• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrats panic, calling the POTUS's address lies before he even speaks

mrdeltoid

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
I've been asking why he hasn't done a prime time address on border security for weeks now. The President appeared on national TV with top Border Security officials that stated plainly that a wall/barrier is badly needed to allow more effective control of the border. I expect him to have the stats and numbers to prove to the American people how serious this problem is. Democrats like Jerry Nadler are starting to panic making statements that they expect the president to lie to the American people. All these democrats know full well that thousands of illegals are pouring over the border unchecked. They also know that walls/barriers make it much more difficult to defeat, and make it easier for border agents to patrol. They make misleading statements like " A wall won't stop anything" and all the "experts" THEY spoke to say it won't work, that "drones" and "high tech security methods " are what's needed. Notice that the experts Trump had speak were actual officials that over see the operation at the border, and have names and titles, and all 3 spoke clearly stating the need for a wall. Listen to border agent Hector Garza :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wveJ5GJ3o_o I guess Nadler will call him a liar as well.

If Trumps lips are moving, he’s lying.

So he’s gonna lie, in his speech... A lot.

I've been asking why he hasn't done a prime time address on border security for weeks now. The President appeared on national TV with top Border Security officials that stated plainly that a wall/barrier is badly needed to allow more effective control of the border. I expect him to have the stats and numbers to prove to the American people how serious this problem is. Democrats like Jerry Nadler are starting to panic making statements that they expect the president to lie to the American people. All these democrats know full well that thousands of illegals are pouring over the border unchecked. They also know that walls/barriers make it much more difficult to defeat, and make it easier for border agents to patrol. They make misleading statements like " A wall won't stop anything" and all the "experts" THEY spoke to say it won't work, that "drones" and "high tech security methods " are what's needed. Notice that the experts Trump had speak were actual officials that over see the operation at the border, and have names and titles, and all 3 spoke clearly stating the need for a wall. Listen to border agent Hector Garza :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wveJ5GJ3o_o I guess Nadler will call him a liar as well.

The Trump-hating multimedia echo chamber is making hay on this "number of terrorists" thing. But they aren't talking about the other numbers the President is going to talk about. They'll just act like those other numbers can be disregarded because of some "lie".

Doesn't matter, though. Trump will establish the basis for calling the southern border situation a crisis. This will establish the justification for declaring a national emergency and building the wall...no matter what Chuck and Nancy say or do.

Democrats panic, calling the POTUS's address lies before he even speaks

Only a fool would abjure calling and recognizing a rattler as non-venomous until after it strikes. Just as a rattler's venomous nature is known before it bites, Trump's predilection for lying, profligately so, unmitigatedly so, inveterately so, is a known trait of his. Forewarned is forearmed.

The Trump-hating multimedia echo chamber is making hay on this "number of terrorists" thing. But they aren't talking about the other numbers the President is going to talk about. They'll just act like those other numbers can be disregarded because of some "lie".

Doesn't matter, though. Trump will establish the basis for calling the southern border situation a crisis. This will establish the justification for declaring a national emergency and building the wall...no matter what Chuck and Nancy say or do.

This will reach the working people that are working all day and don't have cable. The internet and am radio is a way to keep the "sound bite" info in check. It is only helpful to those that have access and time for it. Back in the day, the Nadler "Trump will lie tonight" sound bite would be the only info a lot of citizens would get. And let's face it, if it weren't for Fox, the left would still have network AND cable news locked down. If the 2016 election would've taken place in 1966, HRC would've won in a landslide.

There is no crisis or national security emergency, so yeah, he's lying.

Only a fool would abjure calling and recognizing a rattler as non-venomous until after it strikes. Just as a rattler's venomous nature is known before it bites, Trump's predilection for lying, profligately so, unmitigatedly so, inveterately so, is a known trait of his. Forewarned is forearmed.

Are the border patrol officials lying as well?

...Doesn't matter, though. Trump will establish the basis for calling the southern border situation a crisis. This will establish the justification for declaring a national emergency and building the wall...no matter what Chuck and Nancy say or do.

He could announce that if the Dems don't cave in x number of days, he'll declare an emergency and I'm half hoping he does. For non-cult members it'll be another example of his inability to make deals and it'll accelerate the loss of support from independents and moderate Repubs (Rinos)...

To which lies do you refer?

The one about Trump's Wall being necessary?

About there being a "crisis" at the border?

The lie about the caravan containing gangs of known terrorists?

Maybe you are referring to the lies told by Trump and often repeated by Sarah Sanders, Mike Pence and members of the GOP concerning 4,000 terrorists having come over the border.

Or are you referring to the 10 known terrorists a day captured coming over the border?

Maybe it was the lie that Trump told when he said he wanted a big concrete wall.

Or could it be the lie about not really wanting a wall but other things which he hasn't been able to articulate.

I know! It was the lie about most of the people on furlough supporting the shutdown.

Wait... it might be the lie about a four living former presidents telling Trump that they support his Wall.

Maybe it's the lie about the cost of the wall down now from the $21 billion that Congress initially approved and Trump eventually turned down.

Look, I'm doing this from memory. There are many more lies maybe others would like to list. No matter, this is a start.

So my question to you is to which lies do you refer? All, some, additional Trumpian lies?

Risky Definition No. 612

Cynic

cyn·ic

n.

1. A person who has stepped in enough bull**** to smell it coming

There is no crisis or national security emergency, so yeah, he's lying.

So far in FY19 there has been over 120,000 apprehensions. And that is only the ones that were caught. You don't think an average of 10,000 illegals per week, not including the ones that aren't caught is a national security issue? The border patrol believes it is.

Maybe you are referring to the lies told by Trump and often repeated by Sarah Sanders, Mike Pence and members of the GOP concerning 4,000 terrorists having come over the border.

Or are you referring to the 10 known terrorists a day captured coming over the border?

Maybe it was the lie that Trump told when he said he wanted a big concrete wall.

Or could it be the lie about not really wanting a wall but other things which he hasn't been able to articulate.

I know! It was the lie about most of the people on furlough supporting the shutdown.

Wait... it might be the lie about a four living former presidents telling Trump that they support his Wall.

Maybe it's the lie about the cost of the wall down now from the $21 billion that Congress initially approved and Trump eventually turned down.

Look, I'm doing this from memory. There are many more lies maybe others would like to list. No matter, this is a start.

So my question to you is to which lies do you refer? All, some, additional Trumpian lies.

Risky Definition No. 612

Cynic

cyn·ic

n.

Just some facts for you. Tell me which ones are lies.:https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...er-migration&usg=AOvVaw0pF-IAEZ3y1EoYVLp0Je76

I'd happily bet a paycheck that there is a lie or falsehood somewhere in his speech. It amazes me that people are pretending as though we shouldn't just assume that he will lie about something.

Here's an interesting experiment. Can a trump supporter give us 1 single speech that he has ever given that didn't contain an obvious/blatant falsehood or lie?

He could announce that if the Dems don't cave in x number of days, he'll declare an emergency and I'm half hoping he does. For non-cult members it'll be another example of his inability to make deals and it'll accelerate the loss of support from independents and moderate Repubs (Rinos)...

No. I don't agree.

He should state the situation on the border and call on Chuck and Nancy to do the right thing and give him the money to deal with it. No threats. No deadlines. And then, at a time of HIS choosing, he can declare the emergency and proceed. Chuck and Nancy will then have to figure out how they are going to react.

It is is possible he won’t blatantly lie to us. There is a first time for everything. But if I were to bet money, I know what the safest bet would be.

To be fair, if Trump didn't lie and exaggerate all the time, then people would be less likely to come out and say "expect him to lie".

So my question to you is to which lies do you refer? All, some, additional Trumpian lies?

Risky Definition No. 612

Cynic

cyn·ic

n.

Look I know Trump is a moron, and doesn't have his facts straight, but speaking on cost specifically, don't you think the money we would save on taking care of illegals would more than pay for the wall, along with every other border security tactic?

Oh, and I would ask you that if Trump's facts are so obvious and the "crisis" is so alarming why Trump and VP Pence and Sarah Sanders and several GOP Congressmen have felt compelled to lie and lie and lie and lie and lie and obfuscate and misdirect and lie about it for 2 freaking years?

Review my earlier post listing some - not all - of the lies Trump and his people have told the American public about the need for Trump's Wall.

What are you telling me it says? I'm apparently not seeing what you want me to see. But, I do hope President Stable Genius uses this chart tonight AND provides us with an interpretation of what it means related to border "crisis".

"There are none so blind as those that refuse to see." Your hatred is blinding you.

It is is possible he won’t blatantly lie to us. There is a first time for everything. But if I were to bet money, I know what the safest bet would be.

Here's what I'm betting will happen. Anonymous will hack into network broadcasts of Trump's speech and will broadcast Trump's Pee Tape for the world to see.

To be fair, if Trump didn't lie and exaggerate all the time, then people would be less likely to come out and say "expect him to lie".

Fair enough. He has taken the "Lying politician" to a new level, but do you really believe "Chancy" believes walls and fences don't work? This isn't about the money. This is pure politics from the left. I think Trump believes the Border Patrol officials are telling the truth, that walls/barriers are needed. Garza said publicly that if Trump didn't get cooperation, he should do whatever it takes as the border situation is a crisis.

"There are none so blind as those that refuse to see." Your hatred is blinding you.

OK, then show me. I'm asking you to show me. Tell me what you see in the chart you provided. I'm not getting it. If it is sooooooo obvious why haven't Trump and Trump/Fox Network been flogging the hell out of the chart? I'm going to go out on a limb here but I would venture to say that Trump and Fox haven't used the chart because it doesn't say whatever it is you think it says. Then again, I don't know what you think is says. So clue me up.

Yep, since it was announced that Trump was granted access by the MSM for his address to the nation, the left has become unhinged in their response. There is currently on social media a campaign to get the MSM to pull the plug on his address.

I watched an interview with Mike Pompeo in the ME visiting the King of Jordan and he was asked about Trump's address tonight and Pompeo chuckled and said he has previewed a draft of Trump's speech tonight and went on to say he is going to make history tonight.

Look I know Trump is a moron, and doesn't have his facts straight, but speaking on cost specifically, don't you think the money we would save on taking care of illegals would more than pay for the wall, along with every other border security tactic?

I don't know. Neither does Trump. If he does know he isn't saying.

What does "taking care of illegals" mean? And when you give me an answer my next question will be: Compared to what?

Back
Top Bottom