrics), which is best known for being featured as the theme song for both the movie and TV series M*A*S*H. The actual title, as it appears on the sheet music, is "Song from M*A*S*H (Suicide Is Painless)."

Suicide Is Painless - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:lamo

Dems Depressed and Disheartened - Swampland - TIME.com

I think the author is right. President Obama has accomplished a great deal, but because he's not out there holding victory dances, we don't know the half of what he's accomplished.

Yeah - imagine that - the people who know nothing about politics and don't actually care - still don't know anything about politics and what's going on.

But the article - I hate opinion and blog pieces like that. the author calls on Limbaugh and Graham to make points.
Who the hell calls on Limbaugh and Graham to make *serious* points?

I don't get the narrow minded focus that comes from people in this sense - I never EVER paid any attention to all the riff-raff that everyone loves to hate on the right (when I was on the right) :shrug: I don't get that obsession.

Last edited:
I think the author is right. President Obama has accomplished a great deal, but because he's not out there holding victory dances, we don't know the half of what he's accomplished.
It's not a good idea to have a 'victory party' for 'accomplisments' that the American People aren't happy with.

But then, when you campaign on 'change' and then turn out to be 'more of the same, just worse in every regard', you have to expect a fair amoutn of buyers' remorse.

Last edited:
I can't imagine why Democrats would be depressed. I mean, all they did was set their guy up to be the Second Coming of black Jesus. :roll:

It should be interesting to see what they do to rehab him for 2012, considering how little he's done so far and what few accomplishments he's had have been pretty unpopular. It certainly won't get much better along those lines if the GOP does well in the midterms, either.

I can't imagine why Democrats would be depressed. I mean, all they did was set their guy up to be the Second Coming of black Jesus.
I prefer the term "Secular Messiah".
He, after, all, was to deliver us from the evil that was the Bush administration and lead us to the promised land.

You know - if they're not happy with everyone he's done . . what do they *want* out of him?

It's like the other thread on 'why aren't women happy?' (though I prefer the term content) - and you'll find that when people say "I'm not happy with ____" it's because their personal, selfish interests aren't being seen to and furthered.

Fewer and fewer people have concern and interest for our general future and for our overall society and well being as a country.

Which, in this area, I think Obama's tanked us deeper into the pit.

Too funny. :D

OBAMACARE.jpg

I don't view the article from the "gloom and doom/despiration politics" perspective most on here apparently do. I just think the Dems realize they'd have a very difficult time raising any sort of "Mission Accomplished" narrative right now despite their many accomplishments during President Obama's early tenure.

The author is correct when he says that the Obama Administration and Congressional Democrats have "passed health care, a stimulus bill that helped avoid a Depression, a groundbreaking financial reform bill that is too complicated to be popularly described, a bailout that enabled General Motors and Chrysler to survive. He nominated two estimable women to the Supreme Court. He restored America's image in the world," but none of that matters as long as the People don't see improvements in the economy or find not just "a job" but "the job" they want (or had) to pay the bills. So, what should the President and Democrats do? I think the answer is very simple: give America a brief history lesson.

If I were the DNC Chairman or the President, instead of just talking up the accomplishments made under the President's agenda, I'd frame those accomplishments within the context of how this country rebounded after each deep recession or even the Great Depression. I'd remind them that with each drop in our nation's economic stability, Congress and the White House took a hard look at what went wrong and took swift, decisive and necessary action - whether popular or not - to correct the problems the nation faced and turn the economy around. I'd frame the narrative in the context of "cause and effect", what was happening before this piece or that piece of legistlation was passed and why it was so important not only to re-write the laws that government this particular industry or problem, but how specific aspects of the new legistlation will help correct said problem.

Example:

"Healthcare reform - Medicare, Medicaid and SS are all costing the government hundreds of millions of dollars every year, many of the entitlements under Medicare and Medicaid have gone largely unfunded, and each year more and more Americans among the elderly, the disabled and the poor are coming under these programs faster than revenues can be generated. Furthermore, more and more expenditures under Medicare are being paid that in many cases should not be paid due to mischaractorization of claims. Americans are being denied health care due to pre-existing conditions...etc., etc., etc."

And with each issue being addressed I would described some circumstances the People can related to in their personal lives. I wouldn't talk about the cost of each piece of legistlation; I think the People already know we're paying a heavy price for all of it. But I would stress the cost of doing nothing, i.e., how much more Medicare would be added to the deficit if healthcare reform hadn't been passed, how much higher health care premiums would likely increase, how many more Americans would likely file for bankruptcy as a result of one family member having a catystrophic illness or injury, how many more Americans would be defrauded by credit card companies w/their deceptive practises if credit card legistlation hadn't been passed, how America would have been down to one American automaker if GM/Chrysler hadn't been bailed out and how the nation may have suffered had we allowed the mechanics of capitalism to run its course (i.e., allowing one auto giant to fail hoping either another would fill the marketplace or a new one would come along and fill the void), how financial reform was necessary to keep Wall Street from taking taxpayers to the cleaners while they ran away from their responsibilities while taking big multi-million dollar bonuses with them.

It's all about the narrative! Admittedly, Republicans are much better at it than Democrats. They've had more practise at it from trying to win back seats in Congress since the Nixon administration. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Dems Depressed and Disheartened - Swampland - TIME.com

Victory dances in our country's economic state? With our unemployment rate? With our housing crisis that keeps getting worse and worse?

The problem is what Obama did we didn't immediately need - and what was accomplished didn't address the needs either. He should be working night and day to put people back to work, cut spending and put forth a budget that reigns in spending, while trying to do what he campaigned on: changing Washington or at least, brokering some sort of working relationship between Dems and GOPers. But that bridge was burned early on. So victory dances? That would would be inherently dangerous to the President's health, and probably why he's on vacation and not victory dancing.

You know, if I were a Liberal who voted for Obama and got Bush Lite instead, I would also be depressed. LOL.

You know, if I were a Liberal who voted for Obama and got Bush Lite instead, I would also be depressed. LOL.

Bush lite?

Don't you mean Bush spending on steroids?

Of course their sad. Their black Muslim leader is selling us to china so the terrorists can bomb us again and nobody will care.

I dunno --- Obama's got lots more calories, it costs more, but feels the same going down. That's not a "lite" that's a "clone" in beer talk.

Of course their sad. Their black Muslim leader is selling us to china so the terrorists can bomb us again and nobody will care.

LOL

Riiight - like he's the only one borrowing $$ from China. Yeah - Obama invented that.

Bush lite?

Don't you mean Bush spending on steroids?

Not just the spending. Obama promised more freedom of speech, but his "free speech zones" are even more repressive than Bush's were. He promised to end spying on citizens, and increased it instead. He promised no more torture, but it's still happening. He promised to take responsibility for his actions, but points fingers, just like Bush did. He promised to hold corporations responsible for their actions, but with the blowout of the BP well, we find out that this administration continued the Bush administration practice of allowing oil companies to do their own inspections, and rubber stamp their reports, and the MMS still got gifts from the corporations in return for not doing their jobs. Obama promised to make main street his priority, but still gave it all to Wall Street, by giving more bailout money to the banksters who deserved to go under. All in all, Bush was a cancer on America. Rather than being the cure, the Obama administration made this cancer stage 4.

I honestly have no respect for Obama whatsoever because he is just another lying politician.

O-kay ... :shock:

PS: "Of course they're sad."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom