• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrats panic, calling the POTUS's address lies before he even speaks

Oh, and I would ask you that if Trump's facts are so obvious and the "crisis" is so alarming why Trump and VP Pence and Sarah Sanders and several GOP Congressmen have felt compelled to lie and lie and lie and lie and lie and obfuscate and misdirect and lie about it for 2 freaking years?

Review my earlier post listing some - not all - of the lies Trump and his people have told the American public about the need for Trump's Wall.

TBH, (I know, ironic) I believe the Border Patrol agents, and the previous DHS official Hohman. I know Trumps a liar, but from what the "experts" say, (the real ones) along with my prior military service, I sincerely believe that walls and barriers/fences make defending a defensive position much easier.

I've been asking why he hasn't done a prime time address on border security for weeks now. The President appeared on national TV with top Border Security officials that stated plainly that a wall/barrier is badly needed to allow more effective control of the border. I expect him to have the stats and numbers to prove to the American people how serious this problem is. Democrats like Jerry Nadler are starting to panic making statements that they expect the president to lie to the American people. All these democrats know full well that thousands of illegals are pouring over the border unchecked. They also know that walls/barriers make it much more difficult to defeat, and make it easier for border agents to patrol. They make misleading statements like " A wall won't stop anything" and all the "experts" THEY spoke to say it won't work, that "drones" and "high tech security methods " are what's needed. Notice that the experts Trump had speak were actual officials that over see the operation at the border, and have names and titles, and all 3 spoke clearly stating the need for a wall. Listen to border agent Hector Garza :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wveJ5GJ3o_o I guess Nadler will call him a liar as well.

What panic? Sems to me the one who is panicking is Trump, otherwise why go on TV?

DHS found 6 people on the terrorist list, not 4000, so more lies. There is no crisis, there never was.

It will be necessary to open the government before any negotiations can begin, because Pelosi will not negotiate with a hostage taker.

Besides, we had a 100 - 0 CR in the Senate, and that's enough that McConnell could have overridden a veto, and keep the government open.

It's really on McConnell. He's the reason for the shutdown, more than anyone else.

Yep, since it was announced that Trump was granted access by the MSM for his address to the nation, the left has become unhinged in their response. There is currently on social media a campaign to get the MSM to pull the plug on his address.

I watched an interview with Mike Pompeo in the ME visiting the King of Jordan and he was asked about Trump's address tonight and Pompeo chuckled and said he has previewed a draft of Trump's speech tonight and went on to say he is going to make history tonight.

Are you suggesting that Trump is going to be straightforward and honest and provide incontrovertible proof, indisputable facts? :2rofll:

Look I know Trump is a moron, and doesn't have his facts straight, but speaking on cost specifically, don't you think the money we would save on taking care of illegals would more than pay for the wall, along with every other border security tactic?

Here's what I know, another 1200 miles of border wall will cost a lot more than five billion dollars. I also know that this so called "crisis" is overblown. I also know that the Border Patrol is doing an excellent job right now, as it always does.
I also know that Trump has positioned one hundred percent FALSE numbers. I also expect him to lie even more tonight, about the cost of the wall, about whose fault the shutdown is, about how many terrorists came in, and about pretty much everything else.

I also know that rewarding hostage takers results in more hostage taking, so I know this, he can go **** himself.

If Trumps lips are moving, he’s lying.

So he’s gonna lie, in his speech... A lot.

IF the Fake News/Lying Left are talking about what Pres.Trump says, THEY'RE LYING, as they have proven again and again.

Are you suggesting that Trump is going to be straightforward and honest and provide incontrovertible proof, indisputable facts? :2rofll:

I think he is smart enough to know there will be those parsing every word he says to make him out a liar.

I would not be surprised to see Trump use all kinds of resources in this address to make his point starting with the feckless immigration policies on the border that are at the crux of the humanitarian crises. From statements from Doctors Without Borders who recently stated that 30% of the women who make the journey to the U.S. are rapped and it is the loopholes in our immigration policy that encourages them to keep coming and risking their lives and the lives of their children because all they know is if they can step foot on U.S. soil one way or another they are only held in detention for a short time then released, find a sanctuary city to get lost in and avoid deportation. Or the rise in the number of minors crossing the border without parents. The lack of accommodations on the border to house those crossing illegally.

I've been asking why he hasn't done a prime time address on border security for weeks now. The President appeared on national TV with top Border Security officials that stated plainly that a wall/barrier is badly needed to allow more effective control of the border. I expect him to have the stats and numbers to prove to the American people how serious this problem is.
What "stats?"

Southern border apprehensions are down 85% since the peak in 2000. (Note: this chart is from May 2018, but the trend is still very clear)

BorderApprehensionsCommentaryMay2018_Fig1Final-751x470.PNG

Terrorists aren't crossing the border. Right-wing domestic terrorists are a bigger threat than anyone crossing from Mexico.

What's happening now is that families are fleeing violence in Central America. They cross the border, surrender immediately to the border patrol, and apply for asylum.

By the way, it is legal to request asylum.

Democrats like Jerry Nadler are starting to panic making statements that they expect the president to lie to the American people.
No one is panicking. Dems expect him to lie, because he has lied constantly on pretty much every issue for... decades, actually. He doesn't even bother to admit he's lying, or accept any corrections, he just keeps on lying.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/trump-claims-database/

All these democrats know full well that thousands of illegals are pouring over the border unchecked.
Sure, there are undocumented immigrants crossing the border -- and as mentioned above, thousands looking for asylum as well. Of course, some of us are not terrified of undocumented immigrants, so....

They also know that walls/barriers make it much more difficult to defeat
Incorrect. They can go easily go under or over or around walls, just like they do right now. In fact, most undocumented immigrants now are flying into the US, and overstaying their visa.

They make misleading statements like " A wall won't stop anything" and all the "experts" THEY spoke to say it won't work, that "drones" and "high tech security methods " are what's needed.
Yeah, that's because... That's what is needed.

Notice that the experts Trump had speak were actual officials that over see the operation at the border, and have names and titles...
...and are all answerable to the President. Hmmmmm.

Democrats panic, calling the POTUS's address lies before he even speaks

considering that he lies pretty much every time he speaks, that's a safe bet.

The Trump-hating multimedia echo chamber is making hay on this "number of terrorists" thing. But they aren't talking about the other numbers the President is going to talk about. They'll just act like those other numbers can be disregarded because of some "lie".

Doesn't matter, though. Trump will establish the basis for calling the southern border situation a crisis. This will establish the justification for declaring a national emergency and building the wall...no matter what Chuck and Nancy say or do.

That's the problem when the White House spews lies on a daily basis. People then have to assume they're lying about everything else because it's a fair assumption.

I think he is smart enough to know there will be those parsing every word he says to make him out a liar.

I would not be surprised to see Trump use all kinds of resources in this address to make his point starting with the feckless immigration policies on the border that are at the crux of the humanitarian crises. From statements from Doctors Without Borders who recently stated that 30% of the women who make the journey to the U.S. are rapped and it is the loopholes in our immigration policy that encourages them to keep coming and risking their lives and the lives of their children because all they know is if they can step foot on U.S. soil one way or another they are only held in detention for a short time then released, find a sanctuary city to get lost in and avoid deportation. Or the rise in the number of minors crossing the border without parents. The lack of accommodations on the border to house those crossing illegally.

So you are saying that Trump's Wall is ultimately about pregnant women and little brown children and that Trump is going to make that case tonight? Trump and the GOP House and Senate have had two years to sort that out. I wasn't aware that it was the major issue. The GOP controlled government haven't acted as if it were primary issue. In fact they haven't said all that much about it.

I have a solution, however. Why not have the federal government enter into an agreement with Mexico that the US will fund abortion clinics in Mexico just south of the border where pregnant would be illegals can get free abortions? Problem solved and cheap too.

That would not only solve the issue of pregnant women and little brown children but I think Trump's base would be well pleased with the idea of reducing the number of brown people born in the world. What do you want to bet Trump will announce something similar tonight to excite his base? They'd be dancing in the streets.

No. I don't agree.

He should state the situation on the border and call on Chuck and Nancy to do the right thing and give him the money to deal with it. No threats. No deadlines. And then, at a time of HIS choosing, he can declare the emergency and proceed. Chuck and Nancy will then have to figure out how they are going to react.

Telling him to pound sand sounds about right.

OK, then show me. I'm asking you to show me. Tell me what you see in the chart you provided. I'm not getting it. If it is sooooooo obvious why haven't Trump and Trump/Fox Network been flogging the hell out of the chart? I'm going to go out on a limb here but I would venture to say that Trump and Fox haven't used the chart because it doesn't say whatever it is you think it says. Then again, I don't know what you think is says. So clue me up.

Probably because it gets pretty involves and takes longer than a 20sec sound bite/talking point to explain. They usually cherry pick the worst of the worst , such as the murderers and MS13 members to make their point, as these days most are making their decisions on emotion. The dems use the 2 kids that died, the pubbies use the cop that was killed on Christmas, and so on. My point is that the thousands that are apprehended every month, and disappear into the country(usually a sanctuary state), along with however many make it undetected, are a huge drain on the system financially, never mind the crimes they commit. Even the immigrants that claim asylum that come in ports of entry, are inadmissible, and must wait deportation. As long as we have our own citizens struggling to make it from paycheck to paycheck, and un or under employed citizens that depend on the system, there is only so much to spread around. I'm sure I'll be attacked mercilessly for saying this, but I believe we should close the borders completely , until we can accommodate, and help the illegals already here to assimilate and get a handle on this thing. I know it was long winded, sorry, but I believe these issues exceed the emotional reasons being highlighted, (gas lighted), to show the need for stronger border security, with walls, fences, drones, guard towers, more manpower etc.:peace

So you are saying that Trump's Wall is ultimately about pregnant women and little brown children and that Trump is going to make that case tonight? Trump and the GOP House and Senate have had two years to sort that out. I wasn't aware that it was the major issue. The GOP controlled government haven't acted as if it were primary issue. In fact they haven't said all that much about it.

I have a solution, however. Why not have the federal government enter into an agreement with Mexico that the US will fund abortion clinics in Mexico just south of the border where pregnant would be illegals can get free abortions? Problem solved and cheap too.

That would not only solve the issue of pregnant women and little brown children but I think Trump's base would be well pleased with the idea of reducing the number of brown people born in the world. What do you want to bet Trump will announce something similar tonight to excite his base? They'd be dancing in the streets.

My G-d you are desperate. Play the race card pal that is all you have.

The Trump-hating multimedia echo chamber is making hay on this "number of terrorists" thing. But they aren't talking about the other numbers the President is going to talk about.

"Other numbers" such as the number of border miles of land the federal government doesn't own. It's a majority of the border land in Texas and Texas accounts for more than half of the border with Mexico. Details, right? And we know details don't phase the most incompetent President at least since Harding, possibly ever.

Here's what I know, another 1200 miles of border wall will cost a lot more than five billion dollars. I also know that this so called "crisis" is overblown. I also know that the Border Patrol is doing an excellent job right now, as it always does.
I also know that Trump has positioned one hundred percent FALSE numbers. I also expect him to lie even more tonight, about the cost of the wall, about whose fault the shutdown is, about how many terrorists came in, and about pretty much everything else.

I also know that rewarding hostage takers results in more hostage taking, so I know this, he can go **** himself.

You don't know much about anatomy...…..:lol:;)

Back
Top Bottom